UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saints big test

You understand wrong, Bob had a great time. He felt he couldn't lose, except for the horrible basketball he saw.

Glad you're feeling frisky after beating two of the worst teams in college hoops - who had a total of fifteen players suited up between them. What was the real count in the TUC mausoleum Thursday and Sunday?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Season ticket sales were up considerably this year.

What's your point haggardland?

My point? That the old-school Siena alumni that have been inhabiting the Capital Region for so many years have finally been able to find employment sufficient to afford season tickets.

The same people buying different game packages is a difference for the accountants, and it does not speak of any potential core growth of the program.

Season ticket sales were up considerably this year.

What's your point haggardland?

My point? That the old-school Siena alumni that have been inhabiting the Capital Region for so many years have finally been able to find employment sufficient to afford season tickets.

The same people buying different game packages is a difference for the accountants, and it does not speak of any potential core growth of the program.

Not only have they found employment sufficient to afford season tickets, but they have finally paid off their private-school student loans for their undergraduate edcuation.

The actual numbers show that stagnation is too kind a word.

Siena average home attendance, NOT counting the UAlbany game:

2002-03 7,087

2003-04 6,259

2004-05 6,234 - boosted by 14,000 vs. Syracuse

2005-06 5,105

2006-07 5,146 yeah, BIG increase in season tickets

saints73

Dear Sir:

You are misdirecting your anger and frustration here. I'm sure you know Siena's inflated attendance figures have become a running joke in college hoop circles. Siena has a loyal fan base, developed over decades, and your season ticket base of 2500-3000 is impressive for mid majors in the Northeast. Siena has a nice group of players. (I don't include Ubiles in this group. His body language and demeanor suggest he doesn't really care, especially when he's not in the game. He sits alone with a towel over his head during timeouts. He plays hard when he feels like it. There is usually a reason players with "Big East talent" end up in the MAAC).

The problem you have is the lack of home court advantage at most games. The atmosphere in the nearly empty TUC for the Iona game was funereal. Even when Siena legitimately draws 5000+ (e.g. the Rider game), it still seems like a small crowd, especially since very few Siena students attend the games. As a result, you are left with an aging group of loyal but increasingly grouchy fans, burdened by high ticket prices, a mediocre team and unreasonable expectations. Don't blame us for that.

If you want to experience the energy of a real home court college hoop atmosphere, you should consider picking up one of the few remaining tickets for the Albany-Vermont game. There is something about the buzz of a packed arena for a big conference game that Siena fans can no longer experience.

You understand wrong, Bob had a great time. He felt he couldn't lose, except for the horrible basketball he saw.

Glad you're feeling frisky after beating two of the worst teams in college hoops - who had a total of fifteen players suited up between them. What was the real count in the TUC mausoleum Thursday and Sunday?

Alum72 ,Did you expect anything less from Saint73. He is doing his best to prove me right on my line from post # 59 on this thread. "Indian/Saint73 You are looking real dumb here even compared to other saint fans."

Now after 4 days of hiding and 2 more UA games, he wants to talk about the Iona game. I thought we covered that. It was a horrible game between 2 awful teams that both deserved to lose. I guess Saint73 is incapable of understanding that means the saint fans in attendance (all 2500 - 3000 of them in spite of what was announced ) did not enjoy the game while I loved seeing how low the saints had sunk in 2 months. The look on the faces of my coworkers was well worth the price of the ticket. They knew as well as I did that Siena was lucky to escape with a victory and that Siena had gone backwards in the 2 months since I had last seen them and if they played like that the rest of the season they would be a non factor at least against teams ranked in the top 300.

Siena students: It's not too late. You can still hedge off your future debt and defect to our side (we also have football!). Here is the URL for transfer admissions: http://www.albany.edu/admissions/undergrad...dmissions.shtml

It appears as though you can also apply online (I expect that you will still need to submit at transcript from Siena; simply go to your registrar's office for that). You may also order a paper application if you would rather fill out the application that way. It's never too late to make a positive change in your life!

Archived