UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lehigh vs. UAlbany

I found my lucky t-shirt!!! Just so you know, this t-shirt I got when I was a frosh. It is wore down and stuff. But In 2005 I wore it to the final home game (against UMBC) and said I would start wearing it to games I was not broadcasting...I am 13-3 when I wear the shirt. I think it is time to revive it!

New role causing Connelly to adjust - Times-Union

Also, Mark McGuire critiques area college BB fans

Real fans are the clever kind. Albany's at the end of the column, he's wondering if the fans will keep coming if the team stumbles.

Dane women lose to LaSalle despite outrebounding them 42-35. LaSalle radio thought Danes would be in trouble if they ever got refs who called the game tight, even though (shocker) as it was Albany got called for 24 to LC's 14.

Gazette story says the team has been focusing on toughness in practice. Will pleased with the Columbia game, team finally bought into scoring 60 and winning being better than scoring 80 and losing.

It was coach's mistake to play Iati, Wilson and Connelly 30 min. vs. Bucknell. Don't expect anyone to play 30 right now. It's the way they practice, he doesn't play starters vs. subs. Coaches will have to keep track of minutes, get guys out if they need rest, get everyone in early to get a feel for the game.

Same starters tonight. Lehigh plays like Bucknell. No back-to-the-basket player, but Carrington and White crash the offensive boards and get garbage baskets. Otherwise they penetrate and kick out for threes.

How about a roll call for the Lehigh game? Anyone --- from the cohort of persons who usually go to our home contests --- not going tomorrow? Any insight into tickets that remain for the Lehigh game? I hope we can get some students there before they all disappear for Turkey-Day break.

With the possible exception of their game with Lafayette, students never attend Lehigh games anyway. I doubt if they'll have more than 1000 fans in the building unless UA brings in a lot of people.

How about a roll call for the Lehigh game? Anyone --- from the cohort of persons who usually go to our home contests --- not going tomorrow? Any insight into tickets that remain for the Lehigh game? I hope we can get some students there before they all disappear for Turkey-Day break.

With the possible exception of their game with Lafayette, students never attend Lehigh games anyway. I doubt if they'll have more than 1000 fans in the building unless UA brings in a lot of people.

bison,

The Lehigh game is a home game for us.

Same starters tonight. Lehigh plays like Bucknell. No back-to-the-basket player, but Carrington and White crash the offensive boards and get garbage baskets. Otherwise they penetrate and kick out for threes.

Lehigh plays very differently than Bucknell. To begin with, Carrington and White (plus Gourlay, their mediocre 7-footer) only have shooting range out to about 10 feet. Between the three of them, they have taken 1 three pointer in 6+ collective seasons and that was only due to the shot clock expiring. Only two will be in at a time and both will be fairly near the basket at all times unless they come out to set a screen. Bucknell, in contrast, has two big men (Behan and O'Brien) who are very good outside shooters. White, btw, is a great rebounder for Lehigh.

Also Bucknell plays a very strong matchup zone for significant periods of time while LU doesn't even have a matchup. Lehigh's pace of play is also much faster - combination of weaker defense and less patience on offense. Expect a much higher scoring game than the Bucknell game. If you shut down Marquis Hall, who is Lehigh's main weapon, then you will win.

OK, exact quote:

"Lehigh plays a little like Bucknell and Columbia. They like to shoot the three-pointer, and they do a good job of penetrating and kicking out for those threes. They really don't have a back-to-the-basket type of player, but they do have two very good inside players in Carrington and White, who are relentless off the offensive glass. They keep balls alive, and get a lot of garbage baskets off rebounds.

"For us to be successful, we've got to continue to defend the three-point shot and hit the boards."

OK, exact quote:

"Lehigh plays a little like Bucknell and Columbia. They like to shoot the three-pointer, and they do a good job of penetrating and kicking out for those threes. They really don't have a back-to-the-basket type of player, but they do have two very good inside players in Carrington and White, who are relentless off the offensive glass. They keep balls alive, and get a lot of garbage baskets off rebounds.

"For us to be successful, we've got to continue to defend the three-point shot and hit the boards."

Bison137....apologies.

I didnt have full information :)

No offense, but I think if Coach says they play the same...I am going with Coach. He scouts them up and down...and knows what he is getting.

I think is quote may have been taken out of context. I watched Lehigh play six full games last year, and many more the year before, and their style of play - both offensively and defensively - is VERY different from Bucknell. When Carrington and White are in together, it's true that they don't have a "back to the basket" center, but neither of those guys shoots from anywhere outside of the paint, so it's very different from guarding the Bucknell bigs (except for Linthicum). Gourlay, who has been playing more and more for Lehigh, is a back-to-the-basket post player, however. Just not a very good one. Also Lehigh has a very fast PG, who controls the ball and tries to break down the defense, which is very different from the Bucknell style of play.

Also Bucknell and Lehigh are completely different defensively, although it sounds like he was not really addressing the defensive side.

Archived