UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown officially suspended 1 game

While I understand that the tyranny imprisoning Coach Brown should be publicized, this 'Free Coach Brown' thing just will not fly.

'Freeing Carl Ross' has a distinct advantage over 'Freeing Coach Brown' in that it has symmetry in the amount of letters in its words, which provides for a stronger feng shui. Perhaps if we were to 'Clear Coach Brown', or something along those lines, and find something that would be more aesthetically agreeable, Coach Brown will unfortunately remain in AE purgatory.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I understand that the tyranny imprisoning Coach Brown should be publicized, this 'Free Coach Brown' thing just will not fly.

'Freeing Carl Ross' has a distinct advantage over 'Freeing Coach Brown' in that it has symmetry in the amount of letters in its words, which provides for a stronger feng shui. Perhaps if we were to 'Clear Coach Brown', or something along those lines, and find something that would be more aesthetically agreeable, Coach Brown will unfortunately remain in AE purgatory.

Haggy-

The Art Department is working on your request as I post (in another open window).

I hope to have something nice to post on it tomorrow!

SSS

Personally, I'm troubled by the Conference's decision to suspend of Coach Brown. Coaching is teaching and this example set by Coach Brown is one I'd want any child of mine to emmulate. Students should never hesitate to appropriately express feelings. Coach didn't exhibit the type of tirade for which other athletic coaches have been fined and suspended. He very appropriately expressed his displeasure with the unfairness of the schedule, something with potential impact on his own career. He did so in a civil manner. To be so openly penalized for commenting on a real injustice is nothing but an unwarranted smear against one of the America East's finest ambassadors. The action taken is far worse than the Coach's infraction. It is a blemish on the Conference not the Coach.

The Conference might have counseled him to initially protest the schedule in private (and who is to say he didn't), but what they ought to be doing is acknowledging the merit of Coach Brown's protest, and offering a public assurance that no school is placed at such disadvantage in future seasons.

i thought we won the cold war.

America East just released its new logo by the way.

untitled1li8.gif

wonder if they make this on a shirt? ;)

i agree with JonUA97 on every point. he always says it best.

Hahaha..one of the best posts I've ever seen here! :lol: I'm tempted to print the picture out and bring it to the game tomorrow in Bingo. Do any of the more veteran posters think that would be a bit too overboard?

I thing King Dane puts the best perspective on this matter. Nero has said or done nothing to address the real issue here. He also is deceptive in his statement about the suspension. He mentions that UAlbany had a chance to comment on the schedule through some undisclosed procedure in September. What he doesn't say is whether or not and how the conference responded to those comments. It may be the same as having a waste basket as your suggestion box.

The disproportionate penalty also concerns me. I sat not far from the UNH bench on wed. and couldn't believe how much time and venom Herrion spent berrating the officials (particularly when he had the advantage of the officiating throughout the game - 2 UNH PFs in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half as case in point). Such abuse goes unpunished, but when a coach has a legitimate beef, he is tossed into the slammer. Very odd indeed.

I thing King Dane puts the best perspective on this matter. Nero has said or done nothing to address the real issue here. He also is deceptive in his statement about the suspension. He mentions that UAlbany had a chance to comment on the schedule through some undisclosed procedure in September. What he doesn't say is whether or not and how the conference responded to those comments. It may be the same as having a waste basket as your suggestion box.

The disproportionate penalty also concerns me. I sat not far from the UNH bench on wed. and couldn't believe how much time and venom Herrion spent berrating the officials (particularly when he had the advantage of the officiating throughout the game - 2 UNH PFs in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half as case in point). Such abuse goes unpunished, but when a coach has a legitimate beef, he is tossed into the slammer. Very odd indeed.

UA66,

Very good points, and kudos to those who made posts that supported UA66's perspective.

This error in judgment was made in an area that is very gray. I'm talking about the new phenomenon of blogging. Since the AE conference probably has no specific rules regarding this new area, it is way out of line to hand out the penalty against Brown that it did.

As others have posted, it was very unnecessary to make this so public on the AE website. Such matters should be handled inside the office, and the dirty laundry should not be hung out to dry so publicly. It is hypocritical for the league office to criticize a coach for airing his grievances in a blog and then make the matter a public spectacle on its official website. Shame on you, Patrick Nero.

I had high hopes for you when you took over the league commissionership, but I now have major questions about your judgment.

i thought we won the cold war.

America East just released its new logo by the way.

untitled1li8.gif

wonder if they make this on a shirt? ;)

i agree with JonUA97 on every point. he always says it best.

Hahaha..one of the best posts I've ever seen here! :lol: I'm tempted to print the picture out and bring it to the game tomorrow in Bingo. Do any of the more veteran posters think that would be a bit too overboard?

I say go for it..and take a pic...I need to see that.

I agree thaat Nero's statement that we could have commented in September was deceptive, if we made our displeasure known then and nothing changed. I guess we'll never find that out unless Nero answers a journalist, if asked. Obviously, UA officials aren't going to prolong this issue. We don't need additional penalties.

Archived