UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RACC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought I could keep it a secret for longer than this. We ponied up for the naming rights and it will now be the Big Purple Fans/SSS Arena.

Seriously I think "First Albany" would be a perfect sponsor and they have tons of money.

17121[/snapback]

I still have not ponied up enough dough to make that happen yet but I love the way you think.

SSS!

More likely "The Richard 'Doc' Sauers Arena at the corporatesponsorRACC"

17132[/snapback]

Actually, if Doc is involved, it will most likley be the court (Coach K Court at Cameron Indoor Arena, etc.).

Any corporate sponsor wants their name SOLO on that building.

[believe me, I am a huge Hall fan...and something should be named for Hall.  Truth be told, it was DOC SAUERS THAT BUILT OUR PROGRAM....not just hoops...but as an ambassador for UALBANY for nearly 50 years now.

It most likely will be a corporate name, however if it were to be named for a person....SAUERS WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE FITTING AND DESERVING.

17128[/snapback]

Dane96,

You're absolutely correct. It should be named after "Doc."

Forty-one years at the helm, with only one losing season while transitioning to Division II, more than merits the honor. As you've also intimated in other posts, he is also a man of solid character. It's hard to believe that he is still coaching at UAlbany.

Is this confirmed or hear-say? How does the reported amount compare, is that average, above average, low?

17139[/snapback]

Well, let's assume this: the football stadium naming rights should command the same, if not double that amount.

I wouldnt be suprised if the stadium progesses much faster now.

Is this confirmed or hear-say? How does the reported amount compare, is that average, above average, low?

17139[/snapback]

Well, let's assume this: the football stadium naming rights should command the same, if not double that amount.

I wouldnt be suprised if the stadium progesses much faster now.

17140[/snapback]

We may have a blockbuster of an announcement by the Athletic Department tomorrow if all this speculation is true.

naming rights bought by SEFCU...dont know exactly what they are calling it though...somewhere around 2.2 mil.

17138[/snapback]

I don't know about you lot, but I'm going to find it difficult not to call it the RACC. While I understand the realities of running a mid-major athletic department and the need to do things like this, that doesn't mean I like it. I feel like venues lose about half their character when they get a Wal-Mart name, especially when they are re-named ala The Knick.

I guess the upside is that Doc may get his due, and there won't be two RACC's in the AE any more.

S$

Archived