UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BUMa @ UA

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see UAlbany ended the regular season on a high note. Congratulations to the team for posting its first 20-win regular season record!

All in all, not a bad weekend, with the victory over #1 Johns Hopkins in men's lacrosse.

Continuing to build a comprehensive athletic program, these are heady days at UA!

Great game....freaking refs sucked as usual. They T'd up Brown and let Wolff twice off the hook. Once in the first half when he kept yelling and yelling and even came out after the official almost to the FT line and then again in the second half. But yet Brown gets T'd up by an official from the opposite side of the court. Midway through the second half there was a 14 point swing right around some terrible calls on UA and then the T on Brown, we were up by 10 and next thing you know we were down by 4. At that time the foul discrepancy was like 5-1 or 6-2, I know we ***** and moan all the time about the refs but man do they suck. This MUST be addressed by the league during the off season.

Iati won this game for us, when we needed those 3 huge 3's he stepped up and knocked them down. Jamar's three got us going but Iati putt us over the top. I know people were tough on him after the UVM game but no doubt he contributed significantly and probably won this game for us.

Gifford, did not have a great game today. Passed up on a wide WIDE open layup. He looked lost out there today in the first half. In the second half I was pleasantly surprised as he kept battling on the board and I think passed out on an offensive rebound to Jamar for an open 3 to get us back within one (I'm not sure 100% that that was the play). If he puts in a good amount of work in the off season I think he can come back real strong next season. I see flashes in him but he needs a lot of work.

Nice touch with Baumen, letting him start and finish the game.

On a more sad note, I reached into my season tickets envelop and pulled out the last home ticket today. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I know there's still allot of basketball to be played but I'm not going to Boston so unless the Championship game is gona be at the CUE I'm done watching Jamar, Siggers and the boys in person. Can't wait for the next home game with Raffa, Ambrose and Allen come to town. Not to mention a more improved Giff, Anderson and Yocum. When the bell rings on this season it will a rough time of withdrawal for me. But there will be time for this in the coming weeks and month's. For now.......LETS GO DANES, LETS GO DANES!!!!! :D

Great game....freaking refs sucked as usual. They T'd up Brown and let Wolff twice off the hook. Once in the first half when he kept yelling and yelling and even came out after the official almost to the FT line and then again in the second half. But yet Brown gets T'd up by an official from the opposite side of the court. Midway through the second half there was a 14 point swing right around some terrible calls on UA and then the T on Brown, we were up by 10 and next thing you know we were down by 4. At that time the foul discrepancy was like 5-1 or 6-2, I know we ***** and moan all the time about the refs but man do they suck. This MUST be addressed by the league during the off season.

I couldn't attend the game today because I'm out of the area, and I was unaware of the technical against Brown. I don't and shouldn't complain much about the refereeing for fear of being called a whiner, but I too am concerned about the jobs some of these officials are doing and how the coaches react.

I have no real evidence for what I'm saying now, but I wonder whether Brown gets a raw deal because he's younger than most of the other coaches. I'm quite sure Wolff would not get T'd up so quickly because of his tenure in the league. I'm also very concerned about the behavior that Lonergan gets away with. Case in point is the game at SEFCU where he berated the refs at the end of the half. What happened in the second half with the foul situation and the great discrepancy between the two teams' fouls looks suspicious to me.

A similar thing happened with him at the Hartford game today. As the half is closing out with a very close score, he berates the refs again. At least this time he got called for it. But UVM then came out of the locker room and put great distance between themselves and Hartford. Fans from other AE schools have questioned Lonergan's tendency to whine to the refs on the message board in the last week, so I'm not alone in my paranoia.

As I said, I was not present at any of the games in question. This post is merely set here to start a discussion. Those of you who actually witnessed the two SEFCU games can comment much more knowledgeably than I about the actual events.

I just don't want to see us get jobbed in the tournament. This time the odds are too great to see any team get an unfair advantage or disadvantage from the refereeing. (At least Nero doesn't know where I live, I think.)

I couldn't attend the game today because I'm out of the area, and I was unaware of the technical against Brown. I don't and shouldn't complain much about the refereeing for fear of being called a whiner, but I too am concerned about the jobs some of these officials are doing and how the coaches react.

