UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Enjoying the 144

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now I believe we won't be on the list, but........

if we get good play out of the 5 spot we could surprise alot of people and still improve our RPI.

15478[/snapback]

Well, at this point the list is flawed.

Either we are ranked below Siena at 129 which I find hard to believe or we are ranked ahead of an ACC team Miami,2 Big east teams(Seton Hall and Providence) and an SEC team(Auburn).I expect UA to be good but I don't know if we are that good to be ranked ahead of some teams in the major conferences.

Well maybe those teams are expected to be relatively down.

If UA's still on the list, we're ranked ahead of two teams that made the Tourney last year (SetonHall & Oral Roberts).

That pretty much speaks for itself.

I think the thing that separates us from most - if not all - of the teams listed so far is the fact that we're returning almost all of our good players from last year.

With Miami losing Gulliermo Diaz and Seton Hall losing, well, pretty much everyone, I can completely see why you'd rank Albany over them.

It's also pretty cool to be ranked ahead of Providence and Wake Forest (Despite Wake's recent general crapiness)

Edited by ASP Guy

If UA's still on the list, we're ranked ahead of two teams that made the Tourney last year (SetonHall & Oral Roberts).

That pretty much speaks for itself.

I think the thing that separates us from most - if not all - of the teams listed so far is the fact that we're  returning almost all of our good players from last year.

With Miami losing Gulliermo Diaz and Seton Hall losing, well, pretty much everyone, I can completely see why you'd rank Albany over them.

It's also pretty cool to be ranked ahead of Providence and Wake Forest (Despite Wake's recent general crapiness)

15482[/snapback]

I second these thoughts. Miami also lost Hite. Miami could finish dead last in the ACC this year.

There is no way that Albany got overlooked for this list after last year and with most of the team returning. I bet they are getting TOO much credit for the UConn game.

I say they will be around 92-95. Which may be high, but not too high.

There is no way that Albany got overlooked for this list after last year and with most of the team returning. I bet they are getting TOO much credit for the UConn game. - twballgame9

bingo ... the magic number will be 88 ... a little "too much credit for the UCONN game" could well explain an overly generous forecast

Am I( missing something...I dont see us listed...just Kent St. at 102.

15559[/snapback]

Correct - when we finished last year at 119 and Siena was listed at 129 most figured we'd be on the list, and we've been having fun checking the teams we'll be ahead of when (if) we ever show up - although it's getting antsy.

Am I( missing something...I dont see us listed...just Kent St. at 102.

15559[/snapback]

Correct - when we finished last year at 119 and Siena was listed at 129 most figured we'd be on the list, and we've been having fun checking the teams we'll be ahead of when (if) we ever show up - although it's getting antsy.

15561[/snapback]

We will be on the list. I am confident that they will overrate us after the UConn game and with Jamar coming back.