UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Attandance

Hey Bob are you that dumb or are you just pretending to be that stupid?

1)Well Bob you do know that Siena has the 4500 seat ARC , but is too small to accommodate Siena’s fan.  As for the Pepsi, Siena negotiated a contract that makes Siena the primary college basketball tenant.  .. Read the press release yourself genius.   Albany will not host Siena at the pepsi under the terms of that contract..

2)Siena will never be the visitors at the Pepsi, what part of that don’t you understand? Bob how many different ways can I say that?  if Albany walks away no big whoop. We will play someone else

3)Siena’s average attendance is normally double that of Albany and good chance it’s triple that of Albany this year (not sure what your point is Bob other than to make stupid comments)

4)I’m very aware of what Albany has coming in recruit wise.  I’ll go slow for you Bob since you apparently are not very bright. Siena beat Albany last year, Albany  will not be as good next season,  at best will be the same. Siena will be vastly improved,  more than likely a top 100 team,  I don’t believe in its history as a d1 program that Albany has EVER even beaten a team in the top 150, let alone a top 100 team,  let me repeat that, Albany had no wins last year against teams in the top half of Division 1 , your best win was over a team ranked 187, in fact you’re only win over a top 200 opponent.   Siena will be favored in the contest and should win the game .. so you talk smack all you want Bob

14101[/snapback]

14118[/snapback]

Tony, I fully understand what you are saying. I don't agree with it.

1) Yes I know you have the ARC. My point is real colleges can build a new on campus arena when the out grow their old one.

2) "Siena will never be the visitors at the Pepsi" Other people have already pointed out that that is incorrect.

3) You are comparing a 30 year established program to one in its 7th year that went to the NCAA for the first time. Yet you think Siena is going to get the attendence bump next year. Obvoisly you are not that bright. Siena will get some increase because they had a better year than the prevoius year, but not like if they actually went to the NCAA. But if Albany gets even a little bump to 3,000 Siena will be lucky to double Albany attendence even with our fans counted in your attendance. Sorry if you are too slow to understand the point. It is when is the last time you filled your arena. Answer against Syracuse who brought more fans to the game than Siena. Therefore your school has more incentive to treat visiting teams better. You treat a visiting team right, you get many more fans. If you get a team like Syracuse or Albany you sell a lot more tickets than you normally would. Which part of that don't YOU understand. Now I never was talking about changing the current contract. I just was talking about in the future we OUGHT to get a better contract. A Home game in The RAAC Or a Bowl like neutral game in the To be renamed arena. Your school wants to drop Albany beacuse you don't want to be embarrassed like 2 years ago, that is fine with me. I'll take an extra home game or a trip to UCLA, Notre Dame among others over a trip to the Knick any day and you can enjoy spreading out among an extra 3,000 or 4,000 empty seats.

4) Siena beat Albany in OT so it is not like they dominated. We will see what happens this year, but I expect a competitive game that could go either way. Obviously early season games are tough on everyone getting players used to new roles, teammates etc. Our team did not handle the beginning of the schedule well last season. It was their first time in the history of the program out of the underdog role and I never take away form you the fact that you won THAT game. It is how that translates to other years that I disagree with you. Albany started handling the favorite role quite well later in the season. With 7 of the top 10 players back plus the new recruits I like our chances.

Edited by bob87

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're asking for a home game in Siena's facility.  

14116[/snapback]

Come to the RACC.

14117[/snapback]

OK - and we'd get seats in your season ticket section? No, why not? Because it is silly to ask that of the home team!

There's nothing in it for Siena to play at the RACC. Why would we do that? If roles were reversed would you advocate the UA do that? Nope. We wouldn't suggest the game be played at the ARC either. What's so hard about this logic?

14119[/snapback]

You would have your home game one year and Albany would have theirs the next. Like a normal deal between two mid-majors.

Are you trying to imply that the Aints would never play any away OOC game in a facility with less capacity than the cavernous Coca Cola? You must have had a hissy fit when your Aints went up to UVM this season or even when you went out to Amherst to play UMass. Have you contacted your AD about these horrible deals yet?

