UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RACC

naming rights bought by SEFCU...dont know exactly what they are calling it though...somewhere around 2.2 mil.

17138[/snapback]

For those who may not know, that's the State Employees Federal Credit Union, the largest C.U. in the region and 64th largest in the US.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A flagship university for one of the richest, most populous states in this union shouldn't be content with the 64th largest credit union for sponsorship. Like starving children, we'll take what we can but… come on people! New York is better than that… I hope. Do you understand how small of an organization that is? How about a world leader like GE? We are New York State’s public university. Let’s give Alabama a run for their money or are they too big time? Next thing I’ll hear is people hoping we get sponsored by a pizzeria. Argh!

A flagship university for one of the richest, most populous states in this union shouldn't be content with the 64th largest credit union for sponsorship.  Like starving children, we'll take what we can but… come on people!  New York is better than that… I hope.  Do you understand how small of an organization that is?  How about a world leader like GE?  We are New York State’s public university.  Let’s give Alabama a run for their money or are they too big time?  Next thing I’ll hear is people hoping we get sponsored by a pizzeria.  Argh!

17145[/snapback]

I respect any Dane fan, but jeesh, you are full of piss and vinegar. Dude...relax...this is a step to a new level. We are getting 2.2mm to name a building...that is a big deal as the FIRST ATHELTIC FACILITY SPONSORED BY A CORPORATE SPONSOR!!! (Fallon, obviously, is an individual donor.

GE? Do you remember they have left the region, for the most part at least!?

Alabama....what the heck...is the heat getting to you.

YOU SHOULD GIVE KUDOS TO THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE IN THE A Dept. It may not be the speed we like, however we are doing just fine for being a seven year old DI institution.

Give it time....

I can confirm that the RACC is now known as

SEFCU Arena

Check out the WCDB SportsBlog. Have a story up and I have pictures to prove. I am trying to get them uploaded, but our blog is acting mean. But I can confirm.

A flagship university for one of the richest, most populous states in this union shouldn't be content with the 64th largest credit union for sponsorship.  Like starving children, we'll take what we can but… come on people!  New York is better than that… I hope.  Do you understand how small of an organization that is?  How about a world leader like GE?  We are New York State’s public university.  Let’s give Alabama a run for their money or are they too big time?  Next thing I’ll hear is people hoping we get sponsored by a pizzeria.  Argh!

17145[/snapback]

I respect any Dane fan, but jeesh, you are full of piss and vinegar. Dude...relax...this is a step to a new level. We are getting 2.2mm to name a building...that is a big deal as the FIRST ATHELTIC FACILITY SPONSORED BY A CORPORATE SPONSOR!!! (Fallon, obviously, is an individual donor.

YOU SHOULD GIVE KUDOS TO THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE IN THE A Dept. It may not be the speed we like, however we are doing just fine for being a seven year old DI institution.

Give it time....

17146[/snapback]

I think this is a nice step for the program, and does anyone here think this would be happening if Albany had gone sub .500 last season? How many other schools have sold their arenas' naming rights in the America East?

17145[/snapback]

Like Dane96 stated, this move is just the first stage. The arena downtown has now had at least three official names. The most recent appellation was the Pepsi, and since the 10-year contract is expiring soon the Times Union bought the naming rights. Who's to say that someone else after a certain period of time won't buy the rights to the RACC for even more money?

Relax, just enjoy the fact that we're moving up another notch. Just remember, a mere eleven years ago we were still competing at the lowly Division III level. O would have never believed that we would be playing UCLA, UConn, and the eventual national champion - and making games of them. We just experienced our first sellout after fourteen years in the current building. When we fill it, they will come.

17145[/snapback]

Give it time....

17146[/snapback]

I think this is a nice step for the program, and does anyone here think this would be happening if Albany had gone sub .500 last season? How many other schools have sold their arenas' naming rights in the America East?

17148[/snapback]

This has everything to do with last season....along with the overall athletic package at Albany, something our friends up the road cannot match.

With the large economic impact the school has in the CD, businesses are starting to see value in advertising with the Danes.

This will help secure the funding for the Stadium....no doubt.

Nickname for the SEFCU Arena...."THE CU (pronounced CUE)"

17145[/snapback]

Like Dane96 stated, this move is just the first stage. The arena downtown has now had at least three official names. The most recent appellation was the Pepsi, and since the 10-year contract is expiring soon the Times Union bought the naming rights. Who's to say that someone else after a certain period of time won't buy the rights for even more money?

Relax, just enjoy the fact that we're moving up another notch. Just remember, a mere eleven years ago we were still competing at the lowly Division III level. We just experienced our first sellout after fourteen years in the current building. When we fill it, they will come.

17149[/snapback]

More importantly, UA is taking a foothold in the region. How many athletic fields/buildings are named at Siena?!

"CU" the Siena faithful.

Great work with the story and pics 84.

I may be mistaken but I think the signs saying RACC are brand new this year. Maybe after the announcement tomorrow we can sell them to UMBC for their RACC.

I'll probably forget and call it the RACC for a while but honestly I won't miss the name. Like the moniker BU, there are too many RACCs around the country anyway.

Hopefully teams in the AE will come to rue their days in the CU.

Great work with the story and pics 84.

I may be mistaken but I think the signs saying RACC are brand new this year. Maybe after the announcement tomorrow we can sell them to UMBC for their RACC.

I'll probably forget and call it the RACC for a while but honestly I won't miss the name. Like the moniker BU, there are too many RACCs around the country anyway.

Hopefully teams in the AE will come to rue their days in the CU.

17156[/snapback]

Especially as the Wilson's and crew beat the next team in the "QUEUE!!!"

Will we have to take a loss if we give the RACC the letters...they only need three RAC!?!?

;)

Archived