UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next years preseason NIT

This is great news.  Like all NCAA basketball events held in our home arena, Siena season ticket holders will have first choice in tickets.  I'll look for you up in the rafters Bob.

'Bob'  What a great name.

17365[/snapback]

Thank you. on the name compliment. I am sure most here agree that it is a far better name/handle than a team that didn't even exist in 73. Was Indian73 taken already.

I am also sure Syracuse season ticket holders won't have a problem getting tickets. I bought my tickets at Syracuse the last time the played in the Knick. And if the white "x" I saw on seats in the Knick at the last 3 hockey games are any indication there are plenty of seats available for Siena games. Lastly, the last couple of times I went to the maac championship games at the knick I hardly saw a Siena fan. What makes you think they are going they are all of a sudden going to but an NIT package when they don't even buy a maac touney package.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, there are some serious anger issues on this board.  As I said, every post I made is a reaction to a negative post about Siena.  Go back through the threads if you don't believe me.  Furthermore, how often do you see a negative SUNY post on the Siena board.  Siena fans have other things to discuss and focus on besides smacking around SUNY's basketball team down at the Pepsi!

17393[/snapback]

'aint73

No anger issues mate you are just being stupid!

olddog,

You are absolutely right about LCC board. I got banned because SienaFony was blatantly biased and couldn't stand me calling him on it. After banning me the tool actually threatened to call my ISP and report me in order to get my IP address blocked. I still read their board for kicks and giggles, but they are a disturbingly nutty crowd.

Honestly, there are some serious anger issues on this board.  As I said, every post I made is a reaction to a negative post about Siena.  Go back through the threads if you don't believe me.  Furthermore, how often do you see a negative SUNY post on the Siena board.  Siena fans have other things to discuss and focus on besides smacking around SUNY's basketball team down at the Pepsi!

17393[/snapback]

You have an obligation to post here with useful and honest information. That means you should contribute in a positive manner.

If you want to post negative stuff here about UAlbany, then do so in a respectful and logical manner.

I have a real concern about obtaining tickets for the UAlbany-Siena game. I'm concerned that these tickets still aren't available when they have been in the past. Instead of responding to this concern, you go off on a tangent.

Then you proceed to do the same thing with other posters.

Everybody here knows what would have happened to us if we had done the same thing on your forum that you did to us in the last couple days.

We tolerate differences of opinion here, but we do it respectfully and with facts. On the other hand, if you choose to post stupidity here, be prepared to get hit hard.

17394[/snapback]

I do agree that it sucks to have to pay for corner seats at the Pepsi if you are a Albany fan. However, that's not Siena's fault. It is a function of the the game being classified as a home game for Siena. You guys should be bitching to SUNY's athletic department to have a game scheduled at SEFCU one year. Problem is, the local fan interest is too strong for your on campus arena to support the game.

I do agree that it sucks to have to pay for corner seats at the Pepsi if you are a Albany fan. However, that's not Siena's fault.  It is a function of the the game being classified as a home game for Siena.  You guys should be bitching to SUNY's athletic department to have a game scheduled at SEFCU one year.  Problem is, the local fan interest is too strong for your on campus arena to support the game.

17405[/snapback]

I agree with you on this point. I've stated it several times myself that the only venue for this game with this much interest is the downtown arena.

I continue to believe that UAlbany should be the alternate host for this game, with all the perks that come with it.

. . . olddog,

You are absolutely right about LCC board.  I got banned because SienaFony was blatantly biased and couldn't stand me calling him on it.  After banning me the tool actually threatened to call my ISP and report me in order to get my IP address blocked. I still read their board for kicks and giggles, but they are a disturbingly nutty crowd.

17399[/snapback]

You're one of the posters I had in mind when I made my remark. I had no idea, however, about the rest of the garbage to which you were subjected.

I'm sure the TUC would be glad to give us a date to host the game. We hosted Syracuse there. I don't think alternating home team status is that much of a problem. This game is a money game for UA as we get tickets to sell for the game, which we make $ on, even though they may not be the best seats.

. . . olddog,

You are absolutely right about LCC board.  I got banned because SienaFony was blatantly biased and couldn't stand me calling him on it.  After banning me the tool actually threatened to call my ISP and report me in order to get my IP address blocked. I still read their board for kicks and giggles, but they are a disturbingly nutty crowd.

17399[/snapback]

You're one of the posters I had in mind when I made my remark. I had no idea, however, about the rest of the garbage to which you were subjected.

17409[/snapback]

It was a complete joke! Since I'm an AD of an IT dept. I knew he was talking out of his ass. When I called him on it and told him to please go ahead he tucked his tail between his legs and that was it. Truth be told, I'm cool with most posters on LCC board and most of the time even him, he must have been on the rag or something that week or two.

. . . olddog,

17399[/snapback]

17409[/snapback]

The way the arena and court are set-up, it would be very strange for Siena to be the "away team" for a game at the Pepsi. Changing from light to dark shirt colors is not a big deal, but placing Siena season ticket holders all over the arena would not fly.

