UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Baseketball team photo

A new member, in fact a member for a couple of days and already "stirring the pot" , interesting.

14402[/snapback]

Hadn't paid much attention to anything Albany - had irons in other fires - but my interest got piqued...thought it was worth paying some, attention, that is. My alumni money donations went to the athletic dept...until the swim team was abolished. Found the site when I went searching to find out if anything had been done about it...didn't know you existed. I did post somewhere else as well. Sorry if I have offended anyone...but this mattered to me...my alma mater finally making the big time...but acting small time.

14406[/snapback]

I think that some of us are making to much of this incident. No question the gesture was inappropriate, but after all these young men are exactly that YOUNG. Hopefully coach Brown will catch wind of this photo if he hasn’t already, and take some disciplinary action. After all let’s put basketball in its proper context, it’s just a game. Coach Brown is not only here to coach basketball but also to educate and mentor these young men. From what I know about coach he appears to be a standup guy and I’m sure he will at least have a word with the offending parties. I also agree with Patch, I do not see this as a trend; it appears to me that this was an isolated incident since I can’t recall anything similar in my short time following the program. Boys will be boys and coach should be coach and correct the behavior, after all isn’t that what a coach is supposed to do?

First off----

DON'T YOU EVER DARE COME OVER TO THIS BOARD AND COMPARE THIS TEAM TO THE DUKE LACROSSE TEAM! SAVE THAT *siena* FOR THE LOUDENVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE SMACK BOARD!!!!

-Enough said on that issue.

As far as the picture is concerned, this was NOT the official team photo; else the NCAA or the AP would have to get the photo credit. Since the photo credit is to Bob Ewell (whom does much of the photo for athletics) I am going to go out on a limb here and say this was more of a candid shot.

I thumbed through the magazine the other day and did not even notice the hand symbol. It was not until I saw the posting here that I looked at it hard enough to see that young adult smile of JW.

I must say that I found it funny (I'm twisted like that) but I do understand why people would find it offensive. That said and now having spent a few minutes talking to each of these young men on Thursday night I can see how they were just a bunch of college guys fooling around having a good time. I think that some of the burden lies with the advancement office; they could have done a better job selecting a photo.

To Megowen70, if I were in your ever so insulted shoes keep your freaking check, I'll just double mine next year. I can't stand people who piss and moan and make threats about not sending their 100 dollar check. Keep your money and buy a sense of humor with it!

As for me, I’m going to be bringing my own version of the shocker to home games from now on. See it here: http://www.bigshocker.com/order.htm

My flack jacket is on and buttoned up so fire away boys!

siena still and always will suck

First off----

DON'T YOU EVER DARE COME OVER TO THIS BOARD AND COMPARE THIS TEAM TO THE DUKE LACROSSE TEAM!  SAVE THAT *siena* FOR THE LOUDENVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE SMACK BOARD!!!!

As far as the picture is concerned, this was NOT the official team photo; else the NCAA or the AP would have to get the photo credit.  Since the photo credit is to Bob Ewell (whom does much of the photo for athletics) I am going to go out on a limb here and say this was more of a candid shot.

I thumbed through the magazine the other day and did not even notice the hand symbol.  It was not until I saw the posting here that I looked at it hard enough to see that young adult smile of JW.

I must say that I found it funny (I'm twisted like that) but I do understand why people would find it offensive.  That said and now having spent a few minutes talking to each of these young men on Thursday night I can see how they were just a bunch of college guys fooling around having a good time.  I think that some of the burden lies with the advancement office; they could have done a better job selecting a photo. 

To Megowen70, if I were in your ever so insulted shoes keep your freaking check, I'll just double mine next year.  I can't stand people who piss and moan and make threats about not sending their 100 dollar check.  Keep your money and buy a sense of humor with it!

As for me, I’m going to be bringing my own version of the shocker to home games from now on.  See it here: http://www.bigshocker.com/order.htm

14410[/snapback]

Wow dude, you are wound tight!!! :D

First off----

DON'T YOU EVER DARE COME OVER TO THIS BOARD AND COMPARE THIS TEAM TO THE DUKE LACROSSE TEAM!  SAVE THAT *siena* FOR THE LOUDENVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE SMACK BOARD!!!!

As far as the picture is concerned, this was NOT the official team photo; else the NCAA or the AP would have to get the photo credit.  Since the photo credit is to Bob Ewell (whom does much of the photo for athletics) I am going to go out on a limb here and say this was more of a candid shot.

I thumbed through the magazine the other day and did not even notice the hand symbol.  It was not until I saw the posting here that I looked at it hard enough to see that young adult smile of JW.

I must say that I found it funny (I'm twisted like that) but I do understand why people would find it offensive.  That said and now having spent a few minutes talking to each of these young men on Thursday night I can see how they were just a bunch of college guys fooling around having a good time.  I think that some of the burden lies with the advancement office; they could have done a better job selecting a photo. 

To Megowen70, if I were in your ever so insulted shoes keep your freaking check, I'll just double mine next year.  I can't stand people who piss and moan and make threats about not sending their 100 dollar check.  Keep your money and buy a sense of humor with it!

As for me, I’m going to be bringing my own version of the shocker to home games from now on.  See it here: http://www.bigshocker.com/order.htm

14410[/snapback]

Wow dude, you are wound tight!!! :D

14412[/snapback]

No surprises there Boisy! Everyone here knows my elevator does not make the top three floors.

J97-- Personally, I thought the same thing about the U. letting the picture get out-- clearly an oversight and someone should have noticed something was up. Doesn't make it better.

To continue on the Duke theme for a minute, no one on this team passed out drunk in a rival's frat house, lol. Talk about big-time. Take a look around the NCAA for just a second. Personally, it makes me ask myself, what are we really talking about here?

MO70-- sorry you're offended. However, this photo does not singlehandedly determine if a program or if their student athletes are primetime material. Everyone here follows the team closely, and we all know these are great kids who do an excellent job representing the university. I base that opinion on having had the opportunity to talk to most of the kids on this team, not on a single photograph.

As a fellow alum., I hope you are able to follow the team and learn this firsthand.

Wanted to post something to help delay the inevitability that is my last paper in grad school-- at least for this degree!

Didn't compare the situation, team or boys to Duke...just the thought process that excuses misbehavior...which then has a tendency to grow.

Knowing what I know about athletes, in higher level programs than this one...these boys have been drunk a few times as well...in places they shouldn't have been.

Oh well, I think we've misunderstood each other in circles long enough. See you when the season starts.

Didn't compare the situation, team or boys to Duke...just the thought process that excuses misbehavior...which then has a tendency to grow.

Knowing what I know about athletes, in higher level programs than this one...these boys have been drunk a few times as well...in places they shouldn't have been.

Oh well, I think we've misunderstood each other in circles long enough. See you when the season starts.

14420[/snapback]

Translated...I didn't compare the team to Duke, but I am.

Seriously, what was/is the purpose of your posts on this topic? Sounds like your posts are just trying to start trouble where it's not. We here use this board for productive discussions..feel free to join us on it at any point..

Haha, I've got a 10 page final paper that I'm working on that you can help me out with..with all the free time you have on your hands to worry about something that you admitted you had no idea what it was in the first place. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the topic of the paper..

14408[/snapback]

:blink: The last time I wrote one was on a typewriter (yeah, also had a record player!) and it wasn't even electric!!! Not sure I remember how...might be a liability to your grade! ;)