UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

St. Bona

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree, we look lost when Lillis is running the point. During the stretch where we went up by 10 Marting was running the point exclusively.

I have allot to say about this game but I think I'll wait 'till I cool off a bit. This team needs to get their collective heads out of their a$$es!

I disagree, we look lost when Lillis is running the point. During the stretch where we went up by 10 Marting was running the point exclusively.

I have allot to say about this game but I think I'll wait 'till I cool off a bit. This team needs to get their collective heads out of their a$$es!

Take a breather man. DP said we looked lost when Lillis came out of the game, not the point.

I don't think it is something that Coach Brown could have or couldn't have altered. Bottom line is that we just didn't execute. If the team is just forcing shots, there isn't much he can do.

I personally can't blame this one on coach Brown, he called two TO's trying to stem the flow. Iati just runs around screens (towards the end of the game) putting up long range bombs. I know he hit allot of 3's this game but he's most effective when he sets and shoots. Zero production in the paint, forces us to shoot almost exclusively from the outside. We lack a player who can create for himself like Jamar used to.

We have allot of problems right now.

15 straight points in a row??

If not by adding more points to our lead, we had the opportunity to hold our 10 point lead and win this game.

We settled back and didn't attack them defensively.

We have good moments, and then we were satisfied. Then we gave up what we had gained. Typical story.

We should have been all over them for the last 7 mintues defensively.

Active mode to the passive mode.

Aggressive to neutral.

If there is a positive to take from this, or at least an alternative way of looking at things, since I've had some time to cool down after the loss, I would say that :

1) We've started the last 2 seasons in similar fashion.

In 2005-2006, we were 2-6 through our first 8.

Last year, 2006-2007, we were 2-4, and then and were 4-4 after 8 - similar to how we are now.

Ganted, our next 4 will be tough. If we can go 2-2, picking up a win over Boise or Iowa St + St. Francis, I'll be confident at 6-6, especially with a pretty tough OOC schedule, at least comparitively to what we've had in the past.

2) We are marginably losing games. Granted, a L is still an L, but we aren't getting BLOWN out etc. We just don't have any consistency.

If anything, that we are 4-4 and could go be 6-6 after our games at Duke/Iowa St. seems like somewhat of a blessing, considering how the AE is most definately stepping backwards as compared to the last 2 years or so.

If we can use the conference schedule, and arguably easier opponents to get our act together, I'll be confident going into late february/march. If we keep playing like this however, it's going to be a long season.

If there is a positive to take from this, or at least an alternative way of looking at things, since I've had some time to cool down after the loss, I would say that :

Last year, 2006-2007, we were 2-4, and then and were 4-4 after 8 - similar to how we are now.

Ganted, our next 4 will be tough. If we can go 2-2, picking up a win over Boise or Iowa St + St. Francis, I'll be confident at 6-6, especially with a pretty tough OOC schedule, at least comparitively to what we've had in the past.

I agree. This team usually starts slow and then explodes later on. You got to understand, while Coach Brown may not say it, I see this year as some what rebuilding. At the same time yes, the AE seems to have taken a step back this year.

Without Jamar and Jason Siggers, this team is young, and doesn't have the explosive playmaker it needs to win an America East championship. Lillis is a nice player when he has a GREAT player (Insert Jamar here) next to him. Not sold that Wilson is a dominant player, Iati is streaky as hell, and who else do we have that isn't really young? We have the "leadership" but not the "great" talent you would expect from the Jrs. and Srs. I actually think this team isn't going too be THAT great this year, and we will bounce back next season with a lot more talent coming in.

Lillis is a very good player - Jamar or not. However, Jamar obviously made him and other players better. For example, and I'm not saying he is on his level, but Jason Kidd makes VCarter and RJ better. Now they are good without him obviously, but you get my drift. We've seen that Lillis can score 20 a game without a problem. He has stepped his offensive game up for the most part. However, we don't have ANYONE (aside from the freshman who are limited in play) who can create their own shot consistently. Part of Brent's problems I think lie in that he isn't getting the occassional open shot or two which were generated by Jamar or Siggers driving and dishing it out. On average, last year, you would see a lot more WIDE open shots and I'm sure this accounted for a few baskets to each player. We are a jump shooting team. When your PF is a 3-point shooter with little post game, we are going to need to have a few players who can consistently drive to the hole. This is obviously absent and evident in that we are barely shooting any free-throws. How many did we shoot today? 1?

