UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Retiring Jamar"s Number

I don't like the idea of retiring numbers!! Rules change and records are made to be broken. Gary Holway set his record without the benefit of the 3 and he was a great long range shooter. Rich Margison was an absolutely great player who could not play as a freshman. And it goes on and on-----------. Basketball at UAlbany has always been a team sport and I am sure Holway, Margison and Jamar Wilson would always like it to remain that way. Jamar should be honored and praised for breaking the school scoring record but after 48 years it is a different time, a different place, a different game and NOT a time to retire numbers.

I don't like the idea of retiring numbers!! Rules change and records are made to be broken. Gary Holway set his record without the benefit of the 3 and he was a great long range shooter. Rich Margison was an absolutely great player who could not play as a freshman. And it goes on and on-----------. Basketball at UAlbany has always been a team sport and I am sure Holway, Margison and Jamar Wilson would always like it to remain that way. Jamar should be honored and praised for breaking the school scoring record but after 48 years it is a different time, a different place, a different game and NOT a time to retire numbers.

Well that's why they call you old timer. Kidding.

You can argue it both ways. Yeah Gary didn't have a 3 pt shot but he also didn't play D-I against competition like UConn, UCLA, Florida, etc.

While they do retire numbers, UNC does a thing where after you graduate you get your jersey hung in the rafters for achieving certain things like AP All American etc. The number isn't retired but you are recognized.

The TU is supposed to have "A Full color page to commemorate Jamar Wilson's achievement" tomorrow as well as the first 250 people to the CUE on tomorrow's game will get a free copy of the TU.

I'll make sure I stay in the varsity club gym long enough, so that I am not one of the first 250 in the raac tonight.

Seriously, I just saw the TU today and it is typical lame TU to put Jamar on the back page instead of on front of as an insert as a classy newspaper would.

The TU is supposed to have "A Full color page to commemorate Jamar Wilson's achievement" tomorrow as well as the first 250 people to the CUE on tomorrow's game will get a free copy of the TU.

I'll make sure I stay in the varsity club gym long enough, so that I am not one of the first 250 in the raac tonight.

Seriously, I just saw the TU today and it is typical lame TU to put Jamar on the back page instead of on front of as an insert as a classy newspaper would.

If i AM HANDED A tu UPON MY ARRIVAL. i WILL REFUSE IT

If i AM HANDED A tu UPON MY ARRIVAL. i WILL REFUSE IT

It was great to see Doc Sauers and Gary Holway there to honor Jamar.

Archived