UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

St. Bona

scrabble,

No matter how upset I am over a loss, I trust coach Brown knows what he's doing. After having watched this game I'm even more convinced FWIW that we should start Josh at the point and move Lillis to the 2. Josh played 26 minutes, why not just put him out there to start the game? He had no TO's, 4pt and 4 asst. I'm shocked that we aren't getting more offense from Jerell. He seems to have a great skill set, quick, strong, athletic, whats the deal with him. He passed up some nice opportunities in this game.

Iati going 4-12 in 25 minutes, I'm sorry but 4-12? That's not getting it done IMO. I know they were all 3's but 4-12? He's shooting .211 from downtown this year. I love Iati and am trying to be as tactful as possible but it's time to take some of those 26 minutes and give Robert and/or Timmy more run.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iati just runs around screens (towards the end of the game) putting up long range bombs.

Iati going 4-12 in 25 minutes, I'm sorry but 4-12? That's not getting it done IMO. I know they were all 3's but 4-12? He's shooting .211 from downtown this year. I love Iati and am trying to be as tactful as possible but it's time to take some of those 26 minutes and give Robert and/or Timmy more run.

scrabbleship Posted Today, 12:40 AM

Impossible to be tactful about dissing a guy that gives over 110%. But the 3-pt shooting percentage is not the only way that Iati hurts. He plays hard on defense but is often picked off too easily or the play goes over the top of him. Its a difficult call - he's neither the future nor the present. He contributes, but I believe the quality of his contribution doesn't warrant the minutes he gets.

If this is a rebuilding year, and we're going to lose these kinds of games, lets go about the business of rebuilding. I'd rather lose with the new guys.

I would argue that Coach Brown is right to argue that this isn't a rebuilding year necesarrily. The difference between an Albany-rebuilding year and that of another team in another conference is that when you play in the AE, you are ALWAYS in the run to win the conference. You can still rebuild and contend the same year.

No matter what seed you go into the conference tourny, and no matter what talent there is on paper, the difference between the top team and that of the bottom team (except for maybe SBU) is not drastic enough to warrant any coach to alter the way he approaches games in an attempt to plan for the future. The AE isn't the ACC, where the difference between say Duke and a lower level team is that immense. On any given day, any AE team can beat another.

Our team can and will contend for an AE championship - it's just going to take us a while to get better. But we can use the conference schedule for that. We're lucky that the AE has taken a step back. Trust that.

I would agree with the Iati comments above.

My problem is this. Most games this season, with the exclusion of Columbia, there is a recurring theme popping up its ugly head. Our intensity is subpar at best, imo. I watch some of the ranked teams, and notice something they have, that we don't. Besides for the extreme talent, I notice that most of these teams seem to be going at 500 mph. Everyone of them seem to have the Junk Yard Dog mentality, willing to give everything they have...

Then I compare this intensity to ours, and I just don't see the hustle, intensity, aggressiveness and drive.

I see hesitation. I see indecisiveness.

I don't see superior effort.

I see players going at 60 mph.

I don't see the attack mode, except a few spurts in any particular game.

I see our offense get smuthered by the opponents' defense in almost every game.

I don't see the willingness to penetrate aggressively.

I see a willingness to accept only an outside game offensively, one mediocre at best.

I see lazy perimeter passing well out beyond the arc. I see lazy attempts to go get the ball.

I see our defense (a majority of the time) settle back, 7-10 feet off of their guards, with absolutely no pressure.

I see our defense allow their offense to pass freely with ease, without pressure, on the outside.

I don't see us attacking a full court press.

I don't see us applying a full court press much.

I see the wrong approach and it is partially the responsibility of the coaching staff. We may not have the athletes or be at the skill level as a DUKE team, but we certainly could become a team that had the same INTENSITY.

With INTENSITY and AGGRESSIVENESS, lots of good things happen. With our jets turned on, I see a damn good team. But, I don't see our jets on very much at all.

I also agree that it is Martin's time to lead this team. I love our seniors. But, they are not the ones to lead this team. They might be able to lead in a pyschological way, but on the court, we need Martin.

Martin and Ambrose, ( at this point, it's been hard for me to evaluate Hastings ) seem to be the only exceptional ball handlers on our team. (Ambrose has had some turnovers, but with experience he will be awesome) We need aggressive, penetrating playmakers to lead this team.

This is where we will get real penetration, which will eventually break down and collapse a defense. This is when players like Iati and Wilson are most dangerous. They don't hit the rushed and pressured shots much. Also, dishing off in the paint to our awaiting big men will be available through this penetration, for some easy baskets.

People need I remind you that these are OOC games, the only games that matter are the three in March. Have we hit a low point in the season definitly; but, all of us have been through much worse with this team. I think this team is more balanced than any other UA team in the past.

Will might have to move around the lineup remember the key moves in the past, 2005-06 Lillis was inserted into the starting lineup, last year Jamar was moved from Point Guard-Shooting Guard. Perhaps this year Martin needs to be moved into the PG, Lillis SG, Hastings SF, Wilson PF, Connelly C.

We still have four games until confrence play begins better to work out the wrinkles now then later.

People need I remind you that these are OOC games, the only games that matter are the three in March. Have we hit a low point in the season definitly; but, all of us have been through much worse with this team. I think this team is more balanced than any other UA team in the past.

Will might have to move around the lineup remember the key moves in the past, 2005-06 Lillis was inserted into the starting lineup, last year Jamar was moved from Point Guard-Shooting Guard. Perhaps this year Martin needs to be moved into the PG, Lillis SG, Hastings SF, Wilson PF, Connelly C.

We still have four games until confrence play begins better to work out the wrinkles now then later.

Sorry, this season is over.

Luckily, however, I have already penciled in Lindfors for 33ppg and 22rpg, Raffa for 27ppg and 11apg, and Aronhalt for 22ppg next year, so the program should be in good shape...

Sorry, this season is over.

Luckily, however, I have already penciled in Lindfors for 33ppg and 22rpg, Raffa for 27ppg and 11apg, and Aronhalt for 22ppg next year, so the program should be in good shape...

Billy Allen should be good for at least 15 ppg

Archived