UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Chancellor Ryan to leave SUNY

ATL_DANE

Good riddance to Adm. Ryan, he was a tool when he was the interim at UA.

Let's hope that they tap another advocate for public education for the post.

You have to wonder if this ‘surprise’ is on the heels of all the problems at Stony Brook…

Hmmmm.

SSS!

That was a dumb ass remark...and you dont know HOW MUCH he HELPED the Dane athletic program.

THIS MAN WAS THE BIGGEST PROPONENT OF THE STADIUM. We had a state official (Ryan) in our backpocket. He oversaw the upgrades at Marine Corps stadium (or whatever it was at Navy) and envisioned an overall athletic program for the Danes.

Jon...not sure what you are alluding too...but he WAS VERY POPULAR AT UA, among students and faculty.

Who knows WHAT this does to the stadium plans.

I never claimed to speak for students, faculty or alumni. Will all respect due to his rank and title the 3 interactions that I had with him left me with that impression. I found him to be full of dung, self-interested and his man of the people shtick to be shameless. He had one thing in mind when he stepped foot on campus, advancing into the chancellor's post like the Governor promised him. I think that he would have agreed to have UA take over a third world nation if he felt he could curry favor by doing so.

Again, I speak for no one but myself. I represent no organizations, special interests, etc; it's just my opinion and yes, I know that opinions are like anuses, everyone has one and they all stink.

Now, I forget that I live down here and that I have been seeing the cover of Newsday everyday for the past month. For those of you that asked for the explanation for the second time in about 10 years there were a string of deaths on the Pediatric service resulting from medication errors. The sitting President of the SeaWolve campus is responsible for the operation of the Hospital as well. She (Pres. Strum) has also been accused of ethics violations by serving on the board of CA and making decisions about partnering with CA on campus projects. Either way she has been a lighting rod in an electrical storm as of late and that makes me wonder if Adm. Ryan is getting out while the getting is good.

Stony Brook president defends dual roles

Stony Brook panel members may have had conflict

Archived