UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown to Interview at St Bonaventure

Soup is nothing but a Siena hating troll. Believe nothing that he says. He is full of crap and knows nothing about Siena basketball.

Soup is a Siena fan---isn't he? Honestly, I don't think the McCaffrey factor will enter into any discussions Coach Brown has with Dr. McElroy.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soup is nothing but a Siena hating troll. Believe nothing that he says. He is full of crap and knows nothing about Siena basketball

Soup calling St. Bonnie "high mid-major" is all you need to know about the guy. Butler, So. IIIinois, Creighton are HIGH MID-MAJOR. SBU is bordering on low-major.

McCaffery is making around 250K.

There is no such thing as a Siena hating troll.

I have seen enough of Soup's posts to know he is a Siena fan.

I didn't see his post about calling St Bonnia a high major. If he said that he made a mistake. But , it is not like your posts are ever off the wall.

Lastly, I really don't care what McCaffery makes. Siena is becoming less relevant each season as Albany accomplishes more things like back to back NCAA tournaments that Siena has never accomplished.

Soup is nothing but a Siena hating troll. Believe nothing that he says. He is full of crap and knows nothing about Siena basketball.

Soup calling St. Bonnie "high mid-major" is all you need to know about the guy. Butler, So. IIIinois, Creighton are HIGH MID-MAJOR. SBU is bordering on low-major.

McCaffery is making around 250K.

Where did I cal St. Bonaventure a "high mid-major"?

Show me Fran's contract.

Just caught the end of Wyland's radio show and it seems no news out of Albany.

In this case "No News is not Good News".

This may be true, but again, dont fret yet.

McElroy probably offered, Brown countered and told him what he wants, both sides will probably sleep on it.

Pretty typical.

Now, if there was a news conference scheduled for the afternoon or early morning for tomorrow at St. B's...I would be more worried.

Since Will has not yet been offered the Bonnie job, there was less for Will and McElroy to talk about at their meeting this a.m. When /if Will has a concrete offer in hand, the ball will be in McElroy's court to see if he can "match up"( McElroy was quoted in the TU as saying "we have an ability to match up" if Will has another offer).

Seems like pretty good news on the TU blog. St. Bonaventure hasn't made an offer and Coach Brown and Dr. McElroy are going to talk about a reward for this season later in the week. Hopefully things can get back to business.

I though we were going to get a visit from a JUCO guard for this year sometime soon. I'd guess that would go smoother if all of this is cleared up first.

Seems like pretty good news on the TU blog. St. Bonaventure hasn't made an offer and Coach Brown and Dr. McElroy are going to talk about a reward for this season later in the week. Hopefully things can get back to business.

I though we were going to get a visit from a JUCO guard for this year sometime soon. I'd guess that would go smoother if all of this is cleared up first.

DP,

Do you know the name of the JUCO? Or is this something you've heard but the visit isn't confirmed?

From all of the information I have gleaned----There has not been an offer from St. Bona to Will Brown. The top candidates are Matt Brady and UConn assistant Tom Moore. Supposedly, Quinnipiac and South Florida are also interested in Moore.

The St. Bona job is down to Brady and Moore. Both interviewed over the weekend. Moore has also interviewed at Quinnipiac .

From all of the information I have gleaned----There has not been an offer from St. Bona to Will Brown. The top candidates are Matt Brady and UConn assistant Tom Moore. Supposedly, Quinnipiac and South Florida are also interested in Moore.

The St. Bona job is down to Brady and Moore. Both interviewed over the weekend. Moore has also interviewed at Quinnipiac .

That blog article is spot on.

Fact is, Brown is going to move on one day and we will all have to wish him well. Just as Doc was at once thought to be irreplaceable, we will think the same of Will. TO A MAJOR DEGREE, they are both irreplaceable. However, as the program grows we will be attractive.

Brown has earned a raise...and encouraging to all is that McElroy has NOW PUBLICALLY STATED SO!

McElroy is no dummy...and he realizes what he has. Additionally, he knows the Final Four is a "job interview" hot bed. His statements about giving Will a raise PRIOR to the trip to the Final Four is great. It means Will can leave with a clear mind on his worth to the school...and the future direction of the program.

The fact that the men spent two and half hours together...is FABULOUS!!! Boss and employee aside, a 2 1/2 hour meeting is a rather long one.

There is no doubt schools will pursue Will at the Final Four...but now he will be able to balance these offers a lot better in his head.

Congrats to Jamar!!!!!

But is Singelais getting frustrated.......

Some UAlbany news for those of you sick of the St. Bonaventure coaching search, courtesy of the sports information department:

University at Albany’s Jamar Wilson has been named to The Associated Press’ Division I All-America Basketball Team. Wilson, a 6-foot-1 senior, was chosen in the honorable mention category for the second straight year.

Singelais can't get the scoop but 4,000+ hits on this thread prove the fans are very interested in what's going on!

Archived