I have no real evidence for what I'm saying now, but I wonder whether Brown gets a raw deal because he's younger than most of the other coaches. I'm quite sure Wolff would not get T'd up so quickly because of his tenure in the league. I'm also very concerned about the behavior that Lonergan gets away with. Case in point is the game at SEFCU where he berated the refs at the end of the half. What happened in the second half with the foul situation and the great discrepancy between the two teams' fouls looks suspicious to me.

A similar thing happened with him at the Hartford game today. As the half is closing out with a very close score, he berates the refs again. At least this time he got called for it. But UVM then came out of the locker room and put great distance between themselves and Hartford. Fans from other AE schools have questioned Lonergan's tendency to whine to the refs on the message board in the last week, so I'm not alone in my paranoia.

As I said, I was not present at any of the games in question. This post is merely set here to start a discussion. Those of you who actually witnessed the two SEFCU games can comment much more knowledgeably than I about the actual events.

I just don't want to see us get jobbed in the tournament. This time the odds are too great to see any team get an unfair advantage or disadvantage from the refereeing. (At least Nero doesn't know where I live, I think.)

I was at both games.....in Wolff's defense he yelled more at his player then the refs. He talked to the refs but nothing like Lonergan. In my opinion Lonergan by far is the worst in the league. Lonergan after EVERY SINGLE call goes into his theatrics you know the ones......sour face, hands up, crouching up and down etc. It's annoying as hell. He gets away with murder on the refs. If I was a UVM fan I'd be happy because he works the officials to perfection, look at the game against us a few weeks back.

The same idiot that let Wolff get away with it T'd up Brown FROM ACROSS THE COURT! Yes, Brown was going nuts and doing his best Lonergan impersonation but certainly no worse then what Wolff was doing and got away with. I think if we belabor the point about how bad the officials have been we will makes ourselves look like sore losers. With that in mind a fan of every team have a legitimate gripe. Look at todays game Hartford vs. UVM. Apparently, reading the comments it was on the knifes edge of a brawl as the officials had no control over the game.

I was at both games.....in Wolff's defense he yelled more at his player then the refs. He talked to the refs but nothing like Lonergan. In my opinion Lonergan by far is the worst in the league. Lonergan after EVERY SINGLE call goes into his theatrics you know the ones......sour face, hands up, crouching up and down etc. It's annoying as hell. He gets away with murder on the refs. If I was a UVM fan I'd be happy because he works the officials to perfection, look at the game against us a few weeks back.

The same idiot that let Wolff get away with it T'd up Brown FROM ACROSS THE COURT! Yes, Brown was going nuts and doing his best Lonergan impersonation but certainly no worse then what Wolff was doing and got away with. I think if we belabor the point about how bad the officials have been we will makes ourselves look like sore losers. With that in mind a fan of every team have a legitimate gripe. Look at todays game Hartford vs. UVM. Apparently, reading the comments it was on the knifes edge of a brawl as the officials had no control over the game.

Maybe something can be done about the officiating.

(1) Whenever Lonergan starts his antics, then the students can start a cheer against him. Walker used to be really bad, some of the students then got on him. In my mind, Nick Macarchuk of Stony Brook was the worst. But somebody needs to get on Lonergan's case.

(2) I wonder what kind of effect Dick Sauers' evaluations of the referees is having on league determination of who refs our games. Perhaps the effect won't be known until after the season is over. Certainly one of the criteria for reporting official behavior is consistency with calls made and how referees react to coaches.

(3) If certain coaches are abusing the refs, then maybe Nero can get on the abusers. I mean, if Nero fines Brown for his public opinions, then he certainly should have the authority to warn and fine coaches who go after referees excessively.

Olddog,

This is just one fans opinion, I don't know what others think on this subject. I was just watching Lonergan during the BU game on Thursday it was the same antics, and I've seen him in one or two other games same thing. Maybe 3 or 4 games isn't a large enough sample, I don't know but thats my impression.

Listen, Brown is no saint but when he goes crazy over a call he does it sparsly here and there. He protest but nothing like Lonergan on every call. I actually watched especially for this today and yes, he went nuts on one or two calls but he is much more in control. On several occasions he talked to the reff during a FT or something but he has a very different tactic and flips out only if he really feels like his team is getting a raw deal.

Archived