UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Delaware

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. The woman who answered was beyond stupid, and given her heavy southern accent and ability (or, rather, inability) on the phone (no offense to ATL_DANE or anyone else residing in, or from, the south), I was surprised that she is employed north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Actually the Bob is a couple of miles south of where the M-D Line would be if it extended eastward instead of following the DE border. So there you go.

That explains it! :)

What kind of crowds do they get there? Is it a tough place to play?

Hen Fan here...a few facts.

The BOB seats 5000...and during the 90's was filled for games. We went to the NCAA's 4 times in the 90's under Mike Brey. He left for ND and we hired Dave Henderson, an assistant at Duke. He went on to take a program at the time was considered one of the top mid majors in th country and reduce it to a joke. He was fired after the 05/06 year and Monte Ross, an assistant at St Joes was hired. He gutted the roster his first year and we played with only 6 scholarship players and finished with 5 wins. With many scholarships to offer he hit the recruiting trail and brought in 4 freshman and 3 transfers.

Lucky for you guys, none of the transfers are eligible right now. Marc Egerson, a 6'6 225 guard who avg 7.5/game at GTown and Jim Ledsome, a 6'9 230 F from Nebraska are eligible Dec 16th. Jawan Carter, who started his freshman year at St Joes and avg 8 game is eligible next year.

Who do we have?

Herb Courtney 6'7 215 2nd team CAA

Brian Johnson 5'10 190 all rookie CAA

Sam McMahon 6'5 220 10.5/game 43% from 3

Those are the 3 returning players from last year....we also play the 4 freshman who all have shown good skills but they are freshman. Our 2 biggest players, Pau Geli 6'9 240 and Henry Olawoye 6'8 235 are stiffs and wont see the court.

Right now we avg about 2800 a agem so it wont be that loud....If someone told me after the 99 season we would win 5 games in 06/07, I would say no way. No offense to you guys...you have a very good program in the America East but when we were there, we owned it along with Drexel and Hofstra...now we are underdogs at home to a team from a weaker conference. I want to cry. :angry: Good luck tonight.

"no offense to ATL_DANE or anyone else residing in, or from, the south)"

No offense taken. I'm a carpet bagger. I love their southern weather and passion for college football too much to leave. I wish my northern friends would come to embrace that passion.

The BCS selections made the front page of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. I can't imagine the TU doing that if we were going to the Rose Bowl.

Thanks for the info HenFan. I tried to glean some of it from the Hens' Board, but was sketchy on the details.

Sorry to hear just how bad the Henderson debacle was, but at least it sounds like Ross has begun to turn things around. I hope the two transfers can come in and give the squad a spark (since UA won't face them again this year).

Speaking personally, I take no offense to the America East reference. In my mind, the conference works for us now, but I wouldn't mind seeing UA make the jump into the CAA in a few years, following somewhat the path Delaware took (without the whole reduce the program to the joke and rebuild from scratch thing).

After tonight, I hope the Blue Hens go undefeated.

The BOB seats 5000...and during the 90's was filled for games. We went to the NCAA's 4 times in the 90's under Mike Brey. He left for ND and we hired Dave Henderson, an assistant at Duke. He went on to take a program at the time was considered one of the top mid majors in th country and reduce it to a joke. He was fired after the 05/06 year and Monte Ross, an assistant at St Joes was hired. He gutted the roster his first year and we played with only 6 scholarship players and finished with 5 wins. With many scholarships to offer he hit the recruiting trail and brought in 4 freshman and 3 transfers.

Lucky for you guys, none of the transfers are eligible right now. Marc Egerson, a 6'6 225 guard who avg 7.5/game at GTown and Jim Ledsome, a 6'9 230 F from Nebraska are eligible Dec 16th. Jawan Carter, who started his freshman year at St Joes and avg 8 game is eligible next year.

Who do we have?

Those are the 3 returning players from last year....we also play the 4 freshman who all have shown good skills but they are freshman. Our 2 biggest players, Pau Geli 6'9 240 and Henry Olawoye 6'8 235 are stiffs and wont see the court.

Right now we avg about 2800 a agem so it wont be that loud....If someone told me after the 99 season we would win 5 games in 06/07, I would say no way. No offense to you guys...you have a very good program in the America East but when we were there, we owned it along with Drexel and Hofstra...now we are underdogs at home to a team from a weaker conference. I want to cry. :angry: Good luck tonight.

HenFan,

Thanks for the breakdown. Sorry to hear that your program was reduced to rubble, hopefully after tonight you run the table. :blush: Good for us (RPI) and good for you. In all seriousness though, road games are always somewhat of a challenge. I don't think anyone is overlooking you guys. We are not Duke to overlook anyone.

Good luck after tonight.

Who do we have?

HenFan,

Thanks for the breakdown. Sorry to hear that your program was reduced to rubble, hopefully after tonight you run the table. :blush: Good for us (RPI) and good for you. In all seriousness though, road games are always somewhat of a challenge. I don't think anyone is overlooking you guys. We are not Duke to overlook anyone.

Good luck after tonight.

One other thing...as I head out the door to the BOB..looking forward to seeing Lillis play. I love midwest players...especially tough nosed guys who look like they belong in the Big Ten. we have one in Sam McMahon from Missouri...same size as Lilis..great shooter..prb not the defender Lilis is....If you guys win, this may seem like a bad RPI game for you..but when our transfers start..we should win some games and be respectable come March.

...We went to the NCAA's 4 times in the 90's under Mike Brey. He left for ND and we hired Dave Henderson, an assistant at Duke. He went on to take a program at the time was considered one of the top mid majors in th country and reduce it to a joke. He was fired after the 05/06 year and Monte Ross, an assistant at St Joes was hired. He gutted the roster his first year and we played with only 6 scholarship players and finished with 5 wins. With many scholarships to offer he hit the recruiting trail and brought in 4 freshman and 3 transfers.

...Right now we avg about 2800 a agem so it wont be that loud....If someone told me after the 99 season we would win 5 games in 06/07, I would say no way. No offense to you guys...you have a very good program in the America East but when we were there, we owned it along with Drexel and Hofstra...now we are underdogs at home to a team from a weaker conference. I want to cry. :angry: Good luck tonight.

Hey, Dane fans--sound a little familiar? (though our attendance was more like 280 a game) HenFan, looks like you're on the road to recovery as we were a few short years ago. Best of luck.

S€

TWO WORDS: SOUL SEARCH.

The Danes need to do that. We have come out slow in all the games I have watched. Against athletic teams it won't work. They need to play with more urgency in the beginning.

Win or Lose...this is an UGLY GAME...that they need to learn from.

Archived