UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Stony Brook

just got back from the Brook. pretty solid game overall for the team but we did give up 43 points in second half (42-21 at half).

a bunch of turnovers as usual. we only dressed 10 guys with Allen and Anderson in suits and no sign of Josh. Brent hit a bunch of threes in 1st half and Iati and Lillis played a decent point guard for the game. Hastings was solid and nailed a bunch of FT's near the end to seal it. Gifford was good also on both ends of the court. Covington and Turley were quiet and Connelly consistant. Ambrose got some time due to family in attendance but never got in the flow of the offense. good road win. bingo next.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(bosiydid @ Jan 9 2008, 09:25 PM)

To boring a game to get really into it. We won....check ESPN for the final score and boxscore. Very long last 3 minutes!

A pretty crappy reply when someone asks for some insight into the game.

Maybe if we lost again on the road you would have more to post about it.

I haven't found many wins boring especially from a team that's struggling to find it self.

I believe Brent's 6 threes were not boring

Lillis going for 19 wasn't bad.

5 guys in double figures is exciting.

Our domination of the boards was OK

The fact the SBU was coming off a dominating performance against Maine.

To boring a game to get really into it. We won....check ESPN for the final score and boxscore. Very long last 3 minutes!

A pretty crappy reply when someone asks for some insight into the game.

Maybe if we lost again on the road you would have more to post about it.

I haven't found many wins boring especially from a team that's struggling to find it self.

I believe Brent's 6 threes were not boring

Lillis going for 19 wasn't bad.

5 guys in double figures is exciting.

Our domination of the boards was OK

The fact the SBU was coming off a dominating performance against Maine.

Patch,

Who rankled your chain this morning? Why don't you go back to bed and try again in an hour or so.

The last 3+ minutes were excruciatingly long.....felt a little deflated when it was said and done. Good win, especially on the road! No road win is ever bad. Not sure how accurate any observation would be since I only listened on the radio.

- Nice to hear Jerel get a bit more into the game....he seems to be a good bit more aggressive as of late. Last night 11 points and 9 rebounds.

- Giff playing better as of late. Last night 4 points, 3 rebounds and a block. This after 3 points, 4 reb and two blocks against UVM.

Again, I didn't mean to post a "crappy" reply, but the outcome of the game was never really in question and the last few minutes of the game were a bit deflating. Thats all!

Can someone please post a final score and recap. I freakin' fell asleep (been fighting a flu) and missed the radio broadcast. Ugh! - UA_MA_2000
Response...

Nice response to a person fighting the flu but seeking some info.

Maybe no response would have been better than the one you gave UA_MA_2000. You showed great compassion for the team and UA_MA_2000.

Just my opinion!!!!!

ps - By the way what is a rankled chain?

Also Iati closing in on 1,000pts

Can someone please post a final score and recap. I freakin' fell asleep (been fighting a flu) and missed the radio broadcast. Ugh! - UA_MA_2000
Response...

Nice response to a person fighting the flu but seeking some info.

Maybe no response would have been better than the one you gave UA_MA_2000. You showed great compassion for the team and UA_MA_2000.

Just my opinion!!!!!

ps - By the way what is a rankled chain?

Also Iati closing in on 1,000pts

Patch,

Honestly, I don't think UA was offended at my reply, perhaps he can clarify if he was or wasn't. I'm not sure why you are taking it so personally. I meant no disrespect to the team, UA or anyone else here.

I'm not sure how me, posting what I posted demonstrates a lack of "compassion" towards UA or the team. I'd ask you to clarify but I don't feel like getting into a pointless pissing contest with you. It was more so an indication of the frame of mind I was in at the time of the post, which was a bit subdued as the outcome of the game was never in question . So with all due respect, if I've offended you or UA_MA with my response, I apologize!

By the way, the word "rankle" means to persistently irritate.

"rankled chain" was an interesting choice of words, thanks for the explanation.

I'm not sure how me, posting what I posted demonstrates a lack of "compassion" towards UA or the team.

Would you have posted similar if the results were turned around at SBU.

Forget it it's a mute point. I'm done with this thread, have a good day ( and I mean it)

Can anyone add any observations on how we flowed on offense/defense or anything that would not be shown in the boxscore? I listened to parts of the game, but the feed kept getting screwed up unfortunately. Thanks

I had some minor surgery yesterday, so as I was laying around on Lortabs anyway, I ponied up the $6.95 and watched the game on Stony Brook's network. I thought DaneZone has shortcomings. SB had one camera at the center of the court. On fast breaks the camera never caught up with the action on the court. During time outs and half time the announcers had open mikes and pretty much shared every conceivable remedy for sore throat and hoarseness. They also commented on the sizable contingent of UA fans.

My overall impression of the game - if SB was not so awful, we would have not won the game. We had a good first half. The second half though, in my opinion was way too full of sloppy passing and low intensity, including a pass to Lillis which he non-nonchalantly tried to catch with one hand only to miss it and have it go out of bounds.

Our rebounding was good, Hastings played a nice game throughout, as did Wilson. Everyone else contributed, but its somewhat disconcerting to see the team mentally on the bus home with about 15 minutes remaining in the game.

Still not sure why we spend 20-25 seconds of so many shot clocks passing the ball on the perimeter (throwing it away at times), working to get a 3-point shot. Those shots are always available.

But a win is a win. On to Saturday.

I'm not sure how me, posting what I posted demonstrates a lack of "compassion" towards UA or the team.

Forget it it's a mute point. I'm done with this thread, have a good day ( and I mean it)

Patch,

I probably would NOT have posted the same thing. Actually, I'd probably be pretty upset if we lost to a sub par SB team. We took care of our business and beat a poor SB team handedly, thats why it really didn't stir any strong emotions.

I can see what you are getting at.....that I'm to critical when the team loses and don't give them enough props when they win. I'm assuming thats what you are getting at. Yes, I fully realize that I at times have a "the sky is falling" mentality on this board, but I've been a bit more even keel this season then when I first started following the program. In all actuality, I very often give props after wins (for what it's worth)....this one just simply didn't do it for me. I meant no disrespect!

This is just me being a little pessimistic perhaps, however, I'm a little concerned that Brent shot 12 three's, and didn't shoot a single shot below the arc. I'm glad he shot 50% from three, but this does concern me a little. If he's not shooting 50%, then this game is a lot closer. I'd like to see him post a little. Were his shots wide open? I would find it hard to believe that he wold have 12 WIDE open looks - or maybe he did, since he shot 50%?

Any thoughts?

Since we're all picking on each other in this thread, I'd like to chime in and point out that its a "moot" point, not a "mute" point. :ph34r:

Biggest misuse of a phrase in America....

Now someone can pick on me..... :blush:

Since we're all picking on each other in this thread, I'd like to chime in and point out that its a "moot" point, not a "mute" point. :ph34r:

Biggest misuse of a phrase in America....

Now someone can pick on me..... :blush:

danefan,

You SUCK! I hope I used that properly..... :blush:

Archived