UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

They way it looks, there will be four, possibly all five, playoff teams.

Right now they rank in the AGS poll as follows:

4. Massachusetts 7-1 (only loss to Boston College...close too)

7. New Hampshire 6-2

8. Delaware 7-1 (Just beat Navy)

21. Hofstra 6-2

26. Fordham 6-2

This could get ugly. However if the NEC gets an auto-bid next year we'll know what are chances are.

Fordham is the only home game by the way.

So once again we will have only have four home games. Still think its a bad idea to get some temporary bleachers until the stadium is built? You do realize that our team is a distinct disadvantage when they have to travel 7 out of 11 games during the season.

We need bleachers stretching all the way across the visitors side and maybe even the end zone as well. Giving the impression of a stadium, even though.........

I would even go to some softball and baseball games if seating was a little bit better than a little league game. Add some temp seats already.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy *&%$#! That is like Murderers' Row.

I would guess from that list of schools on the schedule that we are most likely looking for a move into the CAA sometime in the not too distant future.

I concur...HOLY CRAPOLA!

GET US A STADIUM ALREADY!!!

Fordham is the only home game by the way.

So once again we will have only have four home games. Still think its a bad idea to get some temporary bleachers until the stadium is built? You do realize that our team is a distinct disadvantage when they have to travel 7 out of 11 games during the season.

Should be five home games - Fordham, plus league games vs. Wagner, St. Francis, Monmouth, and CCSU, unless the NEC changes the rotation with Duquesne added to the schedule.

right. I forgot about Duquesne

they will probably just throw Duquense right in where SBU left, but there will probably need to be some adjustments because there is no way a team should have to travel to all three PA schools in one year. I'm not sure if any teams have to travel to both RMU and St. Francis right now.

Right now they rank in the AGS poll as follows:

4. Massachusetts 7-1 (only loss to Boston College...close too)

7. New Hampshire 6-2 (beat Marshall)

8. Delaware 7-1 (Just beat Navy)

21. Hofstra 6-2

26. Fordham 6-2

I love it! As Dr McElroy said himself, we need to "raise the ante". A solid schedule with good results and a new stadium... we are very attractive to premier conferences looking to expand.

Eyes on the prize baby.

I think this is foolhardy! UMASS and Delaware will lay the wood to us at this point! How much are we getting. Fordham is gonna be tough and Hofstra is Hofstra. There is a solid chance we go 1-4 or 0-5 in this stretch. 2 wins would be out of hand!

There sure as hell better be a plan in place! You know like 45 scholarships. I like the schedule if it were 2009 or 2010. I like the schedule even better if there is a NEW CONFERENCE to play in!

This just doesn't make any sense to do this armed with 30 scholarships. If you want to play at this level then spend the $ and do it correctly.

We probably are not making a ton of money here. With the exception of Delaware, these schools are not like Montana. UNH averages about 8 or 9,000 a game and UMass can get up in the 15,000 range, but nothing more than that.

They are not going to be huge pay outs, if anything at all.

It seems more like we are making ourselves attractive for a new conference, then anything else.

I love it! As Dr McElroy said himself, we need to "raise the ante". A solid schedule with good results and a new stadium... we are very attractive to premier conferences looking to expand.

Eyes on the prize baby.

Thinking big is the only way to make it big.. Totally agree with Mr. Dane in Atlanta..

A standing ovation after the Montana game from the huge crowd... I think that's a testiment to what UAlbany football has become... and with more experience with top notch programs, the more we know what we need to do and get.

And this may very well be a way to change conferences, or for the UAlbany program to increase its scholarships through the NEC by making a big statement. If the NEC wants to keep quality programs within the football conference, it better start making decisions to increase the scholarships soon.

The only info I have on the 08 schedule is that the game with Delaware is 9/27/08 according to Delaware's website.

Bob, Not sure if you read the first page of the thread where Coach Ford was quoted.

That's what all the discussion is about.

So taken from the top:

at Umass

Fordham

at UNH

at Hofstra

at Delaware

Skatter in the following:

at RMU

CCSU

Monmouth

at Sacred Heart

St. Francis (probably Homecoming)

Wagner

Unsure whether we would be at Duquense or home. If they take the place of SBU, we would be at Duquense. If not, we would get 6 home games which would be nice.

The only info I have on the 08 schedule is that the game with Delaware is 9/27/08 according to Delaware's website.

Bob, Not sure if you read the first page of the thread where Coach Ford was quoted.

That's what all the discussion is about.

I didn't see Coach Ford's quote and I see where someone posted a schedule with that includes Delaware. I didn't see a date posted so I added it.

I'll worry more about the schedule after this season is over, but I like UA playing teams like Delaware, UMass, UNH, etc.

I agree with BOT Hayden's can do attitude:

-------------

Quote:

At the core of his priorities, Hayden said, is "declaring our intention to make the State University of New York the finest public institution in the United States and one of the best in the world.

"People have been reluctant to do that because they say it's not realistic. My position is you will never do it unless you're willing to say it out loud."

------------

Athletics is no different. UA should say it out loud. We want to be the best FCS team. Period.

I'm not a big fan of Computer based ranking systems, but for what it's worth the new Sagarin rankings have us at #44 in FCS and 156 overall in Division I.

FBS (IA) teams ranked below us:

Northern Illinois

Louisiana-Lafayette

Idaho

Utah State

SMU

Fla. International

Rice

North Texas

The NEC if the 15th ranked FCS conference....which is poor.

I'm not a big fan of Computer based ranking systems, but for what it's worth the new Sagarin rankings have us at #44 in FCS and 156 overall in Division I.

I was looking at the rankings on RealTimeRPI the other day and the rankings had me a little puzzled, so I will defer to the more knowledgable posters.

I have always believed that a partial scholly FCS would get trounced by a full scholly BCS team, but these rankings seen to suggest otherwise.

For the more versed, is there any way UAlbany would currently beat a full scholly BCS school, no matter how bad they are?

Archived