UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Here's the truth as spoken by Siena Tony

SienaGlen,

I think it interesting and good for the rivalry that there should be some back and forth banter between the UA faithful and those from Siena but it's shouldn't and won't be a one way street.

14520[/snapback]

And everyone on this board would be lying to themselves if they didn't enjoy a little bit of the bickering. I know personally it gives me something to break up the regular routines I go through. There are sometimes that I wish Sienna T and the whole Siena crowd would disappear but as they will learn on the Siena board now that Soup is gone, life without conflict is not life it is just boring!!

So in a way, thanks to the Siena fans for keeping things interesting!!

14523[/snapback]

I think that if you were to check the Siena board you would find that there is far less disparaging comments about Albany over there than there is about Siena on this board. A prime example exists in this thread and in the MAAC tourney thread, such as "loundonville community College" or "Sienna" or sarcastically referring to the "gala event". Personally it's hard to take posters seriously when that happens. Enjoy your offseason, and see you at the "Challenge".

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorvy,

I agree with you that recently this board has been somewhat more active when it comes to hating on the cross town rival. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before things get a little heated over there. I find it to be cyclical. You post make it seem like there is nothing ever nasty said about UA on your board. As Tony put it there is still allot of time to s#%t on UA before you trash us.

Gorvy, I understand where you're coming from but most of what is posted on this board is in reaction to what some Siena fans posted.

Do you think we usually just pick stuff out of the air and then attack our neighbors for no reason.

My feelings/statements regarding Siena must be taken with a grain of salt. I have read on different occasions that UA will never be able to compete with Siena for recruits, UA will never be able to compete with Siena on the court, that Siena is the "Crown Jewel of the MAAC" and that UA cannot match Siena's glorious Hoop achievements of the past. Well we've only been DI a short time and we're progressing nicely.

As a UA fan I've been labeled unsophisticated and clueless. As a UA fan I read condescending and arrogant remarks continually from Siena people.

For all this I should think/post nicely about Siena.

Over here Dane Pound runs a nice open board and I believe you and other Siena fans are welcome to state your opinions and post. On your side you have a site that speaks trash and then deletes UA responses or bans UA posters.

If you don't like what is posted on this site you have every right to post a response or just don't visit our site. This is a UA "ALL SPORTS" site primarily for UA fans but I guess everyone is welcome.

Good Luck with your MAAC/Siena exempt Tournament (?)!

Don't forget snide references to the 'concrete campus', 'eagle's and others' rants against public higher education, and contradictory comments that Albany will never amount to much because of bureaucracy and state restrictions, while at the same time public universities have vast, more easily obtained resources compared to the poor, struggling private schools.

Gorvy,

I happen to agree with much of your post. However, i hope you are not so prejudiced as not to see the stuff that goes on on your board as well. Our university is often referred to as ussmallbany or the concrete jungle. Your poster, Saintly refered to us as Communists, and your moderator, Tony, when he gets caught in a fib usually resorts to calling us girls and ladies. Honestly, none of the above bothers me, and i usually find it funny.

However, when a poster on your board, misspractice, made an anti-Jewish crack, i was disturbed that neither Tony nor the Voice (who certainly know how to use the delete function) thought it inappropriate enough to delete.

I think that if you were to check the Siena board you would find that there is far less disparaging comments about Albany over there than there is about Siena on this board. A prime example exists in this thread and in the MAAC tourney thread, such as "loundonville community College" or "Sienna" or sarcastically referring to the "gala event". Personally it's hard to take posters seriously when that happens. Enjoy your offseason, and see you at the "Challenge".

14537[/snapback]

Gorvy, you are entitled to your opinion. However, FYI, Penn State 2006 Baseball yearbook reports a 1-0 all-time series record vs Sienna on page 90. I take Penn State a lot more seriously than Siena. When I went to a Siena baseball game earlier this season they didn't even have rosters available for the fans.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Dane96 just got axed by Tony…..Sorry Dane! Join the club. I only hope there are some on his board that have the brains to see how full of $iena he is. You only have to look at my prior e-mail exchange with him to see that this guy needs some serious help. If you point out the truth (for instance that Yocum is 6’8”/6’9” and not 6’6”) Tony just ignores the facts, and continues to barrel on with the initial lie come hell or high water. There has to be someone on that board that thinks the guy is a total tool….right? I mean they can’t all be that stupid over there….can they?