UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown: Blog Entry

I particularly like the comments regarding Timmy. It's nice to see the coach acknowledge that he's been working very hard, and it showed last time out. The kid is watching film with the coach etc. thats a great sign. For me....that was the best part of the blog. It's great to see Timmy working hard and not get down on himself.

I particularly like the comments regarding Timmy. It's nice to see the coach acknowledge that he's been working very hard, and it showed last time out. The kid is watching film with the coach etc. thats a great sign. For me....that was the best part of the blog. It's great to see Timmy working hard and not get down on himself.

I liked the comments about Brent. It just emphasizes my point in the Maine post game thread. We need him to score 10+ a game to win. I checked the stats out a couple days ago and wrote the following email to a friend. Glad to see the coach agrees with me.

"In 10 losses Iati and Wilson combined to average 14.5 points per game. In their 9

wins the combined average points per game is 20.8. That is a difference of

6.3 points in wins over losses for the combination.

This made me dig a little deeper. Most of this is due to Brent Wilson. The

difference for him alone is big. He has scored a total of 109 point in the

9 wins and only 75 points in the 10 losses. Averages are 12.1 in wins, 7.5

in losses. Iati is only an 8 point difference at 78 vs 70 or 8.7 vs 7ppg."

I really hope Brent can kick it into gear. We really need him down the stretch run.

This America East thing is still wide open. With a little adjusting and healthy bodies it still can be won.

It was nice to read Coach Brown's comments, especially since they came relatively quickly after his last blog entry.

Over the course of this season, I have come to the realization of how much effort is required to do well in conference play. Not only does the past winner of the conference title or the winner of the tournament have a target on its back, but the players have to summon extraordinary energy, effort, and judgment to win every conference game. It is difficult enough to win either the regular season or the tournament, but to repeat the feat is much more difficult, and to three-peat is even more onerous.

I think that it must be a huge challenge for Wilson to get roused enough for every game. Players just might lose the edge they had when the urgency to win the first title was going strong, but to have to put forth the effort again with an ailing body must be very hard for him.

My post here is not an excuse; it's simply an explanation. I'm quite sure that Brown is putting a lot of pressure on these kids this season to perform to the same heights as last season, and we students and alumni and the players themselves are adding to the expectations.

Most of us thought this team would be the deepest team in the conference this season, with UMBC a close challenger, and now we have seen just how vulnerable we are. With all these factors against us we may not be able to accomplish what we had expected last November.

Now...if only we can find out more about this recruiting trip to FL.

According to Rivals it could be to see Ramon Galloway a 6'2 guard at Dwyer High in West Palm Beach. He's a transplant from Philly and is averaging 20 ppg and 9 rebounds for the #1 ranked team in the state.

WOW...if that who is will is looking at...good for us. Ramon is VERY good. I watched him when I was home. His school plays a really good schedule and I got to see them in the Kreul Classic...which is a ridiculous talent filled event down in FLA.

There are big time programs looking at him. Am I the only one who's noticed us going after bigger and bigger fish. Jordan Stevens, Taron Buie etc. If we can land at least one of these type of players it would be unfreakin real. This must a good size fish coach Brown is going after, in mid-season 3 days before a game.

Archived