UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SUNY Growth

ATL_DANE

Our endowment is a joke, there is no doubt about that. I think there are many factors that play into this and I'm sure that those of you with more connections with the State/SUNY could elaborate better than I could but here are a few of my thoughts?

-graduates feel that they are giving money to the state and not the school, and find me someone who likes the state government

-lack of an identity (although I feel this is clearly changing)

-lack of school spirit (also changing)

-lack of community involvement(This one bugs me the most. Find another state flagship community with as little support and knowledge of their school as Albany)

I loved my time at UA and as a recent graduate I contribute money and support the school as much as I can. Obviously being a recent graduate, I don't have the resources to donate large sums of $$$$, but I donate and get my company to match. Hopefully others follow.

Our endowment is a joke, there is no doubt about that. I think there are many factors that play into this and I'm sure that those of you with more connections with the State/SUNY could elaborate better than I could but here are a few of my thoughts?

I think another reason can be that, unlike most other state schools, that UAlbany in its current form is relatively young (45 years) and that the old-time, loaded alumni that most state schools don't really exist because the school turned out teachers and little else in the 12 decades before and those alumni probably have the concept that "[we're] a state school, they don't need money" carved into their minds. Also, the number of notable alumni from that era is near nonexistent, the list of those who are living begins and ends with Harold Gould.

Once we get into the UA era entering older age, we might see more money coming in. Comparing us to any other state's main school can't be done because us, in our current form, isn't as matured.

Archived