I always have a hearty laugh when Tony says stupid things like we will make you our b*#ches or we’ll crush you etc.  I just think that if UA by some chance beats Siena, Tony should be put on a suicide watch. 

Tony you realize that you should keep your “penis” in your pants because if you lose at this point no-one will let you live it down.  You’ll be eating crow for a year with every conversation.  You are the most arrogant SOB I’ve ever seen and by leaps and bounce surpass every other ‘aints fan I know.

14125[/snapback]

Does SienaT qualify as part of the "evil empire"?

You're asking for a home game in Siena's facility.  

14116[/snapback]

Come to the RACC.

14117[/snapback]

Are you trying to imply that the Aints would never play any away OOC game in a facility with less capacity than the cavernous Coca Cola? You must have had a hissy fit when your Aints went up to UVM this season or even when you went out to Amherst to play UMass. Have you contacted your AD about these horrible deals yet?

14124[/snapback]

Nope. Most MAAC teams play in crappy gyms. No harm in that. But we're not playing out of the area. You guys are missing the obvious pollitical problems our AD would have to deal with. Again, would you guys do it if you were in Siena's position? I think not, so why should we?

As far as being visitors on our own court, I think it should be clarified that Tony's comment is for a regular season game. MAAC tourney is not considered regular season.

Stop trying to defend Tony as you are only setting yourself up for disappointment when he once again makes an a$$ out of himself.

14135[/snapback]

I don't need anyone to defend me daneboy.. You Albany guys get all uptight over some basketball posts. Guess you're just a tad insecure. Funny how you all resort to name calling once you are beaten

Nope.  Most MAAC teams play in crappy gyms.  No harm in that. 

14133[/snapback]

Re-read...OOC, not the MAAC games. Conference games are obviously played home and away (except for the bloated conferences obviously) and there's not anything that any of us can do about that. I'm talking about deals for OOC games..like UVM where two years ago they played at the Coca Cola and then last year when you went up to their 3,000+ (gasp!) gym and played the other half of the OCC deal.

It doesn't matter if you're playing 5,000 miles away against the Rainbows at the University of Hawaii, traveling into the City of Albany to play the Albany Great Danes, or going across the street from Loudonville HS against the Rec Team of Colonie Town Hall...it makes no sense to have two teams on the same level (mid-major) not have a deal that's on the same level.

Stop trying to defend Tony as you are only setting yourself up for disappointment when he once again makes an a$$ out of himself.

14135[/snapback]

I don't need anyone to defend me daneboy.. You Albany guys get all uptight over some basketball posts. Guess you're just a tad insecure. Funny how you all resort to name calling once you are beaten

14136[/snapback]

First of all that is dane GUY to you...not quite sure how UA fans complaining that we are now a better team then we were a few years ago and therefore deserve a better contract with other mid-majors is insecurity? And don't mistake what I said as name calling, it was simply a description of your broken record posting....to sum up all your posts related to UA in the last few weeks I have...

1 - But you still lost the game to UConn

2 - A loss is a loss

3 - You lose Zollner and Jordan so we will win by 10

4 - Siena is God

Ok well i made the last one up but i think everyone gets my point....nothing but a waste of time to read your posts because I already know how they are going to unfold. If someone questions your post you simply reply with one of the 4 comments mentioned above.

Get some new material or at least some new arguments then maybe you wont look so foolish....and take heed of a warning from an earlier poster, a pompus poster will never live it down once the score is settled on the court, so be careful what you say or it may be you instead of Haddix that want's to eat all those cheeseburgers because it will taste better then the lifetime of crow you may be chowing on!!!

And Tony, Have a nice day!!! :D

. . . You guys are missing the obvious pollitical problems our AD would have to deal with.  Again, would you guys do it if you were in Siena's position?  I think not, so why should we?

As far as being visitors on our own court, I think it should be clarified that Tony's comment is for a regular season game.  MAAC tourney is not considered regular season.

