UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Stony Brook

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Danefan and I have spoken about, I am keeping to myself on this subject because my true emotions are brewing ever so slowly as I wait to hear back from those I know in government from my time in the Assembly.

Between what MAY or MAY NOT be true regarding the flagship thing, SUNY CENTRAL may have forgotten us. What's worse, the people who can make a stink about the Presidency and Flagship status, is the Times Union. IT is clear they are either inept...or don't give a $iena. I also blame the TV outlets.

I really think these people have forgotten the impact that the school has on supplying finances to the region in order for people to, conversely, spend $$$ on the newspapers and cable so that they may sell advertising and STAY IN BUSINESS.

However, for the record, you can easily request a status report from SUNY Central and Albany on the search.

Quite frankly...I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN AROUND A SEARCH THAT HAS TAKEN NEARLY TWO YEARS! It is a travesty.

Maybe next he can announce that we are an "INTERIM UNIVERSITY", trying to figure out if we would rather be taken seriously or as a Mickey Mouse Club chapter.

I am guessing there was no talk about the flagship thing?

3. No care how they spend money like drunken sailors (20mm athletic budget).

That could be a new term. "Seawolving (aka. Fiorizing)-Tell everyone through the media how great you're going to be, spending money like a drunken sailor while accomplishing none of the things you set out to do."

This interim bull#$%@ is getting out of control! We should rename the University the "Interim University at Albany". We can probably scratch together 20 or 30 people from this board who can write and call consistently (EVERY DAY) to get some movement on some of these decisions. Who are the people most involved in this process, it would be great to start complaining to the people that matter. THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE LUBE!

Stop stealing my line: I wrote Interim University before you. :)

I liked it so I'm running with it.....All the credit to you though!

No, honestly, isn't it about time this board served for something more then bitching and moaning about coach Brown or Timmy? We can probably scrap together 20 people who can write and call daily......if we do it right we could make an appearance like it's double or triple that calling/writing.

Archived