Honestly, I like the atmosphere at the Siena-Albany game the way it is right now. The Albany section is very loud and reminds me of some NCAA tournament games that I have attended in which there are two loud cheering sections for each school.

The way the arena and court are set-up, it would be very strange for Siena to be the "away team" for a game at the Pepsi.  Changing from light to dark shirt colors is not a big deal, but placing Siena season ticket holders all over the arena would not fly.

17413[/snapback]

How do you still deal with the fairness issue. It's not right that one team is always the away team. Can you think of any two other colleges in the US where this situation is the same in this regard.

It's actually good to be discussing this issue, instead of just arguing past each other.

The way the arena and court are set-up, it would be very strange for Siena to be the "away team" for a game at the Pepsi.  Changing from light to dark shirt colors is not a big deal, but placing Siena season ticket holders all over the arena would not fly.

Honestly, I like the atmosphere at the Siena-Albany game the way it is right now.  The Albany section is very loud and reminds me of some NCAA tournament games that I have attended in which there are two loud cheering sections for each school.

17413[/snapback]

To me it is irrelevant if some Siena ticket holders will have to find new seats every other year. If they can't or choose not to go that is fine, they can watch at home. There have been other situations such as bowl games or NCAA tournaments where not all season ticket holders get their own seat.

As far as making feelings known to the Albany AD. It is my understanding that this is the last season of a 4 year basketball contract. My feelings have been communicated to the AD within the last 4 years that I expect a home game in the series when it is renewed. If it is not I will be disappointed and my opinion will be known to the appropriate people at the appropriate time for whatever it is worth.

Frankly, I don't really care if our home game in the Albany/LCC series is played at the raac or the Knick as long as we have the appropriate number of home games. In my opinion it is one thing to be the away team to Uconn , Syracuse, UCLA but to be an away team to LCC all the time when we have surpassed them is wrong. If the game is in the raac and some sienna fans can't get tickets or ticket prices are higher that is life just as if it is life that I couldn't get a ticket for one of LCC home games if they could actually fill your building.

I am sure the current contract made sense 4 years ago, but now renewing that contract would make no sense. It has to be on equal terms.

Bob why all the anger and name-calling? Siena is not going to be the away team in the Pepsi as long as Siena has the contract to play its home games at the Pepsi/TUC. My understanding is Albany gets to keep the revenue for all the tickets they sell through their athletic office ( am I wrong on that assumption? ) I can see Albany fans frustration but it doesn’t make sense to make Albany the home game in the Pepsi /TUC, besides going against Siena’s exclusive use contract. ( no other college game can be played there I think its 3 days( might be 2 days) one side or another of a Siena game) Siena’s fan base is approximately 3 times as large as Albany. I’m sure Siena would be open to suggestions, but saying F Siena fans is not the way to go if you want to continue the game. Can’t we all just get along? There is plenty of room in Albany for two D1 teams.

Here's the logic:  I would rather have no program than one that has produced potential criminals.

17386[/snapback]

Is that the reason why Siena doesn't have a football team? Logic, my man!

17387[/snapback]

We all know the reason Siena has no football team is because there were no teams left that they could beat.

Fact - Siena won 3 games thier next to last season

Fact - All 3 of those teams gave up football after that season

My interpretation - If you couldn't even beat Siena there was no point keeping a team

Fact - Siena won 0 games the next season and promptly dropped football

:)

Bob why all the anger and name-calling?  Siena is not going to be the away team in the Pepsi as long as Siena has the contract to play its home games at the Pepsi/TUC.  My understanding is Albany gets to keep the revenue for all the tickets they sell through their athletic office ( am I wrong on that assumption? )  I can see Albany fans frustration but it doesn’t make sense  to make Albany the home game in the Pepsi /TUC, besides going against Siena’s exclusive use contract. ( no other college game can be played there  I think its 3 days( might be 2 days)  one side or another of a Siena game)  Siena’s fan base is approximately 3 times as large as Albany. I’m sure Siena would be open to suggestions, but saying F Siena fans is not the way to go if you want to continue the game.  Can’t we all just get along? There is plenty of room in Albany for two D1 teams.

17424[/snapback]

Tony

I provided my opinion. It is up to the AD's to work out the next contract. Hopefully your AD has better knowledge than you and realizes that the Siena fan base is no longer 3 times bigger than Albany's. Otherwise I doubt a game will get done for the fans.

How is it saying F Siena fans to say that the home/road situation should alternate between years. It is arrogance beyond the Syracuse level to think that Siena should always be the home team in an Albany/Siena series when even a team like Syracuse occasionally plays on the road.

Also, I was responding to a specific point that our feelings should be made to those in charge at Albany.

Lastly if we can't play our 2 home games out of the next 4 in the knick because of Siena's contract play them in the raac and charge a little more for ticket and Albany keeps that money.

Archived