UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Fans

Saints 73

Here are some other facts that balance your side:

1) Last season, the last time records were available for actual comparison based on actual records, the America East consistently outranked the MAAC in strength.

2) UAlbany also has a very distinguished men's basketball record. One need only look at Doc Sauers's 41-year history. Only one losing season. And I don't personally care on which level the achievements were made.

3) UAlbany's program has experiencing a very strong trend toward improvement in the last several years. Two years ago we won only five games. Once that season, we had only four men on the court. Last year, we won eight games more than the previous season. We lost 7-8 games last year by seven points or less.

4) One word: Siena by 21!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...OMG. Never beaten a team with a winning record, eh? I would go research those facts. In fact, UA has beaten an IVY with a winning record and beaten an NCAA tourney team, with a 20-11 record.

As for beating teams from every major conference....WE HAVE BEEN AT IT FOR 5 years...you guys for 20+. Let's talk about this in 20 years. Until then, you guys lack humility and commonsense. It amazes us here at BPF.

Edited by Dane96

My retorts, in case they are erased on the Siena board. Enjoy:

Subject:...don't want to incite a riot, but I still disagree..."

In response to message #40

Should I also pick up a copy of that record book you own which states UA never has beaten a DI team with a winning record? Hmm.........I guess a certain 20-11 PATRIOT LEAGUE TEAM with an NCAA (yes, it was the play in game) Trip doesnt count. Is the IVY LEAGUE ALSO NOT PART OF DI.

You are so comical.........

"Hiring a Duke assistant is a ridiculous idea." -Soup

Print this message | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dane96

171 posts Oct-23rd-05 2:35 PM

47. "Re: Don't want to incite a riot, but I still disagree..."

In response to message #42

The funny thing Tony?! I predicted your response well before you even stated it. Check out the UA board and the times I posted compared to your reply here. I predicted you would use that excuse.

FACT....Lonegran has nothing to do with Brennan, the old UVM staff, the player dissention caused by the lack of hiring an asst, nor Trimboli and McIntosh.

FACT....if, as a board member purported, the MAAC is far superior of a league, Siena's tradition and facilities (which I concede is definately a selling point), and UVM's season were all put in perspective, then, according to some posters here, SIENA, even if it came in at the last two weeks, would have no problem landing two studs like McIntosh and Trimboli.

Let's put it this way. Siena is recruiting a kid and at the last minute a high level team comes in. Chances are, if playing time is similar, the kid will jump to the bigger team because of the glamour. If, as some purport, the MAAC and SIENA are so much better than the AE and UVM, Fran would have no problem landing a kid at the last minute considering these facts:

Years of NCAA appearnces- Favor Siena

Fan Base- Favor Siena

Facility- Favor Siena in a huge way

So...Siena is to UVM as Xavier is to Siena.

Before UVM's two year mini-run, this was one of the worst programs in the country for a 100 years.........ARE YOU KIDDING ME SAYING LONEGRAN HAD THAT MUCH OF AN ADVANTAGE.

"Hey kid, we did well for two of our 100+ years because we had two top-flight future international pro-ballers (Sorrentine and Coppenrath), while Siena...man, they had there first real cyclical down years in nearly two decades. I know, I know, we don't have a 16,000 seat ARENA, but our 3200 seat GYMNASIUM is just so quaint, like our lil' ole' campus. I know, I know, I have never coached as a head coach at a DI school, but I mean really, what has Fran done...oh yeah, he turned it around at a UNC school....in a tough market. Wait a sec kid, hey, Tommy B, can you come in here and snake charm these two....I know they want to say they talked to a ESPN reporter....I need some help." -Hypothetical Coach Lonergan selling point....after a whole 1 month and a half advantage of recruitng before Fran had his shot.

Maybe it was about something else...who knows, but these kids chose UVM over Siena for a reason, but I would bet it was not because Fran was disadvantaged.

