UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Baseball Stadium

danes05

I think I kind of started the "overzealous" talk so I wanted to clarify that I was just kidding. I want UA to build the nicest athletic facilities within 100 miles. It would be great to make it a sporting destination. I'm just selfish and want the football stadium to be built before anything else happens.

The Football Stadium will be way before the baseball stadium. If everything falls into place you may see the baseball stadium in the next 5-10

• 3 weeks later...
Read on another board that 3,000 seats is the minimum required by the NCAA to host an NCAA baseball regional. Just another benchmark for the planners to keep in mind.

I would also assume lights are needed to host.

Also teams from the north have very rarley hosted in the time I have been following baseball, last 20 years.

And sometimes teams host in a minor league park instead of their own. That is the case this year with Coastal Carolina.

Read on another board that 3,000 seats is the minimum required by the NCAA to host an NCAA baseball regional. Just another benchmark for the planners to keep in mind.

Also teams from the north have very rarley hosted in the time I have been following baseball, last 20 years.

And sometimes teams host in a minor league park instead of their own. That is the case this year with Coastal Carolina.

Unless I am completely mistaken, Maine, St. John's, one of the IVY's (I forget), and Rutgers have hosted...I could be wrong.

Unless I am completely mistaken, Maine, St. John's, one of the IVY's (I forget), and Rutgers have hosted...I could be wrong.

You are probably right, about those teams hosting at one time or another. But I think it has been a while since Maine has hosted and lately we have been lucky if 1 of the 16 regionals have been in the northeast. More times than not lately the closet regional to here has been in Virginia or North Carolina.

Anyway, I am not trying to be down on a baseball stadium but I think it is more important to have lights so we could host the AE tournament whenever UA earns that than it is to worry about being a possible regional host with at this time is unfortunately a longshot.

Its part of the 2010 master plan, it is either phase three, four or five. I do recall that phase one was the lacross and field hockey fields and phase two is the football stadium.

"Phase 3, profit!" Sorry, couldn't resist the quote from Southpark.

Maine last hosted an NCAA Regional in 1991 when it hosted Clemson, Mississippi State, Villanova, Towson and Princeton. At the time, I believe that there were eight 6-team Regionals. I'm pretty sure that there was only 1 other Regional in the Northeast (a minor league park in Connecticut) since then.

Archived