UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Great Danes will defeat UCONN

MCFan,

No offense taken.

Thanks for the info on your team. It really depends on what Uconn team shows up that day. If the team that beat Nova the second time around and moped the floor with Cuse 2X shows up it will be a tough day for your guys. But as a fan of this team I have seen a real tendency to play to their competition way too much. Do we have the talent to win the whole damn thing? I think so, but I question the mental side of it. Hopefully the early round exit to a big time rival in our conf tourny will wake these boys up.

MCFan,

No offense taken.

Thanks for the info on your team. It really depends on what Uconn team shows up that day. If the team that beat Nova the second time around and moped the floor with Cuse 2X shows up it will be a tough day for your guys. But as a fan of this team I have seen a real tendency to play to their competition way too much. Do we have the talent to win the whole damn thing? I think so, but I question the mental side of it. Hopefully the early round exit to a big time rival in our conf tourny will wake these boys up.

12982[/snapback]

A few holdovers from the team I watched allow UVM to hang around two years ago in Buffalo for the first half. (Before anyone gets upset, I'm not comparing us to UVM, although we gave that team a good run at home last year).

Unfortunate story, was rolling full soda cans down the hall at my hotel around 3:00AM (no games the next day) just because it looked like a bowling alley. Next day heading down for lunch here comes Coach Calhoun. He was in the room next door. No words so we either didn't bother him or he didn't care. And honestly, if I knew he was there I wouldn't have done it.

Good story! He is not the prick people make him out to be, only if you are a player who screws up or an uninformed journalist with your own personal agenda.

12989[/snapback]

Wouldn't pretend to know him, but he seemed approachable. Was working out in the morning, in the lobby and generally visible at the hotel for the 3-days.

[i agree the matchup in the paint will be tough on Albany. Since it is our first year we draw the 16 seed. Next year we will get at least a 15 and beat teams such as Tennessee.

I will be pulling for Albany on every basket and hoping for a great game.

Uconn fan ....you are a little sensitive on the laptop issue. Relax as almost every major D 1 school has problems. Albany doesn't have them but they may someday as they continue to improve and bring in talented and headcase players like those in big time programs.

As much as I love our Great Danes, asking for a win against Uconn is asking way too much. The only way we win is if the entire Uconn team comes down with food poisoning before the game and has to forfeit. That doesn't mean we can't play a competitive first half. If you remember, we were down only by 6 to Florida at the half and down by 5 to UCLA at the half. Anything under 10 at halftime would be fantastic but after Calhoun yells at his team at halftime, they will be out for blood in second half. I will be estatic if we lose this game by less than 20 points. We would show the country that we were competitive and a solid mid-major team. Any thougths?