UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saints big test

Just for the record I was not trying to minimize our loss to the Saints (Neither is anyone else, I believe)

Yes, we lost. Yes, it sucked. And yes, the Saints deserve credit whether or not it took them 2 overtimes to do it.

Having said all that, the loss does not take away from the fact that Albany has been able to make up for losing 2 All conference players (Zoellner and Lucious) and 1 very important leader (Levi).

They were able to shake off the early season mistakes and now look like they're on their way to another run at the Conference Championship.

So yes, we lost. But while you're looking forward to next season, we will still have meaningful games to play and (hopefully) a championship to win.

ASP guy, I agree with you about our loss to the aints. Yeah, it sucked at the time. But it is a 30 game season and 1 regular season game in the end means nothing compared to the big picture. As coach always says, the teams goal is to compete for the AE championship. No guarantees, but in good position 14-7 overall and 7-2 in the conference!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree--we have no guarantees. The league is much better this year. I know we are all hopeful of a game at home on March 10th, or on any America East court for that matter. We have a long road ahead before that is even a possibility. Pittfalls exist for all. All of this chest thumping concerns me.

ASP, who's giving up on the season? Siena still has a chance in the MAAC tournament considering the league sucks this year. BTW, the MAAC owns an overall winning record against the AE this year!

You guys are right, the gap is widening...in Siena's favor. Look at our underclassman and then look at SUNY's. I like Siena's furture considering this year's team starts a freshman point guard with a sick assist to turnover ratio, a sophomore two guard that could play in any major conference and is already the teams go-to-guy, and a small forward with unlimited potential. Yeah, I would say things are looking pretty good in Loudonville right now.

ASP, who's giving up on the season? Siena still has a chance in the MAAC tournament considering the league sucks this year. BTW, the MAAC owns an overall winning record against the AE this year!

You guys are right, the gap is widening...in Siena's favor. Look at our underclassman and then look at SUNY's. I like Siena's furture considering this year's team starts a freshman point guard with a sick assist to turnover ratio, a sophomore two guard that could play in any major conference and is already the teams go-to-guy, and a small forward with unlimited potential. Yeah, I would say things are looking pretty good in Loudonville right now.

You guys said the same thing at the end of last season. We were going to lose badly this season because we had lost Levi Levine, Zoellner, and Lucious Jordan and you were getting blah, blah, blah. Well, that didn't happen. And you were going to blow us right out of the Pepsi, weren't you? Well, it didn't happen. We did better against you than last year.

And, to make matters fair, why don't you come over to our place for a change, instead of playing constantly on your home court? You'll learn the real definition of a blowout.

Saint73, I am glad you are happy in Loudonville. I have no complaints with loundonville being 2-5 in the last 7 conference games.

I have no complaints with UA jumping out to a 29-9 lead tonight after 10 minutes and a 52-29 halftime lead and then basically coasting in the second half for their 5th straight win and a 15-7 (8-2) record.

Also who could complain that ESPN choose UA for the bracketbuster again while ESPN, Coach Fran and whoever else is involved in the decision thought a 6-16 team with an RPI of 298 was an appropriate match up for the declining Saints. While you are entitled to your opinion, I clearly put more stock in the evidence to the contrary provided by ESPN and coach Fran who actions scheduling this game are clearly showing Siena is not ready for a February challenge.

As far as a debate for Siena's future, you clearly are lost. The people who care about the saints 2028-2029 roster reside at

http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-top...7155&taid=1

Old dog is correct, we have been hearing that stuff from Saints fans for a long time now without it coming true.

IMPORTANT MEMO TO SIENA FANS:

If you find yourself tonight sitting within three row of a guy wearing a purple tee shirt, and if a Siena player hits a 3; and if the cheerleaders throw a "Tees for Threes" in your vicinity, just give up the tee shirt; do not put up a fight; it is not worth risking injury.

Siena "starts a freshman point guard with a sick assist to turnover ratio, a sophomore two guard that could play in any major conference and is already the teams go-to-guy, and a small forward with unlimited potential."

Despite the allure of the Loudenville nightlife and the stellar Jesuit education, which one, or how many, of these can't miss all-Americans will be looking to transfer during the off season?

True, anything can happen in the MAAC tournament, but from the 8 or 9 seed, its usually not pretty. The IndiansSaints better concentrate on tonight and work on some talking points for tomorrow morning.

Why do you guys continue to engage this mental midget (saints73)? Brush him of like the trash he is and move on, he is obviously here for one reason and that is to start trouble. He really has no argument other then, well we beat you, when comparing the two programs. Meanwhile the 'aints are tumbling into the abyss as confrence losses mount in the powerful MAAC. It's one thing to have a discussion or informed discourse with intelligent members of the saint community, but saints73?

I knew you would eventually resort to name calling Bocedid. I don't balme you. Let's face it, Siena beat SUNY again this year and you therefore have lost bragging rights again. Maybe next year, but I doubt it considering SUNY loses their two best players.

When does the ticker to the next Siena game start. I bet it begins in late August.

When does the ticker to the next Siena game start. I bet it begins in late August.

Of course not. In August the ticker's running for football - for any college that has it

Of which Siena is not one of them, given their lack of interest and inability to get a team together. Then again, when you're the #4 college football team in the market behind two good D-III teams and a D-IA team, would anyone have cared?

If it wasn't for Route 9 splitting the campus, why do I think that Siena would build a nice wall around the campus? They act like one exists already most of the time.

I could care less about college football, let alone non-division I-A. BTW genius, SUNY is division I-AA.

I suspect you are about to get your ass handed to you, since you don't know what you are talking about. I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable fans is about to set you straight...yet again! Enjoy

Archived