UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"Should the Series Continue?" Articles

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They ought to take a moment before the game Saturday and kiss the floor with sincere thanks to the UA faithful for putting asses in an otherwise hollow tomb.

By asses, of course, you mean their own fans coming to counter us.

You know what's funny? Siena has always been accused on having arrogant fans and some certainly are. However I have never seen a bunch of hating, jealous, arrogant fans then some on this board. What penis envy when it comes to Siena.

You...might be the king of all arrogant Siena fans.

You know what's funny? Siena has always been accused on having arrogant fans and some certainly are. However I have never seen a bunch of hating, jealous, arrogant fans then some on this board. What penis envy when it comes to Siena.

MTS, you want to see arrogance. Look at the level of success or lack of success that Siena has had this century and compare it to the fact that the majority of their fan base thinks they should always be the home team in a series against the only D1 basketball team in the area to go to back to back ncaa's instead of a home and home or an equal spilt of the tickets. Then you look at the fact that this fan base thinks they are the measuring stick for this NCAA team rather than the whole schedule , the conference championship or top 25 teams on the schedule over the last few years like Florida, UCLA, UConn, etc. Also you have some lunatic arrogant fans who still think UA would have finished 6th or 7th in the maac last season in spite of the fact that virtually every knowledgable source had Albany and the AE ranked higher than Siena and the maac. This included the most important being the NCAA selection committee , then maybe ESPN in the bracketbuster selection, and the coaches in the mid major coaches poll, etc, etc.

It is not a coidence that Siena FANS are the most hated in the maac also given their sucess compared to others.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention which schools AD was quoted in the paper this week as saying he though the contract was fair. I guess the arrogance starts at the top.

In response to Bob's rant...

5 out of 6.

Wager time. Whichever team loses cannot allow their fans on the other team's site for the next year.

Even with the MAAC officiating and season ticket Sienistas it might be worth it so we don't have to hear that garbage anymore.

Keep living off Stanford.

does someone know the average attendance figures of this game since it started back up a few years ago?

I don't feel like looking that up now. But you can get that infornation out of the box scores if it isn't summararized somewhere else. The box scores for the older seasons are under the following link.

http://www.albany.edu/sports/mens/basketball/history.htm

Bob, you're lazier than I thought.

Here they are:

UAlbany-Siena Series (since 2001)

Nov. 27, 2001: Siena 60, UAlbany 48 (Pepsi Arena) - 10,285

Nov. 22, 2002: Siena 79, UAlbany 75 (Pepsi Arena) - 11,672

Nov. 21, 2003: Siena 71, UAlbany 50 (Pepsi Arena) - 11,797

Nov. 23, 2004: UAlbany 86, Siena 65 (Pepsi Arena) - 8,904

Dec. 3, 2005: Siena 82, UAlbany 74, OT (Pepsi Arena) - 8,641

Dec. 2, 2006: Siena 76, UAlbany 75, 2OT (Pepsi Arena) - 11,271

That took all of about 2 minutes to find and post.

Here they are:

Thanks. Is there any local sporting event in the capital district that brings in this many people ?

Here they are:

Wow, for the first time you make youself useful. Almost. The question was what was the average. What happened you don't know how to add and divide. That is 10,428

Thanks. Is there any local sporting event in the capital district that brings in this many people ?

The only ones I can think of are the track at Saratoga and the rare time when we get the ncaa frozen 4 hockey(not ECAC or regionals) or the ncaa basketball tournamant which bascially sell out arenas wherever they are.

I am sure if I forgot something like Marist womens field hockey, that idiot LCC73 will be back here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived