UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Come on Over an visit the Broncos

Yeah, it still amazes me that people out there aren't aware of the capital of New York State. In fact, it scares me.

I can't speak for all Bronco fans, but I actually went to grade school and I had to learn all the State Capitols.

At least they know where NY is. Idaho is often confused with Iowa.

Current Bracket Buster projections show Vermont going to Spokane to play in the NCAA tourney.....if Albany knocks off Vermont, Albany could go to Spokane.

If that happens, I will be there cheering for the Great Danes from my front row seat in Section 109.....

That would be so cool......

I agree with you -- basic notions of geography and knowledge of our states' capitals pass over many (regardless of where they grow up), even the "educated." I'm amazed at how many New Yorkers don't know Iowa from Idaho from Nebraska. I have friends with college degrees who don't know exactly where Wisconsin is. These friends say, "oh yeah, it's next to Montana or Idaho, right?" Ugh. Hmm, now that I think of it, these people to which I refer graduated from Binghamton and Siena (I'm not making this up ... lol).

Archived