UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Glass Slipper

i have them in the Sweet 16 in my early brackets. You want to here the bad part of this story. My entire dad's side of the family has been Tennessee fans. I have been raised to love the Big Orange as much as I love Purple and Gold. Now a potential 2nd round game between the two. I'm gonna lose my mind.

Not only did the guys at CBS acknowledge us but a lot of other media outlets are taking notice.

Excellent seeding for the Danes; it really could not have gone much better.

My one beef today though is with Rece Davis of the Egregiously Self-Promoting Network, who referred to UAlbany as the "Greyhounds".....I sure do wish he could buy a clue.

Not only did the guys at CBS acknowledge us but a lot of other media outlets are taking notice.

Excellent seeding for the Danes; it really could not have gone much better.

My one beef today though is with Rece Davis of the Egregiously Self-Promoting Network, who referred to UAlbany as the "Greyhounds".....I sure do wish he could buy a clue.

ESPN.com refers to them as the Scoobies - who started that?

i have them in the Sweet 16 in my early brackets. You want to here the bad part of this story. My entire dad's side of the family has been Tennessee fans. I have been raised to love the Big Orange as much as I love Purple and Gold. Now a potential 2nd round game between the two. I'm gonna lose my mind.

This is sort of how I feel about the Virginia game. I am a UAlbany fan, I want us to win,,,but, I have been a Virginia fan since I was a kid, going back to the likes of Wally Walker, Gus Gerard, Coach Holland and the 1976 ACC Championship, and then the Sampson years . I never thought I would see UA play UVA--but it's gonna happen! This is not even a close call---Go Danes!!--My Orange and Blue will be put away, Purple and gold will be the attire on friday!

Going to the tournament will help us once again in recruiting. The program is now proving in very loud terms that 2006's appearance is not a mere fluke. It might happen yet a third or fourth time. This appearance will help us continue to compete very favorably for future players against our greatest opponents.

Imagine the credibility that Coach Brown now has with future and past recruits. He can get the job done. I'm just thrilled that athletes like Mike Yocum, who sat probably spellbound last year in the Philadelphia audience, now have a chance to step out on the NCAA tournament floor.

Somebody called us Scoobies on the AGS board about 20 minutes after I posted with the Great Dane avatar. Must be easy, tho I'd prefer Marmaduke.

Progress - the bracket in the T-U lists us as UAlbany, ESPN and Yahoo! brackets just say Albany - not a "(N.Y.)" in sight.

(But wherever the guy doing the pool at my office got his bracket, it says "Albany St.".)

Getting our name straight amongst ourselves would be a nice start. I've heard alumni refer to us as Albany, UAlbany, SUNY Albany and Albany State. At least no one is referring to us as Normal School at Albany circa 1844. If we can't figure it out, how can anyone else?

Go Sunny Albany! (Joking)

Names aside, this is HUGE for our program and school. It would be nice if prospective students see all this success and we become the state school of choice for New York. Much like the campuses in Madison, Austin, Amherst or Stoors. Simple supply and demand. There are only so many seats at the school and everyone loves a winner.

Archived