UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iati lost the game

UA'02

As a season-ticket holder in section 150, I'd have to disagree with the aforementioned "sec. 150 consensus" regarding Iati "losing the game." I think Vermont played a heck of a game, made a lot of free throws (especially Holm, who I thought was a bad shooter from the stripe before this game), and just hit some key shots. Yes, those two turnovers hurt, but Iati as much as anyone on the team leaves his heart on the floor every time he's in, and he did a lot of good today too. Vermont just pulled one out and made some shots down the final stretch.

Notwithstanding the loss today, I saw a lot of positives! Connelly taking it to the rim off the dribble was a great sight to see. I'm looking forward to Reid Anderson getting the "green light" to drive more next season too. And Gifford, I thought, played very well. How about that block on Holm along the baseline in the second half!? Gifford is getting better and better each game, and I'm excited to wait and see the results of an off-season workout program. I'm also excited to see Lillis get more of a green light to drive to the basket. Lillis is a heck of a ballplayer.

And, has anyone noticed how this team doesn't miss a beat when Jamar is on the bench? And it's not just now or against Maine earlier this week. Think back to Bucknell. Wasn't Jamar out for a substantial portion of the 2d half when we came from 12 points behind at the half to win that game in a low-scoring affair? If I recall correctly, when Jamar cramped up in the Bucknell game, that is when we made our run to take the lead. No? This team is going to be darn good next year ... .

This team is solid, I'm looking forward to seeing them in Boston and hopefully in the championship game (remember, if Maine or a dangerous Binghamton team knocks them out on Saturday or Sunday, the title game is back at the "CU"). As eluded to above, I think we're going to be even better next year. Our whole front court and its reserves come back next year, Lillis and Iati are both back, and we got some interesting recruits. If Raffa is half the player people are saying he is --- meaning, he just brings the ball up the court, doesn't turn the ball over too much, and makes some outside shots here and there --- we got just as good a team (if not better) next year! We're just getting started ... . We just gotta pack the SEFCU for the Boston University game and then get out to Boston first weekend in March!

And how sweet would it be to get our first win in the Patrick Gym in the Title game? :)

Thanks to the students for trying to put some life into the crowd too. It was much appreciated. To be somewhat critical, I am getting a little tired of having to feel "bad" or inappropriate by standing up (because I'm blocking the view of those behind me). It's time for us on the sidelines to wake up! I don't want to feel guilty about standing because the people behind me can't see. Am I going wrong here?

I have to agree with you. I was really impressed with Gifford today. Give the kid a year or two of weight training and look out. I also hope Reid Anderson and Connelly get involved more. They both looked good today. Lets not get shortsighted here. A lot of positives came from this game today.

Danefan, couldn't agree more about the positives. I don't remember seeing Connelly drive like that. And, even more impressive, did Gifford even have ONE turnover today? I don't remember a single turnover by him. I'm really excited about our young frontcourt. With ogre Holm gone after this year, our young and emerging front court could very well rule the America East.

Not to dwell in the low depths of ad hominem regarding the opposing players after a loss, but anyone notice how Holm can't line up in the key when Vermont takes free throws? Does he stand at half court because he can't run back fast enough? lol ...

Regarding our players, I know we're all frustrated but that's only because we care so much and support them and want them to do well, so I would simply encourage everyone to stay positive about our players, team, and season, especially beacuse this is a public forum and it wouldn't suprise me if our players and/or coaches read this stuff (though better judgment would probably dictate that they shouldn't!). It only takes a laptop in a dorm room these days to access these forums, so let's just buckle down and be the best fans we can!

Regarding Vermont, I am adopting my ban of all Mass. goods and products (I hate the Red Sox) for Vermont, so I will not be buying maple syrup, cheese, or milk from Vermont. I'll also be skiing in the Catskills and Adirondacks (not Vermont). I suppose I'll have to pay for tickets for the UVM game next year, but I'll bring peanut butter sandwhiches (& NY apples) with me or something for my lunch/dinner.

I'm really starting to dislike the colors green and gold/yellow (i.e., Siena, Vermont). :)

we lost because of those stupid thundersticks! they're bad luck and plus why only give one out? what the hell are you going to do with one?! lol

Only one is given out because thundersticks are considered artificial noise makers and are banned by the NCAA for basketball games.

Archived