You guys crack us up over at BPG. It is ok to say: Hey, we lost a kid....let's getthem next time.

"Hiring a Duke assistant is a ridiculous idea." -Soup

Dane 96,

Tony is indeed comical.

He trashes our past, our current status, and our future recruits

When he gets beat by current facts to the contrary, all of a sudden he then berates our objections and wants to be friends.

Fortunately, some of the Siena fans are not quite as partisan as he.

You guys are a riot, you give a bunch of opinions.. Not facts and claim them to be facts, when I disagree with your opinions you post ad nauseam. repeating the same lame opinions over and over. My post had nothing to do being beaten ( wishful thinking on your part) with your lame posts, more or less didn’t want to get into a endless pissing match with you Albany guys. Dane 96 is a known trouble maker both on the Siena board and the sMAAC board. His one purpose to post on the Siena board is to start trouble

You guys are a riot, you give a bunch of opinions.. Not facts and claim them to be facts, when I disagree with your opinions you post ad nauseam.  repeating the same lame opinions over and over. My post had nothing to do being beaten ( wishful thinking on your part)  with  your lame posts, more or less didn’t want to get into a endless pissing match with you Albany guys.  Dane 96 is a known trouble maker  both on the Siena board and the sMAAC board.  His one purpose to post on the Siena board is to start trouble

9982[/snapback]

Ummm...I dont remember posting on the Smaac board. If I did, maybe it was once or twice. Tony, I would watch what I say if I were you. I can clearly say it here: Dont mess with me unless you speak the truth. You never, ever do.

I guess stating fact, which is exactly what I have done...is making trouble.

Danepound,

As an alum I am asking you to leave this message up for a bit. Tony, our friend, flat out lied and stated I started trouble on the SMAAC and SIENA board.

Truth be told, I posted on the SMAAC boards a few times, however I have no clue how to even get there, the little I have used that site doesnt lend me to knowing how to instantly find it.

Then, Tony states I lie and make up trouble. Well, for SienaTony, it is apparent that facts equate to making trouble.

Tony then, when I asked for an apology, told me to forget it, you are a troublemaking "wacko." Wacko...I like that term.

So...I ask you to leave this up DP...for the whole world to know we are not in 1937 Nazi Germany...and thoughts are allowed.

EARTH TO TONY----STATING FACTS.....that is not the equivalent of causing trouble. It is called SEEING BOTH SIDES.

Patch....you get your wish.

Edited by Dane96

Tony, without a doubt you are allowed your opinion but when it comes to facts you come up short, and you only print half truths.

ie - Franklin is a great get for Siena and yes he was chosen the 3rd most improved in the Philly area,.......

but he's listed as a power forward and shows up no where else in the categories such as rebounding and shot blocking as did Yocum and he wasn't rated in defending or scoring. What's his strength and why is he rated so high?

Franklin is a great physical specimen who has very limited shooting ability. Physically and toughness wise he seems very cpmparable to our Levi Levine which in my book makes him a very good get.

As for the rankings you refer to often they come from services that go to all the national AAU tournaments and see players enmasse. They rarely view players out of those settings so players who are not there have poor or no rankings. Gifford isn't ranked at all and excellent mid majors like UW-Milwaukee and Utah State both offered as did about 7 other DIs.

Coaches evaluate talent and the needs of their team and then recruit, look at your so trusted rankings and see some very lowly rated players recruited by major programs.

By the way go back to your Poopscoop and see how they rated the same player 305 and 724. That says alot about the ratings.

Dane96 - You're the best

I just knew if you took on Tony in an argument, he would Poo Poo your facts and the staight forward truth and when he couldn't answer you he would slur you or ban you. It's his way or the highway.

Tony likes being right all the time. He'll tell you outright it's HIS site (the Siena site) and he means it. Depart from the party line too much and you're out of there.

