UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

$275,000

I know all eyes and ears have been fixated mainly on St. Bonaventure, but wouldn't it be good negotiating strategy for Coach Brown to hold off on a decision until after he's returned from the coaches enclave at the NCAA tourney ? You never know what other institution might be there casting about for a new coach.

On the other side, if Brown elects to stay at UA I hope there'll be some more provision in the new/revised agreement so that every time a coaching vacancy comes up there won't be more speculation (at least for awhile)

I doubt that Coach Brown has an unlimited amount of time to consider the Bonnies offer. If he turns them down they will need to find more candidates and the Final Four is the perfect opportunity for that.

I agree, I think a decision should be made, either way, before the Final Four "Convention," since the Final Four appears to be essentially a coaches' job fair. That way, either UA or St. B. can accordingly procede with their duties at the Final Four. I also agree, however, that from Coach's persepctive, it might be good to be afforded the opportunity to test the waters at the Final Four. You never know, maybe Kentucky or Michigan will come calling! :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to surmise but having been involved in business and personal/career negotiations for now into my 6th decade...here's where I would suggest things could very well be at the moment:

A. UA could not meet the $275 K demand but the U-A offer is not chopped liver either..and

B. He really doesn't want to go to SBU

Unfortunately....the clock is ticking and he is most likely running out of options....and by virtue of timing he now must either accept less than he perhaps wanted from U-A or he puts it all on the line and goes to SBU...

Don't want to surmise but having been involved in business and personal/career negotiations for now into my 6th decade...here's where I would suggest things could very well be at the moment:

A. UA could not meet the $275 K demand but the U-A offer is not chopped liver either..and

Unfortunately....the clock is ticking and he is most likely running out of options....and by virtue of timing he now must either accept less than he perhaps wanted from U-A or he puts it all on the line and goes to SBU...

I would say...DING DING! We have a winner folks.

Is this going to turn into one of those Kennedy assassination things where everybody will be able to recall exactly where they were when they heard the news?

yeah--like the Challenger exploding on launch or where you were at 9:00 am on 9/11/01.

I would say...DING DING! We have a winner folks.

The last line of Singelais" blog entry tells the story. If UA admin. matched Will's demands, there's nothing for Will to think about. If UA offer wasn't close, Will would give a fond fairwell, and be off to Olean for press conf. Either way, this should be wrapped up today with announcement tomorrow.

I gotta leave work and go to school for a night class. The anticipation is killing me though, any chance someone would be willing to text me on my cell if something were to break? PM me if you have the capability and wouldn't mind.

Something like coach is going or coach is staying would be enough for me.

[b]We[/b] better not have to do this again next year if he decide to stay! - bosiydid

Who is we, are you part of the administration?

Good to know where you stand.

I guess this is all "his" fault.

Why don't you sit back "wait and watch"?

It takes to to Tango!!!

There may be alot more to this than meets the eye.

[b]We[/b] better not have to do this again next year if he decide to stay! - bosiydid

Who is we, are you part of the administration?

Good to know where you stand.

I guess this is all "his" fault.

Why don't you sit back "wait and watch"?

It takes to to Tango!!!

There may be alot more to this than meets the eye.

Patch, why don't you slow your roll. I was merely saying that hopefully "we" as in community don't have to go through the....is he staying or going situation again for a while. I've stated a bunch of times that he is underpaid but that doesn't mean I want to next year watch this play out again. It's not anyones fault in particular just the nature of the bussiness, so why don't you try to calm down a little instead of flying off the handle every time you perceive a slight against coach Brown. My God!!!!

Is this going to turn into one of those Kennedy assassination things where everybody will be able to recall exactly where they were when they heard the news?

yeah--like the Challenger exploding on launch or where you were at 9:00 am on 9/11/01.

I was at the Teamo bodega on the corner of Knapp Street and Ave. Y in Brooklyn....we proceeded to pick my sister up and go home to watch the news. My mom thought it was impt. enough. I was in 6th grade...and thought it was cool to go back to my elementary school as the big man that day. Not until I got home did i realize what really happened.

Take this for what it's worth

Bob Weiner - Daily Gazette beat writer covering UAlbany Athletics on Dan Murphy radio show

Meeting going on right now

Believes that 75% chance Brown stays

Stays Albany apparently coming up with competitive offer that will keep Coach in Albany

Qoute,"numbers not thought possible a couple years ago."

BTW - Weiner is usually very conservative in his reporting, not one for hyperbole

Weiner also said the alumni and fan base (I guess that's us) has been increasingly vocal in its support for Brown.

The 75%-he-stays contrasts with the 85%-he's-gone that Weiner thought this morning.

Will really would prefer to stay, if the contract value is only close to Bonnie's

Archived