UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Fans are Hilarious and Condescending!

I think the talent will be there for UA to compete for the league title, although it's never easy to lose a guy like Jamar. Their biggest advantage will be the relatively weak conference. - notomo

Will someone please tell the Siena Fans to get out of the past and get into the present - the AE has outranked the MAAC in RPI 2 of the Past 3 seasons.

Season AE MAAC

06/07 20 -23

05/06 27-14

04/05 16-22

I would agree that at one time the MAAC was considered a stronger league but that is HISTORY. Presently according to the RPI the AE has proven to be the stronger league 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Siena has padded its schedule this year with 290+ RPI wins (7 of there 18 wins)

By the way over the past three seasons UA is 54-35 while Siena is 39-48.

Someone get the smelling salts for the delusional Saint Fans.

I will just add that I had a great time last weekend on campus at Marist watching Siena lose in OT to the Red Foxes. Looking forward to another LCC loss on Saturday or Sunday.

My take on the Siena vs. Marist game, now that we're talking about Siena ("LCC" or "Loudenville Area Technical College") and its fans: LCC does have some great athletes in Hasbrouke (sp?) and Ubiles (Ubiles had a SWEET rebound/dunk in the game against Marist), but I was not impressed with the team defense for Marist or LCC. As far as Marist goes, they have little offense other than Jordan and the 3-point shot. Even their 7-foot center, Smith, does nothing but shoot 3-point shots (once in awhile, you will see him attempt to post up and, as a result, get called for traveling; though Smith played much better in the second half against Siena ... when he hustled that is). Of course, Jordan is great at penetrating and then dishing to someone for an open shot. That is how they make their "money." But if Marist goes even mildly cold from the three-point arch, they are extremely beatable. I actually thought LCC had superior athletes as compared to Marist and was probably a better basketball team than Marist overall, but when a team shoots the "3" like Marist does, hey, all the more power to them! I would love to see a Marist vs. UAlbany matchup. Too bad they didn't schedule one another this year ... .

On another note, is everyone aware of the Big Ten vs. ACC Challenge that goes on every year? How cool would it be to have a America East vs. MAAC Challenge? Anything like this possible ever? Thoughts?

UA let's be somewhat objective here. Everyone that watched the Siena/Marist game thought it was a great college basketball game between two talented teams.

BTW, SUNY's RPI 89??? and Siena's in the 160's??? What RPI site are you looking at?

Real Time RPI (it is the RPI rating the NCAA uses...but updated in Real Time).

Albany is now 88, Vermont 75....Siena....163.

AE is 20....MAAC lags behind.

Your welcome. Thanks for the article. When you lose only 9 games, you remember them all, so I didnt need the link. It is only when you get in double digit losses and play in a weaker conference, you tend to reach for historical arguments. That is why I offered an answer to your question. In fact, I dont remember asking for an update on the Albany-Siena game...yet you did ask for the RPI LINK.

Now...you can go back to your TV dinner and Siena scrapbook.

realtime RPI for Siena is off, they have Siena transcribed with some other team. They have Siena 20-11.. and of course Siena is 18-11 Check out College RPI By far the best RPI service Siena is 138 not 163. The AE is 20th ranked conference not sure where Patch is getting 16.

On another note I have to eat a little crow here, I said a few weeks ago Albany had no chance at a NIT bid, at the time Albany was around 108 in the RPI, with a current RPI of 96 Albany does have a outside shot at a NIT bid if they can make the finals of the AE tournament. Albany needs to get the RPI down near 80 , anything in the low 80’s Albany would be a bubble team. Here is a excellent website with NIT info if you guys want to keep track of what is going on

http://tcaa.puretecmo.com/nit06.html

Tony thanks for the info on Siena's RPI and "Good Luck" (seriously) in the MAAC Tourney.

But can Siena people read?

I know Siena fans can argue with factless statements or by twisting the facts to meet their needs.

I also know Siena fans have to live in the last century or rely on the possibilities of the future for possible enjoyment.

But I assumed someone of your high stature in the Siena community could atleast read, if you their fearless leader can't read what should I think of your followers?????

....The AE is 20th ranked conference not sure where Patch is getting 16..- Siena Tony
Take a few moments and read my post..... I tried to help you out by highlighting where my reference to the 16 RPI ranking. 04/05 is not this year, I'm sure Siena must have fond memories of that year.

I think the talent will be there for UA to compete for the league title, although it's never easy to lose a guy like Jamar. Their biggest advantage will be the relatively weak conference. - notomo

Will someone please tell the Siena Fans to get out of the past and get into the present - the AE has outranked the MAAC in RPI 2 of the Past 3 seasons.

Season AE MAAC

06/07 20 -23

05/06 27-14

04/05 16-22

I would agree that at one time the MAAC was considered a stronger league but that is HISTORY. Presently according to the RPI the AE has proven to be the stronger league 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Siena has padded its schedule this year with 290+ RPI wins (7 of there 18 wins)

By the way over the past three seasons UA is 54-35 while Siena is 39-48.

Someone get the smelling salts for the delusional Saint Fans.

Enough said - I just stated the straight facts with no bias.

Hasn't anything happened with Loudonville sports in the last 3 months. What happened to that NIT bid you were talking about last week. I posted at that time I didn't care if LCC finished 3rd, 4th of 5th. Which of those did LCC end up finishinged in.

As far as LCC-Marist being a great game. I had no problem with the part I saw. Once it reached noon when real sports traditionally start on Saturdays, the LCC-Marist game became the 3rd best game on the ESPN family of networks. The only part of the game I saw was the OT while the Albany game was in halftime and the Syracuse game was at half time.

BTW, when the saints beat the number 1 team in the nation in any sport let me know. Better yet when LCC is ranked in the top 10 in any sport , let me know.

After all, 1 of your funnier posts mentioned you could talk about any sport.

I actually thought Tony's was a good post.....don't judge every Siena fan by that idiot saints73. I watched the Siena game and for what it's worth I thought it was a great game....I don't know thats just me.

Tony, good luck in Bridgeport!

I am not saying the 3rd best game on ESPN from noon to 1 (LCC- Marist game )wasn't a good game. But when the 2nd half of it is going up against an Albany game in any sport plus a Syracuse game, I have no interest in watching the LCC game.

Archived