UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lehigh Postgame

All great observations on last night's game from every poster here, but the dunk . . .

Thanks to GODANESGO for posting those YouTube sequences!

I just love the slow motion and the camera angle. At first you are merely impressed as Ambrose jams it, but then he starts to sink, and how many seconds of slow motion elapse before he FINALLY reaches the ground again?!

Jamar has left UA, but his legacy lives on!

(Sorry for all the exclamation marks.)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was truly amazing about "The Dunk" in my mind is that there are many excellent athletes who can jump to the moon. But......

1. Tim is 5'11"

2. Tim weighs 220+

3. This occurred in a half court set - not on a fast break

The FOX News clip was great - forget about the dunk - look at the reactions of the guys on the bench.

I didn't even notice Tim until his head appeared above the crowd of bigger bodies around the hoop.

Do the math he's 5'11" the rim is at 10' in order to dunk it backwards two hands over your head you head has to be about rim level (go ahead try the motion). That's 49". It's well over go over 50" when you realize the ball has to go completely above the rim to get flushed down.

So we're talking about him jumping 40+ inches off the floor in a crowd to make that dunk.

WOW!!!

Another nice win for the Danes. At one point, I turned to Mrs. S-Money late in the second half and said, "Do you notice how we've pretty much held same lead all game? Before, we would have jumped out to a 20-point lead, only for it to evaporate to 4." That's the difference I notice in this year's team so far--consistency. Going ten or eleven deep, it looks like we may finally have a team that can consistently score and defend.

It was great to see Al Turley doing so well as a first-semester freshman. We were sitting behind the basket near the UAlbany bench, and Coach was clearly happy with Big Al and encouraging him during the time-outs.

We also had a great view of The Jam. It clear looked like a Iati airball before Ambrose came out of nowhere to set the matter straight. I attended Michigan during the Fab Five years, and Tim's dunk rivals any of the crazy stuff the Wolverines put up back then. Wowsers.

Lillis seems to have no bones about becoming a scorer, and I was impressed by Hastings as well. Gif looks like he's in better shape but still has a little ways to go. Looks like Connelly and Anderson still need to figure it out, but I'm pretty sure they will do so.

On a darker note, I got my Siena tickets. Row S?? I'm going to see if I can exchange them for something closer at the Sacred Heart game. This will be my first trip to the TUC. From what I've read from the other posters, I may bring binoculars.

Peace out,

S€

If anyone has a chance to hold on to a copy of today's Troy Record, I'd appreciate a copy of it. One of their photographer's snapped a picture from yesterday's game and asked for my name, so I'd assume a picture's in there.

It'd be nice to add to my little newspaper clippings UAlbany basketball collection. For some reason a bright yellow wig and a purple and yellow tie just seems to attract the camera lens..lol. :P

I can see it all coming now.

Last night seniors Lillis and Wilson combined for 31 points to lead the Danes in scoring. First of all, it was great to see Lillis seemingly get untracked in the scoring department. Most of us knew he had this ability, but he was often too reticent to show it to us. It was also great to see so many players getting on the scoreboard. We've heard so much all pre-season about this team's supposed depth, and it was certainly demonstrated last night against good opposition.

When this season is over and done with, our naysayers and doubters will all be hanging their heads and claiming that UA will drop off tremendously after 2009. You guys at UA will be losing your top two scorers, and you won't be able to make up the difference.

Have we ever heard this before?

Anyway, I'm really ready now to enjoy this season -- and next one, too.

I can see it all coming now.

Last night seniors Lillis and Wilson combined for 31 points to lead the Danes in scoring. First of all, it was great to see Lillis seemingly get untracked in the scoring department. Most of us knew he had this ability, but he was often too reticent to show it to us. It was also great to see so many players getting on the scoreboard. We've heard so much all pre-season about this team's supposed depth, and it was certainly demonstrated last night against good opposition.

When this season is over and done with, our naysayers and doubters will all be hanging their heads and claiming that UA will drop off tremendously after 2009. You guys at UA will be losing your top two scorers, and you won't be able to make up the difference.

Have we ever heard this before?

Anyway, I'm really ready now to enjoy this season -- and next one, too.

It happens at the end of every year....mostly from Siena fans. Ever year it's....wait 'till the season starts you'll fall of the face of the Earth. Glad to see that hasn't been the case, this year or any other year in recent memory where such predictions have been made.

Potentially this team could be very good but it's early in the season.

Brown promised that he would build a PROGRAM that would be able compete every year for a shot at an AE championship.

It's early but this team seems to fit into that mold.

I'm sure we'll hit a few bumps in the road along the way but........

Come AE Tourney time we will probably be a team no one will want to play in the opening round.

Archived