It is your court only FOR THAT DAY. (You might have rights to exclude another area basketball team from playing at the arena before and after your event, but it still gives options to other teams which you are not allowing.) Siena does not OWN the court for the whole year or the whole season. Other events take place at the arena between your games all the time from mid-November through February.

I don't understand your statement that your AD would have political problems if UAlbany were to schedule a game or two at the arena every season. And I doubt whether he would put himself in the position you describe.

I think you all should read the current contract that Siena has with the Pepsi before you make definitve comments on UAlbany's rights. Since I haven't seen any statements from you enclosed in quotations about this matter, I won't take your word for it.

14135[/snapback]

14136[/snapback]

Tony,

You are one to call the kettle black.

Yours truly,

BoysIdid

What a phony!

Edited by bosiydid

14135[/snapback]

14136[/snapback]

First of all that is dane GUY to you...not quite sure how UA fans complaining that we are now a better team then we were a few years ago and therefore deserve a better contract with other mid-majors is insecurity? And don't mistake what I said as name calling, it was simply a description of your broken record posting....to sum up all your posts related to UA in the last few weeks I have...

Whatever I prefer daneboy, seems to fit your posting style better.. but Ok dane guy

1 - But you still lost the game to UConn – yes, a nice accomplishment getting to the game thou

2 - A loss is a loss - yes Siena beat you

3 - You lose Zollner and Jordan so we will win by 10- don't forget Levine. I said Siena will be favored by 7 to 10 anything can happen in a rivalry game. Siena will indeed be favored in the game, so what is your point?

4 - Siena is God - never said Siena was God, Siena is what it is, usually a pretty good mid major ( except for the majority of the Lanier years)

Ok well I made the last one up but i think everyone gets my point....nothing but a waste of time to read your posts because I already know how they are going to unfold. If someone questions your post you simply reply with one of the 4 comments mentioned above.

Don't read my posts then, talk about broken records,

Guys……watch how Tony start covering his A$$ by saying things like “anything can happen” BWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAH dude’s I could have called it 3 pages ago.

Tony, as soon as you are pressed on your “we are gona make you our #####’s” you start to give yourself an out. In the immortal style of the smack board, you just got called out. Must feel like home huh?

Edited by bosiydid

Guys……watch how Tony start covering his A$$ by saying things like “anything can happen”  BWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAH dude’s I could have called it 3 pages ago. 

Tony, as soon as you are pressed on your “we are gona make you our #####’s” you start to give yourself an out.  In the immortal style of the smack board, you just got called out.  Must feel like home huh?

14142[/snapback]

Are you on drugs or something boysidid? No guarantee’s in life boys.. So of course anything can happen, Siena will be favored in the game and I expect Siena to win the game. No suicide watch if they should lose. I'll be disappointed nothing more than that.

Hope that helps boyIdid

and O yea happy easter to all my Dane friends..I'm outta here

Edited by SienaTony

Guys……watch how Tony start covering his A$$ by saying things like “anything can happen” BWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAH dude’s I could have called it 3 pages ago.

Tony, as soon as you are pressed on your “we are gona make you our #####’s” you start to give yourself an out. In the immortal style of the smack board, you just got called out. Must feel like home huh?

14142[/snapback]

Are you on drugs or something boysidid? No guarantee’s in life boys.. So of course anything can happen, Siena will be favored in the game and I expect Siena to win the game. No suicide watch if they should lose. I'll be disappointed nothing more than that.

Hope that helps boyIdid

and O yea happy easter to all my Dane friends..I'm outta here

14143[/snapback]

Interesting how you’ve managed to construct a situation for yourself where no matter what happens you win. What do you think we are around here??????Siena grads, this play on words might fly on the Siena board but we are smarter then that. At least have some spine and stand behind what you said.

“Funny how you all resort to name calling once you are beaten” – SienaTony……do I need to point out the irony here????? Man you continue to surprise me….what a phony!

Edited by bosiydid