UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Scrimage

I’m sorry I missed the scrimmage. It’s great to be talking about play on the court again. With that said here are a few things to ponder. I’m not sure if I agree with my statements below but the questions are worth asking.

From what I heard the gold team was made up of Jamar, Brent, Lillis, Yocum and Knight, coached by Associate Head Coach Eaton. With Ross injured, would this have been Coach Brown’s starting 5 if the season started on today? If you want to argue against this, what was coach’s logic when choosing the teams?

If the above is true is Siggers primed to be our 6-man? He’d be the best #6 in the league and from what I hear he is incredibly unselfish. Sounds like a good fit on a very deep team.

Many on the board think it is written in stone that Lillis is the starting point guard. Why then would he play the wing during the entire scrimmage? Could we see him settle in as a #3?

To support my Lillis at the 3 theory I think coach Brown realizes that if Jamar is going to play pro, he will play pro as a point guard. With this being true coach will play Jamar at point for significant minutes (I can hear Billy Packard during the UCONN games saying “they are a much better team when Wilson has the ball in his hands”).

To support my Lillis at the 3 theory even more here is a list of point guards on this team Jamar, (won ROY as a #1, won POY as a #1-2) Iati (won ROY as a #1), Knight (at the level we want to play he’s a #1 not a #2), Lance James (#1), Bauman (#1), Lillis (#1?)

As for Yocum in the “starting 5” that spot should go to whoever can defend that position the best. Why not Yocum? Especially this early

I don't envy the coaching staff trying to come up with a nine man rotation out of the group. Even with two players out the other day there was quite a bit of talent out there.

I didn't reallly get the impression that the Gold Team was the potential starting five. I've always thought they try to split the talent up somewhat to get a more even game. I think when Lu was here they usually had him and Jamar on different teams.

My take was there were three potential starters on the gold team - Jamar, Brent, Lillis and two potential starters on the purple team - Siggers and Gifford. I had thought Covington might start, and he still might, but after seeing Gifford in person I'm hedging on that.

As for Lillis playing the three he often does that on defense anyway. I thought it was more of a chance to audition James and Knight for the back-up PG spot as they went head-to-head most of the game. I still see Lillis as the starting PG, Jamar can still score, create for others and overall create havoc for the other team from any spot on the floor.