UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton stifles UA

UAalum72

Mental slippage - Ben Franklin not Patrick Henry!!!

The quote was more memorable than the speaker, Hell Franklin was known for doing or saying everything.

Anyway it's time for Danes fans to stick together and support our team.

They're all making some type of mistakes but the losses are not due to lack of effort!!!!!!

Edited by Patch

Truce--I am not knocking Levi or Iati. They are both trying very hard in a difficult situation. No one can or should be asked to play 40 minutes. I do think Martin is doing what a typical Freshman should do and I don't believe he can't do some of the things he is accused on not being capable of(yea, I know poor grammar). He is tentative as a Freshman usually tends to be.

Oldtimer.....

you won't get any disagreement out of me.

I feel Martin is adjusting to DI play and as I said in several posts he has been better of late but still has a ways to go like most freshman. I think the coaches are trying to find the right spots for him to be successful.

If we had a full roster Jon Iati would have been taken out of alot of games this year to get instruction from the staff, to rest and sometimes just to watch what's going on out there.

If Jamar was around Courtney would be getting much less time and overall he has played above expectations but he's a freshman, too!

People forget Jamar had some nightmare games last year as a freshman but still had a "Rookie of the Year" season. Levi struggled last year too, and made the "All Rookie" team.

Its tough being a freshman and really tough playing 35-40 minutes as a freshman. Everyone thinks they can but in reality very few can handle it..

You don't need to be a genius to realize that Martin rebounds well and has good size for a wing.

However, he is not a comfortable ballhandler(dribbling and passing).

He can't guard an athlete or a smaller player.

That MORON who posted those rebound numbers is definitely his dad or a relative. Who else would waste time calculating that crap for each guy????

Iati and Levine always draw the other teams best defenders and it is the goal of the opponent to stop Iati and Levine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I agree with Patch. Iati was brought in to run the offense, make 3's, and make Ft's. Wilson and Levine were going to be the go to guy's and Iati the shooter and 3rd option!

Please learn more about the game and realize that Martin has some potential and he is a freshman. Hell, Courtney Johnson is not a good offensive player but he defends and can dribble! That's why he plays!!!!!!!!!!!!

... 04-05 will smooth over so many differences ... remember we are all family ... i can't wait for the upset of siena in the fall to bring everyone back together ... and by the way, the social studies dept. confirms that the quote belongs to franklin ... not only a patriot, but a loyal dane fan (even if his days were a few ahead of the schools)

Believe me 04-05 will bring with it a whole new set of problems.........we will see how tight the "family" is if we happen to leave the Pepsi with an "L" next year. "Next Year" has been so hyped that if the Danes don't make one of the biggest "W"-"L" turn arounds in history it will be deemed by some as disappointing.

Think about it, if we happen to come in fourth place next year, which would be a phenomenal turn around, wouldn't there be some "family" memebers unhappy? The problem with looking ahead so far so soon is that the expectations become almost unattainable. I for one would be thrilled with a fourth place finish next year and the prospect of having everybody back for the following year..............but having said that I have to admit that I picture in my mind....and sincerely believe, that next years team just might be good enough to win out and get to the NCAA's. What AE team is sooo powerful and without weaknesses that they can not go down in the AE tourney. Albany has hung tough with the elite of the AE so far this year with a patchwork, undermanned, freshmen and walkon laiden team, so why is it such a stretch to think that with what we have waiting in the wings that we can't win out come tournament time?

Please, those of you more level headed than myself spare me the diatribe about how ecstatic I should be with a forth place finish and how unrealistic my thoughts are regarding the AE tournament/NCAA's..........I understand all that.........I just think that if everything clicks right............and let's face it we haven't gotten any breaks the last two years so maybe we are due for a few things to go our way..........we just might be able to do something special.

Believe me 04-05 will bring with it a whole new set of problems.........we will see how tight the "family" is if we happen to leave the Pepsi with an "L" next year. "Next Year" has been so hyped that if the Danes don't make one of the biggest "W"-"L" turn arounds in history it will be deemed by some as disappointing.

Think about it, if we happen to come in fourth place next year, which would be a phenomenal turn around, wouldn't there be some "family" memebers unhappy? The problem with looking ahead so far so soon is that the expectations become almost unattainable. I for one would be thrilled with a fourth place finish next year and the prospect of having everybody back for the following year..............DOWNTOWN

04/05 should be a season where we want a first - double digit wins and then secondly - possibly a .500 season. Anything more than that is gravy. I like DOWNTOWN would truly love to see a top 4 AE Conference finish and a solid showing at the Conference Tourney.