I happen to just be a hoop junkie and I want to see both teams do well but of course I am a happy camper if the Danes have the upper hand when they compete with Siena. Especially because I am always reminded of the innate Siena advantages and that's why they are the self proclaimed "Crown Jewel of the MAAC" and public schools like UA could never beat them, outrecruit them or become equal to them, atleast not in a short period of time.

Hey Guys,

I have posted several times over on the Siena board that we (Siena) had better start to respect UA - Patch, Dane96 and soup can vouch for this. When I warned the Siena community last year that UA was going to beat them, I was ridiculed on the board.

When people on the Siena board started saying that the UA game is a "should win" this year, I reminded them that UA is a likely 20-win team this year, while Siena is going to be lucky to win six games, given the mess that Lanier left behind. Again, I was ridiculed.

I applaud the work that Will Brown has done and hope you guys remain competitive. I expect UA to thump Siena this year, so long as your guys don't choke - good luck. In any case, Siena will be on the way up next year (Fran has received verbals from two excellent recruits in Franklin and Ubiles and there are two more in the hopper) and we should look forward to a healthy competitive basketball rivalry for the future.

By the way, Tony knows that UA is good and he respects Brown.

Best wishes for a successful '05-'06 campaign.

Indian91

Hey Guys,

I have posted several times over on the Siena board that we (Siena) had better start to respect UA - Patch, Dane96 and soup can vouch for this.  When I warned the Siena community last year that UA was going to beat them, I was ridiculed on the board.

When people on the Siena board started saying that the UA game is a "should win" this year, I reminded them that UA is a likely 20-win team this year, while Siena is going to be lucky to win six games, given the mess that Lanier left behind.  Again, I was ridiculed. 

I applaud the work that Will Brown has done and hope you guys remain competitive.  I expect UA to thump Siena this year, so long as your guys don't choke - good luck.  In any case, Siena will be on the way up next year (Fran has received verbals from two excellent recruits in Franklin and Ubiles and there are two more in the hopper) and we should look forward to a healthy competitive basketball rivalry for the future.

By the way, Tony knows that UA is good and he respects Brown. 

Best wishes for a successful '05-'06 campaign.

Indian91

10011[/snapback]

Good luck to you guys as well. Yes, you have put out those warnings. Bottom line...no reason that UA and Siena can't be two top mid-majors. It would be unbelievable for the community. Living in Boston, the two schools here (BU and NU) could only hope to have the potential fan base we do have in the Capital District.

In my opinion, Siena-UA games will be sellouts in years to come.......with SRO.

Thanks 91. I also hope Siena gets back on track. I always want UA to beat Siena, but I really look forward to the year that we both go to the NCAA's. I can't say enough about the accomplishments of coach Brown. This rise up from the ashes left by Beeten is tremendous. I'm sure McCaffery can do the same at Siena. I suppose after we have some of the same success that Siena has enjoyed in the past, that our posters will be just as unrealistic as some of the Siena posters are.

Indian91,

Ditto the last few comments. I have noted the caution you display in your posts on the Siena forum.

Some of your posters are still very unrealistic. I suppose some of it goes back to your strong tradition. Some of it is just wishful thinking.

I, however, will always be impressed with the positive attitude of many of your posters after we won The Game last year. UAlbany needed to win one against you just to make you respect us, and many of your posters were very gracious toward us after our victory. That's mutual respect.

You will be back - maybe not this year, but not too long in the future. Best of luck.

Indian91

The Albany posters I know respect posters like you and I think we all want to solid DI teams in the region. Of course those who are Dane Fans want the Danes to dominate the series and the opposite is true on the Siena site.

What is most revolting to me is the arrogant attitude of some of the Siena people - who actually don't think their crap stinks.

With all the supposed innate benefits Siena has they shouldn't be in the spot they're in now and it's easy to blame Lanier but in my opinion some others deserved to take the heat also.

Let's hope a true back and forth rivalry develops and the home team sells out their facility every year (hint, hint).