UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Conduct of the St. Bona Fans

After hearing the chants of the students Saturday night, I was upset. After learning today that our assistant coach was hit in the eye with some object thrown by fans, I am disgusted and outraged.

While I know better than to attribute the actions of a few to the masses, the masses were culpable Saturday night at least insofar as the chants were heard. Ergo, a worthless school in a worthless town if you ask me. I encourage all of us to write to the officials at that college to comment on what I hope would be our collective outrage.

After hearing the chants of the students Saturday night, I was upset. After learning today that our assistant coach was hit in the eye with some object thrown by fans, I am disgusted and outraged.

While I know better than to attribute the actions of a few to the masses, the masses were culpable Saturday night at least insofar as the chants were heard. Ergo, a worthless school in a worthless town if you ask me. I encourage all of us to write to the officials at that college to comment on what I hope would be our collective outrage.

I wasn't at the game but readin the coach's comments and seeing that someone was injured is pathetic and outragous.

Here is a link to the emails for the St. Bonnie Athletic Dept if you would like to send along your thoughts.

http://gobonnies.cstv.com/staffdir/stbo-staffdir.html

I was most outraged by whoever threw something at Coach Filien on Saturday. I only commented on it real quick when I got back to the hotel room Saturday night. I didn't see it happen. It happened to the left of me right after the game as the coaches were shaking hands. I saw Coach Filien come back to the bench and grab a towel and put it to the eye.

And it looked like no official from St Bonaventure did anything. That is bogus. It is one thing to allow people to say things, no matter how stupid and outrageous, but the line must be drawn at people that throw things that could and do cause injuries.

Sounds like lots of sour grapes because Coach Brown made the right decision and did not go there. It would have been "career suicide". I feel sorry for the gullible guy they eventually talked into taking the job. He would have been better off staying at Robert Morris. In four or five years he will be unemployed.

Reading about this reminded me of one of our home games, I can't remember who it was against. The opposing team was complaining that someone from the student section was throwing things at their bench and Coach Brown took the microphone from the announcer's table and told everyone to stop.

I'm not sure I understand the St. Bonaventure thinking - they seem to be turning things around and winning some games shouldn't they be... I dunno...enjoying it?

does St. Bonaventure get good support? I read on their website that they sell out every game.

They get decent support. Not only do they not sell out every game, they haven't sold out any this season. Listed capacity 5,780. Attendance vs UA 4334. 12/1 vs Cansius 4420. 11/24 vs Eastern Michigan 3689. 11/12 vs Bingo 4196

Dane Pound - I think this thread discusses the incident you were referring to:

http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2554

The friars who ran St. Bonaventure organized Siena as a sister/satellite school in 1937. Maybe this explains the similarity in fan behavior, though "Bonnie" fans have a longer and worse reputation for this sort of trailer park routine.

Archived