UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game Thread: Brown

Will UA win or lose against Brown?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coach Brown has said Gifford has lost 20 or more pounds (good loss of weight not bad) which is amazing. Once he gets tons of muscle, something you would think is going to be a big thing during the summer, he is going to be lethal.

I have a gut feeling that Carl Ross may follow the same path as Jason Siggers last year, i.e., come on strong later in the season once he feels comfortable in Will's system.  I seem to recall Siggers getting some playing time early last year and making mistakes by trying to do too much by himself.  He then sat most of the time until his late season breakout.  Ross is just too good of an athlete not to have some impact on this program at some point, hopefully sooner than later.

18412[/snapback]

If Ross turns out to be the player Siggers has I'd be pretty happy. It has to be diffiuclt for both Ross and Knight to be playing for their third coach (and likely their third system) in three years. We could be a different team when they figure out what the coaching staff needs from them.

Anyone notice Brett Gifford's new look? My wife and I gasped when we saw him. We thought Gifford was a reincarnation of Zoellner? Coach Brown wants the team to act tougher; I wonder whether that includes looking the part more.

18404[/snapback]

Basically, the kudos goes to the staff for breaking down Gifford's physical stature quicker than I expected. Now it is up to the strength coach to build him back up to a point where he will get his energy back. It is not easy doing what Gifford did and his body is most likely going "WHAT THE F" right now.

The good news is this: He seems to be assertive offensively, something a big doesnt do as a Frosh at this level. With the year, he will find his strength and it will most likely be noticeable on the defensive end. With Jamar gone, you will see Gifford's number called a lot next year.

My opinion: by the end of next season Gifford will be UBER confident on the defensive end. Combine that with the offensive skills we have seen so far (plus working with our crack big man coach) and Gifford will be (and yes...I know this is extreme) an unstoppable force in his Junior year barring injury. With confidence you will see aggresiveness (look what happened when ZO found his rhythem).

I am very excited about Gifford and Connelly.

Archived