UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

banquet?

Is the banquet to which you guys refer a private banquet, or is this something designed as a fundraiser and open to alumni/public (which would make sense if it appears on the website)? If so (open to public), that's pretty neat.

Whether or not the banquet qualifies as what I discuss next, I nonetheless think that it would be cool if the school put on a dinner-type event to raise money (i.e., $100/plate event, etc.) for the athletic program or the basketball program. Paying $100 for a semi-formal/formal all-you-can-eat fundraiser/dinner, irrespective of the sport, would get me there in a heartbeat. If I train, I could probably put down $75 worth of food ... . :unsure:

Is the banquet to which you guys refer a private banquet, or is this something designed as a fundraiser and open to alumni/public (which would make sense if it appears on the website)? If so (open to public), that's pretty neat.

Whether or not the banquet qualifies as what I discuss next, I nonetheless think that it would be cool if the school put on a dinner-type event to raise money (i.e., $100/plate event, etc.) for the athletic program or the basketball program. Paying $100 for a semi-formal/formal all-you-can-eat fundraiser/dinner, irrespective of the sport, would get me there in a heartbeat. If I train, I could probably put down $75 worth of food ... . :unsure:

Last year it was open to the public--It was at the Omni in downtown Albany--I believe it was around $30. open to all. highlights of the season were shown. The point of contact was Jeremy Friel of Coach Brown's staff.

• 2 weeks later...
Last year it was in early May --it should be coming up--it will probably be on the Athletic Dept. website.

I was told it is the evening of 5/5. Hopefully offical word will go out this week.

BTW, the AE lacrosse championship would be during the day.

Archived