UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BROWN STAYING

Good for Will and his family.

With apologies to the denizens of Cattaraugus County and to Sir Elton John, I imagine at some point in their visit to Olean that one of the Browns turned to the other and remarked that "Olean ain't the kind of place to raise your kids. In fact it's cold as hell."

Good for Will and his family.

With apologies to the denizens of Cattaraugus County and to Sir Elton John, I imagine at some point in their visit to Olean that one of the Browns turned to the other and remarked that "Olean ain't the kind of place to raise your kids. In fact it's cold as hell."

All I gots to say is HA! "Thats a good one"! :rolleyes:

Glad to see things worked out. Now this either way this was going to make next years game in Oleans very intresting.

Just woke up and heard the news! Great job to all! I can't wait to travel out to Olean for that game next season. Sounds like a neat place to watch a game. I'll have to try those chicken subs in Olean that Haggyland raved about!

I'm excited for next season. I think we have a very solid, young frontcourt and a very deep team overall (11 players returning, I believe). I think we absolutely can make a strong run for, and win, the league title next year. Hopefully those season tickets will become available sooner rather than later!! And I'm counting down the days to the Siena game ... .

UA_MA_2000,

You woke up at 4 am to check the news?! Wow! I'm impressed.

I very much like your point about who and what is returning next year. Yes, we lose Jamar. He will be very much missed. His contributions on and off the court will be difficult to make up, but he became the model for what this program means, and we will replace him with men who will have solid skills and character. The future looks great for UAlbany.

Sure, we will stumble at the beginning of the season. We always do. But the very effective way in which Brown deals with the material he has gives me no doubts whatsoever about the final product that will emerge. Neither here nor on other message boards does anyone give credit to Brown and his staff for making Jamar and Siggers into the players they became. now that we should have Brown and his staff for years to come, I look forward to continued progress in our program.

Thanks to everyone involved in achieving this resolution!

We have arrived. Coach Brown set it out ---to be in position to compete for an America East championship every season. which he has always said----But has added to his mantra--to become a mid-major power in the east, maybe nationally. and, to win a game(s) in the NCAA tournament.

Glad to see things worked out. Now this either way this was going to make next years game in Oleans very intresting.

Just woke up and heard the news! Great job to all! I can't wait to travel out to Olean for that game next season. Sounds like a neat place to watch a game. I'll have to try those chicken subs in Olean that Haggyland raved about!

I'm excited for next season. I think we have a very solid, young frontcourt and a very deep team overall (11 players returning, I believe). I think we absolutely can make a strong run for, and win, the league title next year. Hopefully those season tickets will become available sooner rather than later!! And I'm counting down the days to the Siena game ... .

UA_MA_2000,

You woke up at 4 am to check the news?! Wow! I'm impressed.

I very much like your point about who and what is returning next year. Yes, we lose Jamar. He will be very much missed. His contributions on and off the court will be difficult to make up, but he became the model for what this program means, and we will replace him with men who will have solid skills and character. The future looks great for UAlbany.

Sure, we will stumble at the beginning of the season. We always do. But the very effective way in which Brown deals with the material he has gives me no doubts whatsoever about the final product that will emerge. Neither here nor on other message boards does anyone give credit to Brown and his staff for making Jamar and Siggers into the players they became. now that we should have Brown and his staff for years to come, I look forward to continued progress in our program.

Thanks to everyone involved in achieving this resolution!

I agree! We have seen that some guys can already "light it up" scoring wise (i.e., Wilson, Iati), but I'm also very excited to see the offensive skills really emerge from guys like Lillis, Ross, Anderson, Gifford, Covington, Connelley, and the new guys coming in. Without Jamar and Jason in the lineup, I think this will really afford an oppotunity for the rest of the guys --- whether it be to necessity or simply opportunity --- to blossom as scorers. There are fun times ahead for us fans! And dare I say that our frontcourt has a chance to become what Vermont's was last year? Whether that is this year or next year, we have a solid frountcourt that is really going to give some teams headaches. With Wilson as a soon-to-be senior, no one in our frontcourt is beyond their sophmore year right now.

Now in the offseason, the time is ripe for alumni to step up and do what we can for the school and get ready to snatch up as many season tickets as we can come this summer.

[ great news last night!

I hope Brown and staff continue to lead the program in the right direction.

I was nervous on losing Coach but even more nervous on our freshman class next year.

Can't wait for baskeball next year after the Mets win the world series.

As a UAlbany fan, we know that great things/people come from the Bronx. (i.e., Jamar Wilson, Yankees). Go Yanks (*just teasing*)! :P

I think losing Jamar and Siggers could end up being addition by subtraction. I in no means want to knock what those two have done for us the past 5 and 2 years respectively. But there departure will force role players to step up which I think we have a lot more talent returning and coming in then what some people give us credit for.

Things could not have worked out better for the everyone invovled. The University demonstrates the seriousness of its commitment to build the hoop program, and Will gets a new deal that reflects his success and the changing market for Div. I head coaches. The timing was perfect for Will...1)he was the last and best option for SBU, which forced them to put forth their best offer; 2) the Broadus deal with Bing basically forced McElroy to offer Will well above the $205K Bing is paying for someone with no record of success as a DI head coach.

I'm especially happy for the recruits, Raffa in particular. Raffa was one of my biggest concerns about Will leaving. This kid is going to be fun to watch the next four years. Basically a scoring machine in HS, and he is always in ATTACK mode when he has the ball in his hands. Of course, there is always the question of whether freshman can quickly adapt to the college game. But Will says he was the second best point guard in NJ this year, other than Fisher from St. Patrick's, who is going to 'Nova. If the youtube clips mean anything, Raffa has the chance to be a special player in the AE, or at the very least, an entertaining one.

Congrats to Will, Dr. McElroy, and everyone else who helped to get this done. All's well that ends well.

Dear Coach Brown and Dr McElroy:

Coach, thank you on your loyalty and commitment to a team that you have built yourself; A team that has gone from being a laughing stock to a champion.

Thank you for listening to the fans and community, we appreciate and support everything you do for the UAlbany Mens Basketball team and look forward to many more years of success!

Enjoy your time in Atlanta!

Dr McElroy,

Thank you for your support of Coach Brown and the UAlbany Mens Basketball Coaching Staff. UAlbany has become a name in Mid major mens basketball and will now only continue to be stronger and better thanks to your support. I look forward to the continued success of the program that you helped to achieve by this support

Archived