UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BUMa @ UA

Olddog,

. . . Listen, Brown is no saint but when he goes crazy over a call he does it sparsly here and there. He protest but nothing like Lonergan on every call. I actually watched especially for this today and yes, he went nuts on one or two calls but he is much more in control. On several occasions he talked to the reff during a FT or something but he has a very different tactic and flips out only if he really feels like his team is getting a raw deal.

I sat behind Brown a couple times this season, and my opinion on him changed. I thought before this season that he might be protesting too many calls. Of course, I got my conditioning from Doc Sauers, who in his 41 years of coaching, got T-ed up only once or twice. So anything beyond that is extravagant.

But there were some plays this season where I thought Brown might go nuts on a call/non-call issue, but he remained calm and just accepted the ref's decision. Not even a protest came from him. You're right. It's my opinion too that Brown makes a fuss only when he thinks it's necessary.

The picture that I'm getting about Lonergan, and again it's only based on a few situations and other people's opinions, is that he makes EVERY disagreement an issue with the refs. I'm hoping that, if this is indeed the case, that he gets a bad rep with the refs and that it works out adversely for him.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Olddog,

. . . Listen, Brown is no saint but when he goes crazy over a call he does it sparsly here and there. He protest but nothing like Lonergan on every call. I actually watched especially for this today and yes, he went nuts on one or two calls but he is much more in control. On several occasions he talked to the reff during a FT or something but he has a very different tactic and flips out only if he really feels like his team is getting a raw deal.

But there were some plays this season where I thought Brown might go nuts on a call/non-call issue, but he remained calm and just accepted the ref's decision. Not even a protest came from him. You're right. It's my opinion too that Brown makes a fuss only when he thinks it's necessary.

Exactly what somebody on the Boise St. board said - that Brown picked his spots to work the refs, not go nuts the whole game

Archived