How fast next year's team jells and team chemistry are the keys.

But damn...... it will sure be nice to dress a full team and have some depth.

I still have not given up on this year's team I truly love the way they compete. I know our weaknesses and faults and I hope we can continue to improve.

'Q", Wyatt and Martin have made big strides so far let's hope they can keep it up.

I just think that if everything clicks right............and let's face it we haven't gotten any breaks the last two years so maybe we are due for a few things to go our way..........we just might be able to do something special. DOWNTOWN

I hope so too!!!

Much as I like to think we could finish 15-13 next year and be rolling to do some damage in March, I have to keep reminding myself that it will still be a young team (only Wyatt and Q seniors), and at the start Jamar, LJ and Z will all have a year or more of rust to work off in November and December.

Meanwhile, just sitting back and watching the scrap, hoping we can get four or five more Ws this year.

UAalum72

I don't totally buy in to your theory that you our cautiously optomistic due to us being a "young" team next year.

Jamar- ROY ,35-40 MPG,and a year off to rehab and add muscle

Luscious- Seasoned and successful player with a year off to learn Danes system

Das Big Man- Though limited minutes in Big East the coaching and competition he faced at that level day in and day out is not to be ignored. Also a year off to practice and learn Danes system

Lev-All Rookie Team, accepted huge responsibilities with Jamar out, 35-40 MPG

Iati-Possible ROY, thrown to the wolves, 35-40 MPG. Will have a great understanding of what he has to improve on next year. He is a marked man every time he steps on the court. Shoulder shoulder be stronger next year.

Martin-Learning the ropes this year and trying to find out where he fits in. Will have a better understanding with a year under his belt.

"Q"-Has shown signs that he is beginning to develop into a very servicable, athletic player.

Jamal-????

Wyatt-Veteran player who has talent but rarely displays it.

Anyhow, I don't think youth will be much of a factor next year. The freshmen coming in are going to have the luxury that Jamar, Levi, Iati and Martin did not...........that is they can be brought along slowly, they will not have the pressure of having to play 35-40 MPG, when they make a mistake the coaching staff will be able to sit them down right away and "coach" them immediately, not on the bus on the way home or in practice the next day.

I understand that we are not senior laden but I think experience and minutes played make our "young" players older and wiser than their years.

I

UAalum72 - DOWNTOWN

No matter how we view it we will be much stronger next year!!!!

This year we have no one who can create for themselves - it's not a knock it's a fact.

Next year we have 2 very good players who are proven( both were All Conference selections) they can create off the dribble and also get to the free throw line. That means less problems with the shot clock and more pressure on the oppositions "D".

With the "Big Guy" we should have a presence inside which we have never had at the DI level. He should cut down on the amount of garbage baskets we yield and increase the number of garbage hoops we get. Just by his presence he should be able to defensively impact games and alter shots.

With Levi and Iati as the offenses 3rd and 4th options they should both flourish, play less minutes and probably produce as much or more while expending less energy.

With a bench full of scholarship level talent we should be able to have many options both offensively and defensively which we do not have now.

Sure there may be some rust and chemistry needs that have to be adressed but those problems are much easier to handle than the current problems faced by a very hard working group of athletes and coaches.

Who knows what the freshman will bring to the table - if they are as good as past recruits and we bat .500 (that's what the staff seems to be batting in the recruiting league) that means that we'll have atleast 2 real good players to add to the mix.

We could be good and be young at the same time.

Edited by Patch

Next year, Brown will be in year 3 of a 4 year contract so he has to deliver (will have the same kids in year 4). Also, he has said several times this year that next year they will be all his recruits and that they will be good next year and for years to come.

They will finish above 500 next year - they will have too much talent not to do so. I've said this before, but UA has enough talent in street clothes today to be a top tier team - above 500 without any of the freshmen coming in. Anything less than 500 would be extremely disappointing.

reeder

I am in total agreement with you but.........

Isn't it interesting though, that the fans of a DI program that has never won 10 DI games in a season are willing to say anything less the 13 or 14 wins next year is a disappointment.

Hey, I'm with you. In fact I believe with a healthy Jamar we would be just about .500 now.

Colgate, LIU, Sacred Heart, Wagner, UMBC and Maine were all very winnable with Jamar if we win 4 or 5 of them we are sitting at 7-8 or 8-7.

I think that the thought process that most of us are going through prove the competence of the UA Staff. In actuality they will have built a new program in three years.

All the previous time seems to have been a wasted.

Edited by Patch