UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It's finally here....

A couple of things surprised reading Mark Singelis blog about the point totals. Tim Ambrose was the leading scorer with 10 and Turley only had 3 points. Turley seemed pretty active when he was in, I would be curious to know how many rebounds he had. By my count Ambrose had five steals which I'm pretty sure was where he got most of his points.

I was glad Coach Brown pointed out the team had a three hour practice in the morning before the scrimmage. The freshman looked noticibly tired while I thought the vetrans hid their fatigue pretty well.

Of the newcomers Hastings was the most impressive right off the bat which makes sense because he has more experience. It seems like he lived on the free throw line in the first half - love the way he attacks the basket. He seemed to be all over the court as well, blocking shots and rebounding.

Josh Martin had a couple of nice drives to the hoop. I liked the way he handled himself post game as well. He seems like he's going to be a fun player to watch for four years.

Turley was a better basketball player than I expected. I was impressed with his size but thought he did a great job passing out of double-teams and finding the open guy. He's going to be tough to handle for a lot of team in our conference. I pity whoever has to guard him every day in practice.

Ambrose looked tired at times yet still was the leading scorer. He had a tough matchup with Hastings on him who has to be six inches taller and quick.

Reid Anderson looked much bigger than last year. He has every element to his game, he can shoot from the outside and drive inside and shoot over people. Gifford looked much better, really comfortable - five points and what seemed like a lot of rebounds.

My probably completely wrong guess at a starting five:

Lillis

Ambrose

Hastings

Wilson

Gifford

Archived