UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iati

• 2 weeks later...
John Iati. he has accepted his role , despite his detractors---he always plays hard.

yea, i agree.

Actually Jon shouldn't have any detractor's.

He works hard all the time and has always given his best.

UA should be indebted to him....

1. "ROY" and 40+ min per game as a frosh coming off shoulder surgery.

2. It's evident that he has worked hard to develop his strength as he has added probably 15lbs of solid muscle since his freshman season.

3. Rehabbed after 2nd shoulder surgery, alot tougher then it sounds.

4. Learned and accepted his role of coming off the bench to help us get to the "Big Dance"

5. Struggled with a broken toe early this season - it's hard to push off your feet with a broken toe (and Jon is a pure jump shooter).

6. Once the toe healed Jon showed us his magic. 43% 3PFG% in AE Play and 7.5ppg in just 19mpg.

Instead of detractor's he has developed a cult following!!!

Who doesn't rise to their feet when Jon goes up for a three at SEFCU????????

Jon has done a great job for the Danes since day 1.

With 793 points to his credit the 1,000 point plateau is well within his reach.

John Iati. he has accepted his role , despite his detractors---he always plays hard.

yea, i agree.

Actually Jon shouldn't have any detractor's.

He works hard all the time and has always given his best.

UA should be indebted to him....

1. "ROY" and 40+ min per game as a frosh coming off shoulder surgery.

2. It's evident that he has worked hard to develop his strength as he has added probably 15lbs of solid muscle since his freshman season.

3. Rehabbed after 2nd shoulder surgery, alot tougher then it sounds.

4. Learned and accepted his role of coming off the bench to help us get to the "Big Dance"

5. Struggled with a broken toe early this season - it's hard to push off your feet with a broken toe (and Jon is a pure jump shooter).

6. Once the toe healed Jon showed us his magic. 43% 3PFG% in AE Play and 7.5ppg in just 19mpg.

Instead of detractor's he has developed a cult following!!!

Who doesn't rise to their feet when Jon goes up for a three at SEFCU????????

Jon has done a great job for the Danes since day 1.

With 793 points to his credit the 1,000 point plateau is well within his reach.

I am one of those who rise from my seat when Iati prepares to launch one. Looking at the media guide, and this years stats--I have Iati with 859 points as of the BU game. well in reach of 1000....and he will get it.

purplehaze your figure is right.

04/05 Jon did play 6 games and score 66pts before redshirting so his total is 859 - not bad for a kid most thought was too small to play DI and to think Brown thought enough of him to sign him early.

Jon is another example of a UA player who is a class act and who has represented the university well.

There is no question Iati gives 100% every time he steps on the court. He is one of a long list of great Danes. (or great Great Danes). When he, or any Albany player, puts up a three, every fan holds his breath until it goes in or doesn't go in.

When Iati is hot, there is nothing more exciting. There are times, however, when Iati has been cold and its been painful, for him, and for those that are watching. During those times, and because his defense is tenacious but not always all that effective, it becomes a detriment to the team.

This is merely an observation. Obviously, the coach doesn't know what we're going to get when he puts a player in the game - except with Iati (and with most of the guys), he gets 100%.

As a fan, I believe its okay to observe something that's problematic. I actually think that fans are entitled to criticize the players and coaches, though many on this board disagree. For example, what baseball fan doesn't criticize a manager for leaving a pitcher in too long, etc. Doesn't mean your not a fan, you're just an opinionated fan. Criticizing a Will Brown decision doesn't make a Dane fan any less of a Dane fan.

Iati's various roles on the team during his time at UAlbany demonstrate clearly the progress that the whole program has made in the last four years.

From his freshman year, when he averaged more than 40 minutes of playing time per game, because we needed to have him and every other moderately effective team player on the floor, to his reduced time now, it is easily apparent that we now have many more weapons available.

The fact that he willingly took on his role during the early years and the fact that his off-the-court behavior is unblemished indicates to me that we certainly picked up a gem. For him personally, I wish him the best the rest of the season and in whatever time he still will be with us.

King Dane,

I guess I have modified my view about comments posters here may make on team members and coaches. Perhaps you put me into that classification of fans here who stated in previous posts that any criticism is unwarranted. If criticism is constructive, then I believe it might serve in a positive way. Where I disagree with criticism is when comments are made that can be construed as being intentionally mean (maybe even unintentionally) and when comments are not well researched. I know that sometimes my comments may not have the proper substantiation when I make them, and I have to apologize. It's also too easy to judge other people's actions and motives, and that sometimes holds me back from criticizing the team. Now if it's another team, like UVM or Siena, then the whole world opens up to me. B)

Archived