UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Season Tickets

any guesses? ... How many future $2500 donors were unable to make the exhibition against Laval tonight? ... busy time of year for them i guess ... i'm sure their schedule will clear up by march '07 ... i'm all for a points system ...

I think other schools have a point system that includes points for season tickets and longevity of those tickets, as well as donations etc.  - McFan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So according to the TU there are 3000 tickets sold for the Bucknell game, most likely this game will be a sell out, if I was a student who wanted to go to the game, I would get online early.

17269[/snapback]

We need this game...and a win...to get the community....REALLY BEHIND US.

Pre-sales of 3k...pretty solid...hopefully we can get another 1500 walk-up...tall task...not impossible!!!

92, I didn't understand your post. Please elaborate. Thanks.  - alum73

the official attendance for the exhibition game was 345 ... a bit disappointing ... whatever, pre-season ... of the 345, there were probably a number of significant donors (meeting the $2500 threshold for priority to post-season tickets), great ... but i'm willing to bet that if the Danes achieve again this season and advance to the NCAA tournament there will be a number of "fans" from the fence pulling out their checkbook to receive priority, who were not there ... again, welcome aboard to them ... great to have you ... funding drives the program, understood ... but, where were they throughout the year(s)? ... realities, business, i know ... i get a kick out of watching the world series, superbowl, etc. and how the cameras/commentators focus on "so-and-so and her family ... the star of the fox series blah-blah-blah" and i wonder how much these folks really appreciate their presence at a championship game/series, compared with an average fan who has been loyal to a team for a lifetime ... it is just funny to predict that there were a number of individuals in the capital district last evening who did not come out for the exhibition, likely won't come out for many home games, and at the end of the day would receive priority to high demand tickets ... don't peg me as a liberal (very middle of the road politically), but i'd be very much in favor of a well thought out points system for ticket distribution over a simplistic, "priority going to 2006 Athletics donors beginning at the $2500+ level" ... Go Danes

So according to the TU there are 3000 tickets sold for the Bucknell game, most likely this game will be a sell out, if I was a student who wanted to go to the game, I would get online early.

17269[/snapback]

We need this game...and a win...to get the community....REALLY BEHIND US.

Pre-sales of 3k...pretty solid...hopefully we can get another 1500 walk-up...tall task...not impossible!!!

17270[/snapback]

We actually don't really need another 1500 'true' walk-ups as this total doesn't include tickets set aside for students. I heard earlier this week that there were only about 800 tickets left for the game, which would make sense if you figure about 750 or so are reserved for students. And I think the students will be able to come through with that number on Saturday. So in terms of actual purchases, I think we would need 800 sold in the next week plus game time walk-ups..and maybe more than 750 students will even show up?? Can't wait!!

17269[/snapback]

Does anyone know how much effort is being made in the student population to get out a big draw for this game? The end of last year was great, but there is a whole new freshman class, as well as transfers and other people who did not get onboard last year, to attract?

We may as well set the stage for the entire season with this first game. Go, Danes!

My guess is that at summer orientation they might have placed an emphasis on it. I'm not completely sure, but I have a feeling word of mouth should play a part in getting the new people intrested as well as advertising on campus.

17269[/snapback]

Does anyone know how much effort is being made in the student population to get out a big draw for this game? The end of last year was great, but there is a whole new freshman class, as well as transfers and other people who did not get onboard last year, to attract?

We may as well set the stage for the entire season with this first game. Go, Danes!

17280[/snapback]

My guess is that at summer orientation they might have placed an emphasis on it.  I'm not completely sure, but I have a feeling word of mouth should play a part in getting the new people intrested as well as advertising on campus.   

I hope that's the case. Just one serious question, though. Do you really remember much from summer orientation three/four months later?

My guess is that at summer orientation they might have placed an emphasis on it.  I'm not completely sure, but I have a feeling word of mouth should play a part in getting the new people intrested as well as advertising on campus.   

I hope that's the case. Just one serious question, though. Do you really remember much from summer orientation three/four months later?

17282[/snapback]

I remember who I was attracted to...to this DAY!!!

I remember who I was attracted to...to this DAY!!!

17283[/snapback]

Not me. I was a slow learner. :huh:

17284[/snapback]

Hottest girl I ever saw on campus...from 1992-2006...to this day. Too bad she liked my "I am buff" roommate. He peaked however...and looks about 42 now.

:P

Hottest girl I ever saw on campus...from 1992-2006...to this day.  Too bad she liked my "I am buff" roommate.  He peaked however...and looks about 42 now.

17285[/snapback]

Well, I'm well past peak now, but I can confidently attest that my "one and only" is cuter now than the day I married her - how many decades ago?

Hottest girl I ever saw on campus...from 1992-2006...to this day.  Too bad she liked my "I am buff" roommate.  He peaked however...and looks about 42 now.

17285[/snapback]

Well, I'm well past peak now, but I can confidently attest that my "one and only" is cuter now than the day I married her - how many decades ago?

17286[/snapback]

I hope she reads this board...you get brownie points :D