The bottom line is that SOMEONE needs to step up and mature their game QUICKLY if this season is going to be a success. I'm assuming this will have to be either Ambrose,Martin, or Hastings. One of them needs to be a consistent double-figure scorer who can put the ball on the floor and make things happen. This will free up Brent's game, get Iati more open shots, and hopefully have a game which is a little more uptempo. We can't just get offense from Lillis/Wilson/Iati.

Another thing I was thinking - and this may be a stretch, is that because our game is very slow/lathargic and in a half-court set on every possession, we aren't tiring the opposing team's D at all, and as a result are only making it that much more possible to press us on every possession.

Imho, the key is in Martin/Ambrose. If one or both can step their games up, we'll be MORE than fine.

I am not going to comment too much on the gameas others already have. All I am going to add is that the Bonnie students stormed the court after they beat UA. UA fans rightfully storm the court when we go to the NCAA's. Obviously to Bonnie like to Siena UAlbany is their biggest game of the season.

Also whichever Bonnie fan threw something at Fillian after the game ended was especially classless.

I am not going to comment too much on the gameas others already have. All I am going to add is that the Bonnie students stormed the court after they beat UA. UA fans rightfully storm the court when we go to the NCAA's. Obviously to Bonnie like to Siena UAlbany is their biggest game of the season.

Also whichever Bonnie fan threw something at Fillian after the game ended was especially classless.

I heard that the students stormed the court. I thought you had to be over .500 to rightfully do that.

I was there tonite. Gotta say that this team has the potential to be an America East championship team. A few things on the game though that was often pretty ugly.

1) They need to find their mean streak :angry2: . The trapping zone that the Bonnies were playing was nothing special and it looked like the most of the Danes didnt want to attack it, especially the first 15 mins and the last 5 mins.

2) Hastings need to realize that he's got game. He gets the ball in a position to take his man on the wing and he looks to pass it out. Need to find some agressiveness or hes gonna start losing minutes to martin and ambrose.

3) Ambrose has got so much ability. I see glimpses but then he makes a bonehead play like that 3 at the end of the half with 11 secs left and the shot clock off. Then he gets no min. in the 2nd half cause of his youthfulness. Hes got a great feel 4 the game, he just seems to be on a little bit of a leash out there. I think the mistakes will come while freeing him up but this guy has got it.

4) Josh really knows how to run the O. When the Danes made their run, he was distributing and making great decisions. Hes gonna keep getting better with time. The Bonnies made their run when he came out. Unless he was gassed, i don't know why he came out. His handle is unreal and can take many many people off the bounce in the AE. He's also a great rebounder for a 1. Covington was also playing solid ball and Giff went in for him which was kind of confusing.

5) The Danes held SBu to6 points in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half. Their D was intense and the SBU O was out of sync and 1 on 1. Then they gave up 15 pts in the last 5 mins without closing out on the jumpshooter.

The Danes are better than SBU and have to beat teams like this. Tonight isn't going to hurt them in the long run as long as they learn from this one and step their game up as we approach AE play.

p.s.-my son wrote the evaluation...i just want to add that, while i expected the bonnie fans to be rough on will, they crossed the class line a few times...invoking his wife's name, holding a sign that said Will Brown Eat Sh** and another that said Leverage This and had an arrow pointing at the brilliant bonnie's gonadic region...that said we helped them beat us and they got the W while we got the long bus ride back to UA. A minor ray of light in the paint...Brent showed some versatility with some post-ups of a talented Michael Lee and Covington, who knows how to get a seal on the block, actually put up a beauty of a baby hook in the lane...if only that could happen 4-5 times a game, we are a vastly different team...Giff, on the other hand, had Brown seething with his inconsistency (we were sitting right behind the bench)...kid's gotta get out of diapers and wake up to the big time.

I agree. This team usually starts slow and then explodes later on. You got to understand, while Coach Brown may not say it, I see this year as some what rebuilding. At the same time yes, the AE seems to have taken a step back this year.

We've taken a step back in the last 3 games and it breaks my heart that lesser teams are making mincemeat of us. Coach Brown needs to reevaluate his style of coaching and get a way that wins since he has failed the last three games. We dropped three must-win games and that worries me with the hard part of our schedule coming up.

WE HAVE TO WIN OUR NEXT GAME!!!

Archived