UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saturday's attendance

you guys should get over yourselves. Whining about ONLY 11,000 people instead of 12,000. Please.

18263[/snapback]

I think you miss the point. Two years ago, when both teams were much poorer (Siena went 6-24 that year and UAlbany was even worse the year before), the game drew 11,797 people.

Why did fewer people attend this year when Siena has vastly improved and UAlbany went to the NCAA last year?

We want to know what's happened in the Capital District to account for a poorer showing? I think the question is legitimate.

18265[/snapback]

How much did the tickets cost 2 years ago compared to today? Also, and this might be it, the PS3 and Wii both were just recently introduced to the public so maybe people were busy trying to get their hands on a new console.

With respect to the ticket sales, I posted this over on the MAAC board on 11/30:

Also, I just received concrete word that there have been 8,200 tickets sold for the game Saturday - not "between 10,000 and 10,500" that is reported on the Siena website (that's Rider-like misinformation). Of course, this follows last year when the same situation happened and I predicted a crowd of 8,500 based on the bell-curve process of selling tickets and where there were seats available - and I was on the money with that. I just checked tickets.com and I can still get a pair downstairs in Section 127 in Row GG - based on that, there have been about 6,800 seats sold in the lower bowl so far and another 1,500 upstairs given the best seats available up there.

I have a cousin who works for the Arena Football team and he went down to the box office to get me a number on Thursday. I'm not sure how Bob Belber, the Arena GM, came up with the 10k - 10.5k number he gave the media that day, but he was wrong.

Archived