UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton vs. UAlbany, 01.12.2008, 2pm

It's interesting what everyone took away from that game considering the lengthy discussion of Ambrose. With time he'll be a good player in our system in the future. It's not unusual for freshman to struggle, even talented ones and to be honest freshman guards almost always tend to drive me nuts with their decision-making. As someone once said, the best thing about freshman is they become sophmores.

I was much more concerned with our upper classman. To me, Lillis is doing everything but singing the national anthem and he did not get much help yesterday. We're not a bad offensive team when Connelly, Lillis and Brent are on the court and scoring but when one of them are off we are not a good looking team on that end of the floor. No offense to those of you looking at Ambrose but I think you're talking about the wrong guy. This is from the peanut gallery but I'd like to see Hastings be a little more selfish out there. To me, he seems to have more tools than he gets credit for. He can shoot the three, he's big enough to shoot over guys in the lane and if you foul him get can shoot from the line. That and he seems to have a good handle on what they're trying to do defensively.

I agree with your thoughts on Hastings. I think offensively we can be good if everyone is on but that rarely seems to happen. Bing played really tight D on our guys yesterday and we just didn't look good. Many times on that end of the court it looked like everone was just waiting for Brian to make a move. I think Brent is a huge key for our offense; getting threes and maybe a few nice shots down low. Connelly can be deadly if his mid-range jumper is dropping. Both of these guys can really open the floor up if there on, which in turn helps the other 3 on the court. Getting any offense from the 5 spot would be nice. I have noticed that when Covington gets the ball anywhere near the basket he Always puts it on the floor before going up and it's driving me crazy! Why won't he just put it up quick instead of making the bounce?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the injuries (and the short leash) I think fatigue played a major role in the last 8 minutes. Lillis, Connelly, and Wilson all w/major minutes. Shots were short and intensity a little off (outside of Lillis).

And that one play seemed to break our backs. The inbounds down by 5, steal and from what I remember Brent (he just struggles around the baseket) was blocked, and Connelly and Hastings missed follow ups. Could have cut it to 3. Instead Bing breaks for a layup and a 7 point lead. Game over. It's amazing how one play turns a 40 minute game.

I never really put my thoughts here on the Bingo game, but I wanted to state how impressive Lillis look. Did anyone else get the impression that he basically could do whatever he wanted against their defense? His play reminded me of the playground days when you got to play a pick-up game with some kids who weren't really that good and you could just score at will.

When a guy goes off like Gordon did, I'm not sure there is much you can do.

What seemed to be a very long bench when the season started, has become very short. I agree with other observations here, that the increased minutes took their toll over the last 7 minutes of the game. This may have been a factor. I know we've been looking for someone to step up. Brian Lillis has, and is carrying this team on his back. He needs a little help with the load.

Archived