UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Needs a Better Deal From the Siena Game

OrangeDane,

Great balanced post.

One thought that has not been explored in this whole thread is sporadic attendance.

Here's an example. $iena fans like to brag about how many fans they draw to their events. They cite the 6,000+ who attended the Stanford game. I would like to know how many of that number can be labeled as more UA fans than $iena fans. I mean, I would certainly be interested in seeing a ranked team at a local venue. So which percentage of the 6,000 were really $iena fans, and how many just attended out of curiosity but have no relationship with $iena.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know exactly what sections (how many all together) were given to UAlbany?

From what I understand, only 1000 seats were given... is that correct?

Like i said before, I could give a rats cabooty about this game...

In a few years, we will be embarassingly dominant over Siena. And if they can't play fairly, then let's fill the slot with a

team that will give us QUALITY exposure on the national scene. This game does nothing for UAlbany whatsoever.

Siena has beaten Stanford and lost to Syracuse (by 8) and a top team in the Ivy, not to mention a decent CAA team on the road.

Who has Albany beaten? Lehigh? Columbia? Central Conn St? Sacred Heart? And lost to the one decent team they played in Bucknell.

Albany had it won several times? Maybe but the scoreboard said Siena 76 Albany 75 - that's ALL the matters.

MTS, you are a joke with your schedule comparison. Last year Cornell was a lousy team in your eyes because Albany beat them at Cornell and this year they are world beaters and the Ivy's best team because they are on the LCC schedule. If James Madison was on Albany's schedule they would be just another sub 200 team in your eyes, but since they are on the LCC schedule they are not the team picked number 278 , but a decent CAA team.

Why don't you take your nonsense back to LCC.

The bottom line is UA's schedule has been challenging enough the last 2 years to get Albany ready to win the NCAA bid out of the AE and Siena's was not good enough to prepare Siena adequately enough for the challenges of beating Niagara in March. Maybe they beat Niagara in the championship last year if they aren't playing NJIT in a home and home and other similar teams. We will never know.

MTS - Last I heard Siena ended their season last year by choking a game away to a team it crowed about beating two times (of course they beat them while they were shorthanded).

Meanwhile UA stepped up and beat a team that it had lost to twice and advanced to the NCAAs.

RPI Ranks

MAAC 2005 22 2006 14 2007 23

Siena 2005 297 2006 125 2007 128

AE 2005 16 2006 27 2007 20

UA 2005 195 2006 119 2007 78

MTS when will you realize that UA's body of work and the AE's body of work has been superior recently to Siena's and the MAAC's

UA has compiled a better RPI then Siena each of the last three seasons.

The AE as a Conference has had a better RPI 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Facts are facts - read em and weep!!!! I know you're not the sharpest tack in the box but even you should be sharp enough to understand these facts.

MTS - Last I heard Siena ended their season last year by choking a game away to a team it crowed about beating two times (of course they beat them while they were shorthanded).

Meanwhile UA stepped up and beat a team that it had lost to twice and advanced to the NCAAs.

RPI Ranks

MAAC 2005 22 2006 14 2007 23

Siena 2005 297 2006 125 2007 128

AE 2005 16 2006 27 2007 20

UA 2005 195 2006 119 2007 78

MTS when will you realize that UA's body of work and the AE's body of work has been superior recently to Siena's and the MAAC's

UA has compiled a better RPI then Siena each of the last three seasons.

The AE as a Conference has had a better RPI 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Facts are facts - read em and weep!!!! I know you're not the sharpest tack in the box but even you should be sharp enough to understand these facts.

I see resort to personal attack when you're being owned. NJIT,NJIT,NJIT - that's all Albany fans throw out to get Siena fans up in arms about schedule? Siena screwed up bigtime scheduling NJIT - you won't see it again.

Here's a question what quality OOC team has UAlbany ever beaten? A horrible Utah team last year? I'll say you had two decent wins OOC last year in Bucknell and Cornell (Cornell had a winning record last year and will win the Ivy and 20 games this year)

It's like I am in a layup line with you:

What quality teams have we beaten in our OOC? Enough to prepare us to win our conference and send us on to two NCAA trips the previous two seasons...while Siena contemplated how they can get their one trick pony athletic department back to the dance.

[

I see resort to personal attack when you're being owned. NJIT,NJIT,NJIT - that's all Albany fans throw out to get Siena fans up in arms about schedule? Siena screwed up bigtime scheduling NJIT - you won't see it again.

Here's a question what quality OOC team has UAlbany ever beaten? A horrible Utah team last year? I'll say you had two decent wins OOC last year in Bucknell and Cornell (Cornell had a winning record last year and will win the Ivy and 20 games this year)

MTS, I am sure the other 7 teams in the Ivy will be glad to know you already handed Cornell the league title before anyone even played a game. They might even concede now that the Great MTS has spoken. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You truly don't get it. No one has won any titles this season. It is November . As far as I know all teams are 0-0 in league play. Even the maac, one of the lowest leagues, doesn't have a conference game for another couple of weeks and most leagues start early January.

Archived