UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Courtside and Chairbacks sold out

. . . Do you know if TW3 will be airing any games?

16328[/snapback]

I did not really catch the name of the network that was mentioned. It was not any of the big name networks, I think. And it wasn't CSTV, either. I believe I heard NETV.

I'm really reluctant to provide even this info. I'm sure we'll hear which network very soon, probably when the whole schedule is announced.

(5) A new company has been hired by UAlbany to operate the athletic website. We've already heard this info. It may take a year or two to set up, but the company will provide "streaming" for people who log on. We will be able to see and hear games in progress. I'm assuming this enhancement relates only to home games.

16323[/snapback]

Olddog, did they say 'create' or 'operate' the website? Because my biggest complaint about the current one is CONTENT. A month into the football season, there's no excuse for still having last year's media guide online. A year after they started playing games on it, there's no excuse not to have pictures of the new field hockey and lacrosse fields on the facilities page. If there's a new web site design with the same attention paid to content, the streaming video will only be shown in archives after the season's over.

(5) A new company has been hired by UAlbany to operate the athletic website. We've already heard this info. It may take a year or two to set up, but the company will provide "streaming" for people who log on. We will be able to see and hear games in progress. I'm assuming this enhancement relates only to home games.

16323[/snapback]

Olddog, did they say 'create' or 'operate' the website? Because my biggest complaint about the current one is CONTENT. A month into the football season, there's no excuse for still having last year's media guide online. A year after they started playing games on it, there's no excuse not to have pictures of the new field hockey and lacrosse fields on the facilities page. If there's a new web site design with the same attention paid to content, the streaming video will only be shown in archives after the season's over.

16339[/snapback]

UAalum72,

I believe I heard "operate," but I could be wrong. Good technical point. (Guess I wouldn't make a great "star" witness in a trial.)

You make excellent points about:

(1) lack of a media guide this far into the season

(2) failure to take advantage of improved facilities to bring into the public eye. Poor tool for recruiting.

I sure hope the streaming isn't an archive. I was disappointed the university could not make available videos of the last 2 men's basketball games vs VT and UConn to the public. I'll bet the university could have sold quite a few copies.

The university has made major strides in the last few years in athletics, but there is still work to be done.

The thing that really annoys me is the merchandise page. It hasn’t been updated in over a year, I know since I’ve been looking to buy some gear and the selection is so limited and stale that I just can’t bring myself to do it. What even more funny is the line “New items are arriving daily” ……sure they are, more like new items arriving each decade. I’m willing to basically spend some money but its all old stale stuff. Pisses me off I tell ya! Just shows that the marketing and PR work needs allot of help. I went and looked at Vermont’s merchandise page and even Siena’s these guys know what they are doing. Especially Siena they have a very nice selection of stuff even for infants. Anyway, I’m done ranting. I hope they move in the right direction with all the off court stuff.

After reading your Road Trip Report to Delaware maybe they should hire you for the website.

16342[/snapback]

Well, I expect to retire in just over two years. Maybe I could part-time it for the athletic dept. After all, I did win some kind of writing contest in the ninth grade. :lol: