UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iati

Very happy to see Iati playing well - IMO, he was key in the first half and will be key down the stretch. What I like most about his play isn't just the increased consistency from the perimeter, but he is going to the basket more.

1. At one point, Reid Anderson and Michael Knight were getting minutes while he sat on the bench.

2. He was put in the starting lineup against UCLA last year, had a couple of good games and then lost his starting position again. He struggled most of this year until the last few weeks.

3. The team signs Anthony Raffa, and Coach Brown is quoted as saying Raffa is going to start in the backcourt with Brian Lillis.

Iati will be a difference maker down the stretch.

Very happy to see Iati playing well - IMO, he was key in the first half and will be key down the stretch. What I like most about his play isn't just the increased consistency from the perimeter, but he is going to the basket more.

1. At one point, Reid Anderson and Michael Knight were getting minutes while he sat on the bench.

2. He was put in the starting lineup against UCLA last year, had a couple of good games and then lost his starting position again. He struggled most of this year until the last few weeks.

3. The team signs Anthony Raffa, and Coach Brown is quoted as saying Raffa is going to start in the backcourt with Brian Lillis.

Iati will be a difference maker down the stretch.

if he is on---Iati will get his minutes--even if he's not in the starting lineup. he has been a valuable part of this program since he was a freshman. I've heard him say how he now recognizes his role, the important thing is the team and winning games.

I just found the exact quote - I apologize, he didn't come out and say he'd start:

Brown said Raffa will take some of the burden off UAlbany point guard Brian Lillis because shooting guard Jamar Wilson, the reigning America East Player of the Year, is gone after this season.

"What we want to try to do is allow Brian Lillis to become the secondary ball-handler and basically have two point guards on the floor," Brown said. "I think Raffa is good enough to come in and make an impact right away."

It's amazing how a Coach can be misunderstood.

I think in years Brown has been here he hasn't stated a recruit was guaranteed to start.

Also on Iati - since the talent level at UA has risen the chances of Iati startling have lessened I believe mainly because of his size and defensive limitations. There has never been a doubt that Jon can score and is a tough hardnose guy. He was a key ingredient in our success last year and is a key performer for us again this year. Iati is a player.

Just for general info Billy Allen "Was in the House". I met him during half time, seems like a real nice guy.

It's amazing how a Coach can be misunderstood.

I think in years Brown has been here he hasn't stated a recruit was guaranteed to start.

Also on Iati - since the talent level at UA has risen the chances of Iati startling have lessened I believe mainly because of his size and defensive limitations. There has never been a doubt that Jon can score and is a tough hardnose guy. He was a key ingredient in our success last year and is a key performer for us again this year. Iati is a player.

Just for general info Billy Allen "Was in the House". I met him during half time, seems like a real nice guy.

Good choice of game to introduce the new recruits to UA basketball. Last night the house was rocking, Ambrose was also there, saw him walking around my section.

As a freshman in 2003-04 , John Iati played every minute of every game. He led the nation in minutes played, averaging over 40 minutes a game. When I hear all the flack he has been taking this season, I ask all of his detractors to take a big breath and give the kid a break. He has come up big many times, his 3's last night were huge for us.

As a freshman in 2003-04 , John Iati played every minute of every game. He led the nation in minutes played, averaging over 40 minutes a game. When I hear all the flack he has been taking this season, I ask all of his detractors to take a big breath and give the kid a break. He has come up big many times, his 3's last night were huge for us.

That was back in my last year in middle school...I remember doing a report on him for gym and how he averaged over 40 min/game.

I pose one important question for all those iati-holics, what about next year when raffa becomes a starter and jon remains the 6th man? agree or disagree?

Who sez Raffa is gonna start? especially right away. Will has never said Raffa is going to start. Raffa and Iati will both get plenty of minutes regardless of who starts. Plus we have Ross, Knight and Anderson. Let's get through this season before we decide who starts next year. I am impressed by Mr. Raffa's clippings--but I'm from the home state of Mr. Gifford------You gotta show me--before I believe you can do it!

I pose one important question for all those iati-holics, what about next year when raffa becomes a starter and jon remains the 6th man? agree or disagree?

Who sez Raffa is gonna start? especially right away. Will has never said Raffa is going to start. Raffa and Iati will both get plenty of minutes regardless of who starts. Plus we have Ross, Knight and Anderson. Let's get through this season before we decide who starts next year. I am impressed by Mr. Raffa's clippings--but I'm from the home state of Mr. Gifford------You gotta show me--before I believe you can do it!

Iati is a liability on D, but his leadership and the fact that he wants to make the big shots, makes him a very important player on the team. The offense runs smoothly while he is in the game. As long as he isnt shooting everytime he touches the ball, he will be my favortite player.

yea he is trigger happy but i think he is learning a little more not to be. but when he is on fire he is money

Iati is a liability on D, but his leadership and the fact that he wants to make the big shots, makes him a very important player on the team. The offense runs smoothly while he is in the game. As long as he isnt shooting everytime he touches the ball, he will be my favortite player.

yea he is trigger happy but i think he is learning a little more not to be. but when he is on fire he is money

I am one of those guys who you could call and Iati-holic. I'd love to see him start again but I'm glad he got his game back. I was talking to his Mom at the half on Saturday night and I asked her what she has been feeding him. Her reply, "Lots of Love." I told her that we were too.

Iati for President!

SSS

• 2 weeks later...

Archived