UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

tie breaker

A times union article today on their website said that if we win the rest of our A.E. Conference games, including the one versus Vermont, that we get the "top seed." This must be an error, no?

From the Times Union:

" . . . . UAlbany (18-7 overall, 11-2 league) won its eighth game in a row to match its longest Division I winning streak established last season. If the Great Danes win their final three league games, starting with Vermont, they'll earn the top seed in the America East Tournament." http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...wsdate=2/8/2007 (February 8, 2007).

Of course if UVM beats Albany, there is no tie unless somebody else beats Vermont

Which means---this is a MUST win game.

In reality, for us to finish in First...and get to the NCAA's via the AE CHAMPIONSHIP....we have to go undefeated.

Not too much pressure on a bunch of 18-22 year olds. :rolleyes:

Even if we dont win the regular season...I am still proud of this team.

I still think Vermont is going to loss at least one game besides the UA game if we should beat them. They still play at Maine and at BU. If that happens we could also lose 1 game provided we beat Vermont.

But if I am wrong and Vermont wins out they will be 15-1 which is a spectacular season. Second to that would be a good season that any team would be proud to have.

A times union article today on their website said that if we win the rest of our A.E. Conference games, including the one versus Vermont, that we get the "top seed." This must be an error, no?

From the Times Union:

" . . . . UAlbany (18-7 overall, 11-2 league) won its eighth game in a row to match its longest Division I winning streak established last season. If the Great Danes win their final three league games, starting with Vermont, they'll earn the top seed in the America East Tournament." http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...wsdate=2/8/2007 (February 8, 2007).

Not an error. If we win all our games we would be 14-2 and Vermont would be 14-2 provided that they win all their remaining games besides the one vs. UA. In that case head to head is the first tie breaker. It would still be tied 1-1. Then you go down the standings until you get to a team where the tie would be broken. In this case it would be when you get to Maine in the standings . UA 2-0, Vermont 1-1 in the assumed scenario.

Oh wow, that's very interesting. I thought it went to comparing the strength of losses in conference (Vermont = us (hopefully) and Maine, while UAlbany = VMT and Binghamton). This means that we control our own destiny, with us having to play 2 of our last 3 games at home, and with Vermont having to play 3 of their last 5 games on the road. Of note, Vermont's 3 road games are against #2 UAlbany, #3 Boston University, and #4 Maine.

Archived