UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WE GOT A TV GAME!!!!! AHHHH

CONGRATS on the TV game, from a Siena fan :)

Just another rung on the ladder eclipsed on the way to establishing your program.

I've been following Siena games since early on in the Mike Deane era - and Deane took a couple of very good Siena teams down to VCU and got absolutely destroyed. They are a tough out on their home floor.

A real nice opportunity for you guys - I hope Jamar brings his "A" game and gets UA a nice win. A win down there should lock up an NIT game for you guys, if you need it. Best of luck.

Word is Siena will be at Hofstra. Hofstra has a fantastic backcourt - Antoine Agudio who is a sophomore and Loren Stokes who is a junior. Hofstra should be dynamite next year, probably the top team in the CAA next year, and will give Siena a real attractive home game in 06-07.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did make it Albany-Richmond in about 7 1/2 hrs. last November, but it was on a Sunday morning. Could be faster if you have better kidneys, no dog, and breakfast on the run.

Rte. 17 to bypass the Garden State to I-95, Balt-Wash. Parkway and Rt. 295 to cut across the beltway. Not recommended if it's too late to beat the traffic.

Rte. 17 to bypass the Garden State to I-95, Balt-Wash. Parkway and Rt. 295 to cut across the beltway. Not recommended if it's too late to beat the traffic.

11474[/snapback]

UAalum72,

How do you cut the cord across the beltway with I-295? I know regular 295 runs parallel with I-95 out of Baltimore, but when it becomes the Beltway, do you continue on 295 through DC? If so, what do you do then? I have tried that route, but it is difficult to pick up I-395. Then I-395 merges with I-95 at the end of the Beltway after you have entered Virginia. Just curious.

I hope we get one of the Friday night games, so we can better prepare to play Vermont the following Monday, which, IMO, is a much more important game.

11454[/snapback]

I agree with 100%. It certainly will be hard to refocus on a conference opponent especially considering this game will probably be hyped out the wazoo.

The saving grace could be that Vermont is also a road team in the bracket buster. They'll likely travel just as far and then have to make the trip to Albany on Monday also. I'm hoping the Catamounts get a midnight game on Saturday, at Hawaii.

That said this could be a great chance for exposure and a fun chance to see the Danes on ESPN if it happens. Pretty good home game next year also which probably irritates the VCU fans. I think ESPN isn't going to pick which team plays on which network until Feb. 7. Hopefully we can grab some wins over that time and bump up the RPI enough to get to one of the main ESPN or ESPN2.

Any chance that Time Warner will bump the game to another station if it is on ESPNU or 360? They did that for the UA football game in Montana. It was on PAX and not part of the package, but they put it on their own channel. DePasquale should be getting on that ASAP as well as putting a TV commercial together for the capital region. If people around here see the game, especially on ESPN, attendance could skyrocket.

so it's the 7th. Anyone know which channel the game is going to be on? I read the game is scheduled for 2/18 at 1:00PM but it didn't say anything about which ESPN network it's going to be on.

11673[/snapback]

Game will be on Feb. 17th at 7pm on ESPNU per the AE site. Wish it was a Saturday game but at least we didn't get one of the ESPN360 slots.

Also gives the Danes an extra day (compared to a Sat. game) to prepare for the big UVM game at the RACC on the following Monday.

I was thinking of getting a group together to watch it on Direct TV.  Time Warner does not carry ESPNU.  Are there any people interested.  Does the campus have direct TV?  If they did maybe we could all meet on campus to watch it?

11677[/snapback]

AFAIK the campus does not have DirecTV; cable service to the facility is from Time Warner.

I think The ARC in Watevliet might have DTV